Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evening Army!
Another Tuesday down. If it wasn't for coming on here, I don't think I'd know what day it was - they all seem to be the same any more. That's what working at home does to you, I guess. Mama Chak doesn't believe in a day of rest unless she's sick or plum out of energy and even then she still seems to run circles round me. :facepalm:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hey Army! Have a nice Bruiseday.
I seriously don't need anymore bruises! :lol:

And no, Chak, I don't need any brews either! :lol:

Mornin' Army!

Since it is the MIL's house, if she wants to live with those carpets, it's her decision to make. I was just wondering what the 'normal' time frame was on carpet replacement.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I seriously don't need anymore bruises! :lol:

And no, Chak, I don't need any brews either! :lol:

Mornin' Army!

Since it is the MIL's house, if she wants to live with those carpets, it's her decision to make. I was just wondering what the 'normal' time frame was on carpet replacement.
She's due. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
She's due. :)
Oh I KNOW she's due. But with all the other expenses going on, it will have to wait for a while. I wish we had the funds to go ahead and do it for her. We have spent a small fortune on her place that we are not going to be asking her for any money to reimburse us. We didn't realize how bad the carpet was in these areas until furniture was moved for the painters. :facepalm: Now I know why some pieces are placed where they are placed :shock: Didn't make sense until we saw the carpet underneath.

If we had known before some of these other major things were done, carpeting would have been higher on the list.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh I KNOW she's due. But with all the other expenses going on, it will have to wait for a while. I wish we had the funds to go ahead and do it for her. We have spent a small fortune on her place that we are not going to be asking her for any money to reimburse us. We didn't realize how bad the carpet was in these areas until furniture was moved for the painters. :facepalm: Now I know why some pieces are placed where they are placed :shock: Didn't make sense until we saw the carpet underneath.

If we had known before some of these other major things were done, carpeting would have been higher on the list.
Yeah, carpet isn't cheap either. Maybe just clean it often for awhile. It doesn't have to be beautiful but keeping things clean pays lots of dividends. I'll bet your MIL is thankful you guys live nearby. Good move by Mr. Robin. And she gets to keep her dignity by living on her own still. That is very important to her I'm sure.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yeah, carpet isn't cheap either. Maybe just clean it often for awhile. It doesn't have to be beautiful but keeping things clean pays lots of dividends. I'll bet your MIL is thankful you guys live nearby. Good move by Mr. Robin. And she gets to keep her dignity by living on her own still. That is very important to her I'm sure.
It has been cleaned since we have been here. We weren't there when they cleaned it or we would have seen just how bad some things looked. Many stains did not come out in the cleaning. Her husband I think did a lot of spills before he was bed ridden and on hospice. As soon as he passed, she felt like she could make those decisions to actually fix up the place. He was a tight wad and as long as things were 'functional', that is all he needed.

She is very much the old school where what the husband decides is what she goes along with. She was clever in some things... what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him ;) Big things are harder to hide like a new stove, refrigerator, city water instead of well water, fixing the hole in the shower wall that was about 2' by 3' and covered in plastic.... LOL The place was falling down around them almost.

That's why we did make the move, so she can be where she is most comfortable for as long as possible. She still drives and is very mobile and god, her memory is still better than mine or Ricks. She is doing fantastic for 84 years young!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It has been cleaned since we have been here. We weren't there when they cleaned it or we would have seen just how bad some things looked. Many stains did not come out in the cleaning. Her husband I think did a lot of spills before he was bed ridden and on hospice. As soon as he passed, she felt like she could make those decisions to actually fix up the place. He was a tight wad and as long as things were 'functional', that is all he needed.

She is very much the old school where what the husband decides is what she goes along with. She was clever in some things... what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him ;) Big things are harder to hide like a new stove, refrigerator, city water instead of well water, fixing the hole in the shower wall that was about 2' by 3' and covered in plastic.... LOL The place was falling down around them almost.

That's why we did make the move, so she can be where she is most comfortable for as long as possible. She still drives and is very mobile and god, her memory is still better than mine or Ricks. She is doing fantastic for 84 years young!
Well, by being a tight wad he left her more money. Don't be surprised if that was what was on his mind. Men figure they'll go before their wives. And a large majority of time they do.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Watched Ex_Machina again last night. Anybody seen this one?
I don't think I have. But then again I'm not good with names of movies. I have watched untold numbers of them. I tried to call it up on Netflix, but it didn't find it. Sounds like a good movie. I will have to check it out.

I just called the trailer up on You Tube. Oh that looks like a cool movie!!

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... Got storms rolling through.
raining-smiley-emoticon.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Think I'll quite trying to post with my phone.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread