Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Depends what you're looking for -by far my best flavour monkey out of the other tanks

I've posted about this one in a couple of different threads. I picked up the ePoch D1 at a great price a week ago at my friends vapor store, and you are 100% correct: This tank beats the pants off everything else in my arsenal for flavor. Kayfuns, Lemos, Aquas, Orchids, you name it.

Filling is super easy,close the liquid control,pull off the topcap,fill the atty and replace the topcap,turn the atty upside down and open the liquid control.
I turn the atty upside down in case of pressure building while placing the topcap.

And there is the answer to my dilemma with this tank....It flooded every time I filled it. And the answer was so simple, I'm kicking myself for not figuring it out. I just filled it to try this out and it worked perfectly. After filling it, I flipped it over, waited for the air bubble to rise, then opened the chimney, and you can actually hear a small pop when you open it. Not a drop of flooding this time.

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• Epochbuild.jpg
    Epochbuild.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Wammus

ChippyT

Jun 21, 2015
Peterborough, UK
I don't believe this has been mentioned, but I've found this tank is pretty easy to remove the base to re-wick without draining the liquid. Just open the juice control, and hold the top cap while unscrewing the base. The chimney stays in place nicely. :)

View attachment 467485

Good tip I think it was mentioned in a review vid.
My tupence worth is - when refilling with a different viscosity liquid: close the juice control, have a few pufties to run it a bit dry, refill and then gently re-open the juice control waiting for the juice level to drop quickly, sometimes with a noise as it is sucked though. Usually turn it a tad more a it can run dry when not being under stress

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I ordered one last night since I had a 20% off coupon from Kidney Puncher.

I look forward to reading your impression of it. It's quickly became my favorite after learning how to fill it properly.

On that note, it's worth mentioning that it's fairly easy to bottom fill as well and get a little extra liquid in it.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Its here. First thoughts:

Was pretty clean, but I fully disassembled and cleaned anyway as usual. Threading is decent. Goofy EHPro o rings as usual, but for once, decent post screws, yay! There is a very thin o ring at the top of the metal cage that the glass sits on. I advise lubing it before putting the glass back or it comes out of place and gets smashed up.

Easy build. I like the offset airholes. Was a little unsure on wicking. I cut very short tails and set them on top of the holes. Its wicking well so I feel that was a good plan.

Its a whistler! My African Grey parrots appreciate that more than I do.

For filling, I closed the juice control and airflow. Press fit the top cap and flipped it as I did. Opened the air, turned it back over and opened the jc. No leaks.

Flavor is pretty good, but need my build to break in before I comment further.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Haven't had a whistle problem with mine, and I keep my airflow closed down to the point where each slot is about a perfect circle. Maybe a machining irregularity? Whistling drives me nuts, so that's a shame.

Curious as to whether or not you chose to use the top cap with built in drip tip, or opted for your own? I ditched the top cap with included tip in favor of one of my go-to drip tips. I assumed the wide bore built in tip might kill flavor...that and I don't like plastic drip tips. ;)

Reactions: roxynoodle

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Mine should be in tomorrow, can't wait to give it a try. VaPreis you have officially hyped me up based on the comments about the flavor. I'll probably ditch the top cap as well and use one of my own tru-stone tips.

I hope it performs as well for you as it has been for me. :D

Current build is 28ga kanthal, 2.2mm, 7 wrap, spaced coils (@ 0.6Ω total), wicked with cotton. Running this build happily at 28 Watts on the Sigelei.

Reactions: jhhollier

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Flavor is definitely coming around as my coils are starting to season.

I have my air open just like you do, VaPreis, lol!

And I'm using the top cap that let's me use my own driptip. I hate tips with large outside diameters. I have one of my flavor tips on, a Kingsley 316SS with a small bore.

My build: 2.4mm diameter coils, 8 wraps of 27g for approx. 0.6 ohm. Vaping on a Stingray X.

Reactions: jhhollier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread