Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
@TheBloke where are you?

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

I think we may have to tacitly and reluctantly accept the formal possibility that, unlike ourselves it seems, Tom aka @TheBloke has a life! lol!

Reactions: vapealone

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I think we may have to tacitly and reluctantly accept the formal possibility that, unlike ourselves it seems, Tom aka @TheBloke has a life! lol!
No way. Do you want to disturb the matrix? [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I strenuously deny these damaging and utterly unfounded rumours that I may have a life!

Sadly I don't think helping arrange and then attending my Dad's 80th birthday party qualifies me for 'life' status :)

Anyway I'm back. Way behind with everything as usual. I will definitely be probing the SX Mini tonight or tomorrow :)

magerb

Dec 26, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Nope, no gap, the Tele tube is all the way in, although you can not use the small tube if you wanted the Tele look ;)

Pretty sure there isn't any weight difference, and if there was it would be so minor you wouldn't be able to tell holding one after the other.

I don't think there is ant real reason to go for or the other, just grab the one you can get is my opinion. The one plus to the 2380T is if you're feeling frisky, you can use it in 2 x 18650 mode without having to buy a separate tube.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanx man, appreciate the info. Went ahead and got it and have been enjoying it very much for the past couple of days.

There is one item, maybe you can help. I set the initial reading always around 68f. After I vape the device always shows 10 deg higher than what I set it. Is this normal for this device?

Michael

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Thanx man, appreciate the info. Went ahead and got it and have been enjoying it very much for the past couple of days.

There is one item, maybe you can help. I set the initial reading always around 68f. After I vape the device always shows 10 deg higher than what I set it. Is this normal for this device?

Michael
TheBloke knows exactly what's going on there, let's wait for him to drop the knowledge :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I didn't test it but empirical experience tells me it's around 20C when compared to a dna 40 with Ti coil (measured at the coil where 185C is around 232C)

On the evic, to get the same vape, I have to push it to 250C

Regards
Tony

Sorry, but it's a bit difficult to determine from your post; Did the dna40 measure 185 or 232 at the coil?

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Well, sorry for my English :)

Dna 40 doesn't have a Ti mode so the only way to run a Ti coil is to set a lower temperature. I liked 185C (set on screen)

A few days ago, Tom measured a dna 40 with a ti coil at 185C and the coil was in fact at 240C (232 was a mistake, sorry)

Here the equivalence chart of Ti for a dna 40

495fab9a7014094cad1803554ad57a70.jpg

Regards
Tony

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Well, sorry for my English :)

Dna 40 doesn't have a Ti mode so the only way to run a Ti coil is to set a lower temperature. I liked 185C (set on screen)

A few days ago, Tom measured a dna 40 with a ti coil at 185C and the coil was in fact at 240C (232 was a mistake, sorry)

Here the equivalence chart of Ti for a dna 40

495fab9a7014094cad1803554ad57a70.jpg

Regards
Tony

Now that I have Ti wire, I want to make sure I'm getting this straight...

IF I set my DNA40 at 329, the actual temp of the coil should be in the 414 range. Is this correct?

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Thanks Tony. Any plans on testing the VT in Ti mode?
Tom is the testing guru (TheBloke). I just use his work :)
Now that I have Ti wire, I want to make sure I'm getting this straight...

IF I set my DNA40 at 329, the actual temp of the coil should be in the 414 range. Is this correct?
Exactly :) if the coil is grade 1 Ti that is :)

Regards
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread