awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', squared, Voltatics.

Sandy, Happy Birthday!

I'm going to see if I can get an appointment to the chiropractor today. My back is better but still giving me a lot of trouble. Putting on socks and tying shoes is a chore, LOL.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

The sunrise was lovely. We have lots of clouds today.

It didn't rain on us yesterday but it did rain near us.

The day before we got hit with a nice thunderstorm and got 1/4 inch of rain.

The garden is really taking off. We have cute itsy-bitsy zukes. We have been picking pea pods and snap peas. The winter squash, melons and summer squash are all starting to get big. Some of the beans are blooming. The corn was knee high on the Fourth of July.

So far, despite our watering set back, the garden is looking good.

Awsum, I hope your back is feeling better.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Sandy,

reflections.jpg

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I hear the sound of trash cans being wheeled out all around the neighborhood. It is trash day!

Raven, checked your trail cam lately?

Zero - When do we get photos of the stuffies?

Celtic - How goes the yard clean up?

I have to work today. It's a four letter word..

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe not. I don't have room for the collection. They are at a friend's house.

I was looking forward to seeing your work:(

The horsies have invented a new game. They are frolicking around the pen, circling and running. So cute.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Well we still have a few stumps to pull using a good old fashioned come-along. Fiance is finally able to cut the grass again after about 4 weeks of rain, financial, and lawn mower troubles. (I don't know why but when that boy is out there cutting grass, he is happier that a pig in the sunshine!! :p:D ) I also am getting ready to have my firepit going... I don't care if it's a hundred degrees, I love my firepit. I like to get it going in the early afternoon so that by the time it gets dark I have a good strong coal base going.

Fiance got a new ax at wally world and again with the pig reference. :p He has been splitting my pine logs for me so I can actually burn something besides hedge. I like to get my hatchet and shave/hack pieces off to get my fire started. I think I am going a lil nuts with some of the survivalists stuff, cuz now I am wanting a whole cast iron cooking set for my pit and I want to get a good hunting/survival knife. (Somebody stop me!!!! lolz) I seriously need to stay off of amazon and youtube!!!

Speaking of amazon and youtube, I have been rebuilding my computer. As y'all know I bought a new power supply for my puter back in Dec. well my harddrive and motherboard also semi got fried when the old ps blew. So I decided while I was replacing the broke stuff I could just do a lil upgrading. My HD is on its way and I just got my MB so all I need now is my new APU (which is a cpu with graphics built in) and RAM. And I had a 500 dollar budget to work with so I have 40 dollars left in it. I decided to get these http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Subwoofer-Frustration-CA-3602FFP/dp/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1435858895&sr=8-4&keywords=computer+speakers

I am so excited for my new computer I can hardly wait. I am giving the leftover good parts to fiance's nephew. His computer is ancient and he can't play games on it at all. :)

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Speaking of amazon and youtube, I have been rebuilding my computer. As y'all know I bought a new power supply for my puter back in Dec. well my harddrive and motherboard also semi got fried when the old ps blew. So I decided while I was replacing the broke stuff I could just do a lil upgrading. My HD is on its way and I just got my MB so all I need now is my new APU (which is a cpu with graphics built in) and RAM. And I had a 500 dollar budget to work with so I have 40 dollars left in it. I decided to get these http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Subwoofer-Frustration-CA-3602FFP/dp/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1435858895&sr=8-4&keywords=computer+speakers
    And that's better than spending the budget on a newer refurbished one? I tinker too, but I'm a lot lazier than you. :p

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    And that's better than spending the budget on a newer refurbished one? I tinker too, but I'm a lot lazier than you. :p
    Well it is better because I am spacing out when I get the parts and computer was a refurbished and blew up after only a year. With the parts I am getting it will be way more reliable. And my motherboard has full spike protection so even if my surge protector fails the mb will take the electricity surge and save my other parts. And the way I have it set up, if something does break I can just by a new part and slap it in there. All the parts are interchangeable. It beats buying one (a computer) at the store and having something break only to realize you have to buy 2 or 3 parts to fix one small problem. It gets old real fast. :D

PS this way I also get all the parts I want. It is custom without the really expensive price tag!!! :cool:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    I'm proud of you, celt. You are using your noggin to get a nice computer.

It's starting to thunder pretty good here.

I was in Dayton and I was worried I wouldn't make it home before the flash flooding started.

The rain was coming down so fast, the parking lot was flooding. I ran out of the bank, leapt into my vehicle and sped out of town.

Flooding but not major flooding on the highway, yet, as I made it to the far end of Dayton.

It looks like they got major flooding on the road into Hubby 's job. I hope he can make it home.

How's your back, awsum?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I hope you don't get washed away there, Lizzie.

I got to the chiropractor today, he was closed yesterday, after a really bad morning this morning. Now I can walk, bend a little and sit without being "uncomfortable". Next I'll do the TENs again with heat and ice it in the morning. Back to the chiro on Friday morning. I haven't messed it up like this in years.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Do us a favor and tell us when hubby gets home. I see it is bad out there. When it rains it pours, eh?

Looks like hubby will make it home safely. He said there was minor flooding in Dayton with standing water on the road.

He is only a few miles away from home now.

We are watching the Tour de France while we eat dinner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread