Nicotine from India

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
About to embark on DIY e-liquid and have a local source (B&M vape shop) for basic ingredients...pg, vg, and nicotine. I'd rather not name the brand, but the nicotine is produced by a company in India. According to the manufacturers website, their nicotine "exceeds USP and EP specifications". I am reasonably satisfied that it is a quality product, but I was curious if anyone has had any experience with nic from that country.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
No specific experiences - but India has caught up fast with China in the market of pharmaceutical raw materials as well as the finished product.
Most of East Africa is either Indian or UK pharmaceuticals. Chinese food and pharma industry was rocked by a number of scandals concerning adulterated products, putting a serious dent in their reputation in that field: For every ten e-cigarettes that are going out of China, 1 bag of baby milk formula is going in...

I'd give it a try.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
I'd try a small amount just to see. If it's a good deal and good nic base, then order more later.
Excellent idea...but they only sell it in 120ml size. As I said, I am reasonably satisfied that it is a quality product. I thought I'd put it out there in case someone had a horror story about it. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: DoctorJ

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Nicotine isn't really that expensive. I get my nic from MFS at $50 per liter. I figure a liter will last me about 5 or 10 years. Every time I order a liter I add 2 500 ml glass bottles to store it in.

Is the foreign stuff really that much cheaper? The old adage "if you have to ask" might apply. The fact that you're asking about it might answer the question.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
If it's from india and there marketing phrase is that it exceds us pharmacopeia, then i'll bet it's alchem(nicselect), which btw is the same nic mfs sells and a whole bunch of other vendors - just check the nicselect site of supplied vendors...

To me it tastes good, but isn't a completelly neutral nic, as it's got a slight tobacco taste, but it's not chemical or rubbery or anything, but just not as clean tasting as chemnovatic, meaning probably not the best choise for high nic fruity/desert mixes, but great for tobacco mixes, unflavored with a bite, or simply low to medium nic mixes.

Most nic is from either india or china i've read, and I would guess mostly all the retail nic we can get is from one of these places. There have recently been comming US extracted nic on the market, but the one brand i've read about that's available for retail was really bad tasting it was reported. The plants in eu, like e.g. nicobrand in uk, is most probably from china, since they wouldn't tell the country to one of it's own wholesail customers, and e.g. the one in switzerland is just a stock of alchem etc.

Chemnovatic(e.g. Vapers tek) is supposed to be from india and uk and then further distilled in poland, but i'm here guessing that the india and uk means alchem and nicobrand, but dunno...

Last edited:

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Also, even though it has a slight tobacco taste(or the batch that I got), then it's still crazy pure nic, with about 8 times better results than allowed in usp/ep specs of many of the tested things, and the purity was always 99.97+, and sometimes over 100% - Of course over 100% isn't possible, but that is just to take account for the unprecision of the measuring tool. I read a bunch of their latest coa's and it was fully consistent. I also saw a scan of the fda document for when they inspected there indian facility in new dehli, and everything was hidden except that the fda found it to be "acceptable".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread