Play the market contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I keep forgetting to enter this contest, even though it's my favorite one! LOL I have just been sick too much, and getting sucked into other threads when I visit ECF...

But I just read through several pages (about 2 weeks worth?) to get caught up and am frustrated with some of the complaining about the changing prices after close. I don't understand it completely, but it happens.

It's P0P's contest - and he is being very generous (and patient IMO) to offer up a prize every week. Can we just focus on that?

Thank you P0P for keeping this going and being so cool about everything!

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Katt, I don't think anyone has complained for quite some time... Certainly hope nothing I said was taken as a complaint. I don't understand pops last post about closing price (never do lol) so I look to the ones that understand (stash and sir) to
I wasn't talking about you, sorry. My post being so soon after yours I understand why you might think that.

As I said, I read several pages to get caught up. Maybe it has toned down (I hope so!) but still fresh to me because I just now read it.

Anyway, I love this contest and I hope P0P keeps it going! It's fun. :)

Reactions: P0P

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Closing prices for commodity markets are country dependent and ignore pre and post market trading which will move the price. Toss in the fact that commodities are traded worldwide and the market never really closes.

p.s. Bet the British financial markets weren't closed in observance of The 4th of July, much as US markets don't close for Guy Fawkes Day, or May Day (sorry Russia)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Umm!hold on
oldmanteeth.gif
did i cause another confusing moment!
tiptoe.gif
:) LOL but, but i looked Friday and the New York stock market was closed (shrug) so i figured we could just move the close to Monday's numbers
smiley-face-crying.gif
(sniff sniff) the only way i can feel better now is to go shopping :) i go buy bunch of SILVER!! :pervy: :laugh:

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
Nope no confusion here Pop. We all know this contest does not end till you give the word and it is the $$$ amount when you look at it that is the one that counts... We all can guesstimate all we want but as a few of our post show, it's all waiting to see what you say...

That said it looks like it was Mac who got it, if I am right on that congrats Mac...woot woot

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
Umm!hold on
oldmanteeth.gif
did i cause another confusing moment!
tiptoe.gif
:) LOL but, but i looked Friday and the New York stock market was closed (shrug) so i figured we could just move the close to Monday's numbers
smiley-face-crying.gif
(sniff sniff) the only way i can feel better now is to go shopping :) i go buy bunch of SILVER!! :pervy: :laugh:

So are we guessing silver this week...
Thanks again for the awesome time/contest Pop...

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Throwing a dart in the dark.

$1165.03

Good morning it looks like Mon close tallied up at
Gold 1,166.10 -6.80, according to fox biz (link to source) Markets | Fox Business

at the time of this post before opening today. Congratulations to the winner!! :):w00t::thumb:

WOW!

Hard to believe the market went in my favor.
Every time I looked the numbers were always different so I didn't know what it was.

Thanks for the fun contests @P0P !!!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Congrats to mac!!

All the winners now have to tell us their secret for picking the right price....then we can all retire and run for president ....:lol:

My secret is....................... (any ole blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while) ...... a secret ;)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Its getting ugly!!

For a record 12th day in a row, Chinese margin debt balances have dropped with today's 8.5% collapse the largest in history. As of last night, there were around 570/1694 Shenzhen stocks halted/suspended and hundreds more on the Shanghai bourse leaving more than 54% of all Chinese stocks frozen.

Reactions: Stosh

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
You folks are the BEST! Good morning :)

Lets give
images
(SILVER) a go this week bidding ends Thursday at midnight this week (EST) as some of you may know Asia is having some big problems and i of course have no idea what that may end up meaning for us. IMO it will cause some kind of domino effect though.China no longer has a market: China Stock Sellers Frozen Out of 71% of Market. It may also be possible Chinese investors maybe dumping gold and silver causing a price drop in order to help save their stock Market, regardless someone is selling and folks are buying the dip. This will continue to get very interesting from here on, so stay tuned and good luck! you really cant loose when you play the market this way hahahaha:)

(Source)this week Fox Biz

watch the numbers change here ;) SIU5 Future Quote - Silver - Electronic (COMEX) Sep 2015 Future Price Today (SIU5:CNS) - MarketWatch

Mom and pop vapor shop is the proud sponsor of this thread give them a try!!;)
possible juice names hahaha!

vanilla DIP
strawberry SERGE
Inflation HONEY
Fixed nuts
Bankers cream delight
berry chaos :)

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread