• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
When it comes to Castle Long,i have deaf ears regarding certain rumours.
I thought of you and Castle Long when I was considering getting the Bowden's :)....ach! what the heck! :D

I'm still going through various US ones, which may or may not contain them, I think at the percentages involved, those of us that are 40+ shouldn't have too much to worry about, we're more likely to get run over by a bus or die of old age :laugh:
I have no doubt you're right! I can't see it being as dangerous to us as smoking.

There were definitely some vanilla/custards that gave me problems when only using cartridges, in fact it was a vanilla that first gave me any breathing difficulties. The same with PG emerged a few weeks after that.
I found the problem with a few vanilla/custard liquids in the early days of changing to higher VG, and was wary for a long while until I found that Chefs didn't trouble me, so got more adventurous. I see the odd ones still around that gave me trouble though ..and they were very good vanilla custards too!

I'm following the Diketones thread by SmokeyJoe with interest - there's a good reason to get them reduced/eliminated before some twit gets some ban put on them. Thoughts are, those such as the FDA don't have enough resources to batch check sufficient, so they'll just ban them. ...and no doubt BT will happily compile lists for them!

Haven't had any vapemail for a while now, got 4 batteries on their way from UKeCS (vaping Outlaws Xtreme 18650s 2500mAh 40A), my YiLoong VF TC Squonker from BoldVape has just shipped via MyHermes, so should get that on Thursday, and I have 3 pre-orders in 2 with FT an iStick TC and Cloupor 80W TC, and from UKeCS a VaporShark VF [LargeScreen DNA40] cheaper than an original DNA40 Vaporflask.
Some nice packages due then! :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The way this world is going Trish....ain't no point sticking around :D
In many ways, sad but true.
Some days I despair to think of the world as I knew it, and what is has become.

Got our window fixed today...three days early...very strange nowadays.
Nice to get it done, especially sooner than expected! :thumb:
...good thing Baumatic didn't make your window! We had a very good 4yr old induction hob ..Grandson managed to crack it by putting his full weight on one corner of it.
I found the same model eventually. Got it fitted and it began being erratic, then seemed to settle down. Started again, and it thinks it's overheating, so turns each ring off randomly.
Jobsworth came, dismantled the housing, removed the oven ...to get the hob serial number - which I had stored on the computer!!! Came back a week later ...wrong parts! Rang us weeks later - couldn't get the parts, and should he suggest they send us the new model? It's 1/4" bigger all round, but would have to do.
That was over 3 weeks ago, and we've phoned them twice - second time today, and spoke to two people. First one sharply told my husband that it wasn't her fault the last person hadn't called back when she'd said she would - and he was being quiet and polite with her too!
Eventually, someone said that according to the servicing dept., the hob was working. Gave an explanation on what defined 'working' in this case, and off she went, promising to call back later this afternoon - didn't happen!

We're really annoyed: new hob, under guarantee, faulty, yet we'll have to sort out getting a bigger space cut into the worktop to accommodate the newer model ..if we ever get it!

Looks like I'll have to seek higher intervention with this if possible!

Reactions: Brynglas

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
In many ways, sad but true.
Some days I despair to think of the world as I knew it, and what is has become.

Nice to get it done, especially sooner than expected! :thumb:
...good thing Baumatic didn't make your window! We had a very good 4yr old induction hob ..Grandson managed to crack it by putting his full weight on one corner of it.
I found the same model eventually. Got it fitted and it began being erratic, then seemed to settle down. Started again, and it thinks it's overheating, so turns each ring off randomly.
Jobsworth came, dismantled the housing, removed the oven ...to get the hob serial number - which I had stored on the computer!!! Came back a week later ...wrong parts! Rang us weeks later - couldn't get the parts, and should he suggest they send us the new model? It's 1/4" bigger all round, but would have to do.
That was over 3 weeks ago, and we've phoned them twice - second time today, and spoke to two people. First one sharply told my husband that it wasn't her fault the last person hadn't called back when she'd said she would - and he was being quiet and polite with her too!
Eventually, someone said that according to the servicing dept., the hob was working. Gave an explanation on what defined 'working' in this case, and off she went, promising to call back later this afternoon - didn't happen!

We're really annoyed: new hob, under guarantee, faulty, yet we'll have to sort out getting a bigger space cut into the worktop to accommodate the newer model ..if we ever get it!

Looks like I'll have to seek higher intervention with this if possible!

If you're stuck why not try one of these while you wait?

Andrew James Digital Electric Induction Hob 2000 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

I've got two which are in constant use. Never had any trouble with them at all. You can also pop them in a cupboard when not in use. Just a thought.

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@Pictor @Bobw1951

Beard vape range is on offer @ Midlands Vaping.....£4.99 for 15ml bottles.

I've just ordered 10 bottles( 6 x #64,2 x #51,1 x #5,1 x#88).
#32 is OOS,shame as it's good.

Beard Vape Co. - Midlands Vaping

I'm okay on Beard juice at the moment, #88 was the mint choc one - I wasn't keen on it - too strong on the chocolate. I still have to try #05 & #32

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
@Pictor @Bobw1951
Beard vape range is on offer @ Midlands Vaping.....£4.99 for 15ml bottles.
I've just ordered 10 bottles( 6 x #64,2 x #51,1 x #5,1 x#88).
#32 is OOS,shame as it's good.
Nice! I'm OK for Beard ones at the moment ...got way too many to get through, even though the discounts are tempting.

If you're stuck why not try one of these while you wait?
Andrew James Digital Electric Induction Hob 2000 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
I've got two which are in constant use. Never had any trouble with them at all. You can also pop them in a cupboard when not in use. Just a thought.
That's a terrific price! We should have bought 4 of those...far cheaper! :laugh:
They look very handy for all sorts of reasons.
We're really disappointed with Baumatic - very poor response.

Totally agree - don't give them a big stick to beat us with :laugh:
Dreadful that we need to try and think around corners to beat them at their own game though ..and they always win anyway.

I'm okay on Beard juice at the moment, #88 was the mint choc one - I wasn't keen on it - too strong on the chocolate. I still have to try #05 & #32
I have a couple with too much mint, so I may try mixing them together in varying quantities! :)

________________________________________________________________________________________

I see Nicoticket plan to release a new one tomorrow: Butter Beer ...it's a butterscotch, with sassafras, and a touch of banana.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Nice! I'm OK for Beard ones at the moment ...got way too many to get through, even though the discounts are tempting.

Funny i was thinking,watching your vapemail posts Trish.You must have gallons of the stuff.Not that it's a bad thing:)

Hibiscus cotton candy is one of my favorites,i couldn't resist.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
That's a terrific price! We should have bought 4 of those...far cheaper! :laugh:
They look very handy for all sorts of reasons.
We're really disappointed with Baumatic - very poor response.
/QUOTE]

The handy thing is that they just plug in to 3-pin sockets. I won't use gas if I can avoid it (solar pv array and solar thermal for hot water) so these little fellers and a halogen oven keep me cooking for free at this time of the year (hot water too). I honestly think that these induction hobs are the best value on the planet. I have two large "worktop-space-saver" pyrex glassy things that cover the gas hob and some. The induction hobs sit on top of that. They just work - and I like that kind of thing. :)

Oh - and the halogen oven sits there too. All nice and cosy. :)

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Funny i was thinking,watching your vapemail posts Trish.You must have gallons of the stuff.Not that it's a bad thing:)
I do have quite a 'collection' ...some gets ditched pretty fast, but when I'm on a mission to find something specific, I find it irresistible when I see one that sounds as though it'll be good. I should know better really - most of what I use are a fairly small number of Chefs.

I do have quite a collection of things like Avant Garde, Vape Kitchen and Highbrow because I can get 100% VG or near enough in a lot of flavours that mix in well with things like Nicoticket and a few others with higher PG content that I like enough to make the effort with :)
A lot of them are very good just by themselves too!

Hibiscus cotton candy is one of my favorites,i couldn't resist.
I like that one too - got two unopened bottles to hand ;)

The handy thing is that they just plug in to 3-pin sockets. I won't use gas if I can avoid it (solar pv array and solar thermal for hot water) so these little fellers and a halogen oven keep me cooking for free at this time of the year (hot water too). I honestly think that these induction hobs are the best value on the planet. I have two large "worktop-space-saver" pyrex glassy things that cover the gas hob and some. The induction hobs sit on top of that. They just work - and I like that kind of thing. :)
Our new oven has a 3 pin plug on it too. No doubt the cabling etc. is heavier duty though.
Those little hobs are a great idea.
We had a gas hob and I really hated it - gas burns any fumes in the air, and when there's been decorating, or I've been varnishing work, the combusted fumes in the air can smell quite unpleasant. I find gas hobs need more cleaning too.
We really like the induction ..the immediacy is brilliant.

The cracked hob is still in the garage sat in the box that the new one came in ...the electronic part of it works perfectly, and the glass top on the faulty new one is perfect - cannibalising the old one could make a whole new one :rolleyes: ...we need to see what Baumatic come up with though - too much cost involved not to pursue it.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Looks like I'm in a minority here, have gas CH,HW & Cooker, I've always preferred gas for it's versatility, no waiting for it to heat up and instant off when you want it, unlike normal electric cookers, presume the induction hobs are a bit different. I also have a Halogen oven, which sits on my worktop, if ever the Cooker breaks down, I probably will not bother to get it replaced, but move a couple of items around in the kitchen and then maybe get 1 or 2 of those hobs, just for when I want to do a stir fry or omelette :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I quite agree - make them live up to their guarantee in full.
I intend to! Dug out the CEO's email address today too - never know, it may produce a result.

But in the meantime if there's nothing to cook on - a nice Indian delivery/takeaway, perhaps? :)
Yes, a takeaway is a good alternative - no real way of checking fat/sugar/salt content with those though, so they're usually a treat. (husband can't tolerate statins, and I refuse to even look at them - so careful choices with foods are in order for us).
One ring of the hob is working perfectly (for now), and sometimes one of the others ..quite random as to which, will work too for a short while. Hit & Miss when we have beef meatballs & onions with new potatoes and green beans as we just managed yesterday. No problem when we have a tuna Caesar salad as we did tonight :laugh:

Looks like I'm in a minority here, have gas CH,HW & Cooker, I've always preferred gas for it's versatility, no waiting for it to heat up and instant off when you want it, unlike normal electric cookers, presume the induction hobs are a bit different. I also have a Halogen oven, which sits on my worktop, if ever the Cooker breaks down, I probably will not bother to get it replaced, but move a couple of items around in the kitchen and then maybe get 1 or 2 of those hobs, just for when I want to do a stir fry or omelette :)
We have a combi. boiler that runs the heating and gives constant hot water, and also a gas fire too (hardly ever used).
We did have a Stoves oven that had a mind of it's own, but it had multi function including a halogen setting. Got a standard no fuss oven now.
The induction hobs are extremely responsive: fast to heat up, and one ring has a boost function that will have a pan of potatoes boiling in next to no time. Turn it down or off and the response is instant ...for instance, when something is about to boil over. The rings cool far faster too.
But, we do have a combination microwave too, and the oven part can be used independently or in combination with microwave, grill etc. So, if the oven is too big for requirements or breaks down, the combination microwave fits the bill very nicely.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

We have Gas CH Bob,i prefare gas for CH.(combi boiler).The induction Hobs are instant,very good control for an electric hob,ours is an AEG don't know how good that is,but we are happy.I like the fact it's a simple wipe over.Not like the old gas one we had which was usually a total strip down to get it really clean.I swore by gas for cooking,but i would'nt change back now.
(much the same as Trish has already said,really:))

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
We have Gas CH Bob,i prefare gas for CH.(combi boiler).The induction Hobs are instant,very good control for an electric hob,ours is an AEG don't know how good that is,but we are happy.I like the fact it's a simple wipe over.Not like the old gas one we had which was usually a total strip down to get it really clean.I swore by gas for cooking,but i would'nt change back now.
(much the same as Trish has already said,really:))
I find we don't even need a special hob cleaner either ..I use a damp cloth and Method Clementine kitchen cleaner, then polish it dry with a piece of kitchen roll! Nice, clean cooking! :)

Reactions: e-pipeman

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Hi all, better chance to chat tomorrow, but had a great holiday ( Mad Hot ) but not complaining :) In the couple of weeks leading up to us shooting off, first my printer packed up, and i needed that to print our boarding passes etc, so had to go get a new one.

Next the kettle decided not to boil us water any longer :laugh: so had to get a replacement ! Then i was just waiting for number three to happen, and sure enough, the day before we set off the washing machine died on us.:laugh:

Got to laugh, though i feel like crying :lol: So a new one ordered, should be delivered later today. I will get it all plumbed in ( Hopefully ) Then leave the wife to catch up with all the dirty clothes, and i can spend a bit of time on here again.

Nothing much to report on the vaping front except FT have received the dodgy Zero back and will replace it with the new one i requested. Problem is, it is showing as restocking with a 7 day wait, so wait i will. Knackered now, so see you all as soon as i am straight with stuff. :laugh:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

Yes, there are things that gas does well. Our central heating runs off a condenser gas boiler as does the hot water when the solar thermal isn't working much (winter).

Halogen ovens are wonderful. I also use a combi microwave like Pictor - but the gas oven is mainly used to store frying and saute pans these days.

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread