Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Even lipos have a little break in period and achieve max performance after 3 or so charges (in the Rc world at least)

Funny you mention the battery today as I just finished testing mine with that USB gadget that was used here a few weeks ago to demonstrate the batt had more than 4500mah.

I still say it's bullock. I tested a worn out (70% capacity) one year old 1900mah battery and it charged up to 2105Mah according to the USB device. Great! Only problem: discharging it at 190mah (C/10) gave me astonishing 1387mah. It was toasted before the test and it remains toasted after it.

Charged the VT completely from 0 to 100 and got 4759mah

If one should extrapolate from the 'other' lipo experience, it's 4500mah.

Not saying this is good or bad but it ain't 5000mah in my book.

I get 1.5 days out of a Samsung 25R and a little over 2 days out of the VT... Exactly as expected from a 4500mah pack.

And now I don't want to discuss battery capacity any further. It's still a great mod :)

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Yeah, judging how much capacity a lipo has should always be done with discharge. Can't tell anything from charging because of how the balancing works. It uses more MAh to balance and gives an erroneous reading if that is what people think is sitting in the pack when it's done. Discharge is real world capacity.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Got around to "fixing" the ni coil head that came with the eGO ONE Mega. I disassembled the stock coil, ditched the guts, drilled 3mm holes in the sides making sure that I left the bottom most portion of the factory hole where is was, wrapped a 28ga 3mm ni200 coil @0.12 ohms. Slid a wick through and across making sure that it stuffs the coil and juice holes. Chopped the wick at close to flush a possible. Juiced and vaped. Yum yum. Still a little too airy for me, but definitely a flavor boost due to the increased vapor. IMO it is now usable.

The coil head comes apart rather easily. The bottom is just a pin and grommet like the kanger OCC and the top pops right out with a little plier force. When popping the top cap off just be careful not to squeeze the barrel too much or it will severely deform.

Basically I have just transformed the stock vertical to a kanger OCC type coil configuration.

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
Got around to "fixing" the ni coil head that came with the eGO ONE Mega. I disassembled the stock coil, ditched the guts, drilled 3mm holes in the sides making sure that I left the bottom most portion of the factory hole where is was, wrapped a 28ga 3mm ni200 coil @0.12 ohms. Slid a wick through and across making sure that it stuffs the coil and juice holes. Chopped the wick at close to flush a possible. Juiced and vaped. Yum yum. Still a little too airy for me, but definitely a flavor boost due to the increased vapor. IMO it is now usable.

The coil head comes apart rather easily. The bottom is just a pin and grommet like the kanger OCC and the top pops right out with a little plier force. When popping the top cap off just be careful not to squeeze the barrel too much or it will severely deform.

Basically I have just transformed the stock vertical to a kanger OCC type coil configuration.

I did this the first day i got it, don't know why but it's resting in a drawer and my ST mini is being in use.......

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
IMO the ST mini is leaps and bounds above the Mega, but I just hate having and atty that isn't used and I figured I could fix it up since it is so pretty.

Heck I was even able to whip out my "legacy" Patriot atty and it vapes superbly on top of the VT now that I get a consistent vape without the fear of a dry hit. Once the vape drops I drip, I never really felt the vape drop in pure VW mode and would dry hit all the time. Unfortunately once you feel the scratch of a dry hit in the back off your throat it is waaaaaaaay too late.

Kwtony

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2014
Key West
Rocking this VT setup for a while now

I actually won the kit before it came out. I modded the Ti coil before I used it, drilled out the holes on the side and re wicked the cotton. Crazy Train...
081D7D92-F481-42FF-991C-71DB48CE2C1D-10403-000003C5CE544DFE_zpsimsw4hie.jpg

Clouds so big it looked like the boat was on fire!

F3CAFACA-BACB-4265-978C-53B626E0FC8B-10403-000003C76DD0DE0B_zpslsxrblja.jpg

Nows its all tricked out Using a 9 wrap Ti coil on a Black Subatank RBA with a clear tank and a Trinity Copa drip tip...

C06DAFE4-887F-4E97-8A29-D8A15683C212-9998-00000392C293928F_zps4aezu0kn.jpg

DSC08421_zpsnz9pmsdw.jpg

Flavor is out of this world and the cloud production is kind of crazy. Dont need to hold button longer then 2-3 seconds to get a big hit, hold it down for much longer CHOOO CHOOOOOO

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

That was my plan when I ordered one (orange)to rebuild the coils .....because I wanted the matching tank for looks but hear it's not a great performer and don't care for buyin coil heads. Maybe they will do an RBA coil head for it and make it easier.

dr3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
That was my plan when I ordered one (orange)to rebuild the coils .....because I wanted the matching tank for looks but hear it's not a great performer and don't care for buyin coil heads. Maybe they will do an RBA coil head for it and make it easier.

The make a CLR ... rebuildable by design coil head for the Ego One Mega. But, either my building is marginal, or CLR performance is still marginal. http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=249. Mine are the previously available CLR heads which did not have gold plated contacts or red o-rings.

Reactions: Bikenstein

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
The make a CLR ... rebuildable by design coil head for the Ego One Mega. But, either my building is marginal, or CLR performance is still marginal. http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=249. Mine are the previously available CLR heads which did not have gold plated contacts or red o-rings.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I've built ni200 coils in GS Air heads and they work perfect without the gold plate, just not a big vape producer. I still like lockin my coils in with screws though

Last edited:

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
I lost my white one. gave it to the wife so she can try and quit again. She just struggles with vaping. makes her cough insanely. I have her using the sub tank on the smallest hole. In temp mode, so running 520 F and 30 watts. I can't believe the coil isn't just getting burnt up! This is defiantly a test of the temp mode on the device. At these setting it fills your mouth up with vaper fast. With 12 mg juice, I couldn't imaging anyone craving a cigarette after a couple of vapes.

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
If she coughs try cutting down nick to 3 or 6. And temp to 380 and 15 or 20 watts. She might do better with good old nautlilus at 1.8 ohms at 9. or 10 watts with higher nick. If some one handed me a sub tank set to sub ohms with 12 nick when I first started, I would have coughed then puked. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
I have run the gambit with nic levels for her and the Nautilus wasn't cutting it. I have also tried max vg to cut down on the throat hit. She cuts off everything from going down into her lungs, so what this does is send a cloud in her mouth with zero sucking. She then can hold it in her mouth and blow out. Her biggest problem is when she inhales it into her lungs. I think this just might work.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah seems like wayy too temprature - unless your using it in ti mode. Which that wouldn't be too bad.

Also a new vapor should not do direct lung hits until they are used to vapor IMO. Do mouth hits like cigar for a few days (no cough), then mouth to lung, eventually progressing if they wish. I didn't full lung hit for a few months.

Kwtony

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2014
Key West
the subtank sounds like a rocket ship when firing really needs the vertical coils to stop this and the molten juice she might be experiencing, biggest reasons my roommate went from two of those to two Nautilus Aspire..

Also, me things that 520F is WAY WAY too high, I have never brought my evic past 420 and lately im liking 330...Just because you have the ability to go all the way up, doesnt mean you need to.. perhaps your old lady is just being overwhelmed with all the smoke.

Take the setup down a notch or two and consider getting her an Istick and an aspire. Its a classy look piece that is lightweight and works well(for most peoples standards) you might not get the hit you desire but she will, which is what matters the most.

67CBD6DE-F4D8-468A-9CA8-F5344F227220-13845-0000056651BA8571_zpsc1iemgzn.jpg

BC20136C-0FE1-43FD-8A9A-8058892CE95C-4361-0000019BD93C8024_zpstdu9euwx.jpg

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
I have just about tried all of the best equipment with her. here is a list:
Nautilus
Nautilus mini
Kanger aerotank mini
Kanger aerotank v1
Aspire K1

iStick 20watt
iStick Mini
iStick 30watt Pink (what I am using now that she has my Evic)

and now the Subtank mini with the Evic VT. This is one of those, it's so crazy it has to work ideas! Anyways, she does have the iStick 20 watt and the Nautilus with her as a back up. So we will see which one she likes better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread