Youde Zephyrus RTA - Leaks After Filling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Youde Zephyrus. It was a bit of a pain to get the wicking right, but after I figured it out, this thing is awesome. Only issue is, immediately after filling the tank (via the top fill option), it leaks like crazy through the AFC for a minute. I am filling it with the AFC closed, and the rba section is definitely screwed down all the way, and fully screwed into the chimney section. It doesn't leak a drop unless I'm filling it up, so the wicking isn't the issue. Can't figure out what it could possibly be. Anyone solved this issue?

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
invert the tank when you're screwing the top cap down and see if that eliminates the problem. I use a Cthulhu, which has a similar build deck, and the symptoms you describe can also happen if there is not enough wick in the inlets. Once you've taken a few draws the tank pressurizes and it ceases. My guess is one of the two will do it.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Got the Youde Zephyrus. It was a bit of a pain to get the wicking right, but after I figured it out, this thing is awesome. Only issue is, immediately after filling the tank (via the top fill option), it leaks like crazy through the AFC for a minute. I am filling it with the AFC closed, and the RBA section is definitely screwed down all the way, and fully screwed into the chimney section. It doesn't leak a drop unless I'm filling it up, so the wicking isn't the issue. Can't figure out what it could possibly be. Anyone solved this issue?

Whoever designed the tank doesn't understand how tanks work. My only suggestion is to Vape like mad right after you fill it until the negative pressure in the tank builds up.

Top fill tanks without a liquid flow control are a inherently flawed design.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I've got a Zephyrus. Think it may have leaked the other day when i refilled it, but it had been sitting around unused for a day or two, so i just rewicked it and made sure the juice channels had "some" wick in them rather than none at all. Maybe it's just a simple case that you poured juice down the centre hole when you filled it, or you over filled it and juice got on the build deck, even if it was just a dribble !. There again, you'd know if you'd spilt some juce down the centre hole !. Or it's a possibility that you used too much juice when you primed the wick !. There again if you were just refilling then that wouldn't be the case.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
The wicking is crucial, I thru trial and error have got mine to where it's great without turning upside down. The trick I use is just a wick tail in the wick channel, not much but enough to stop free juice flow into the deck. I posted a video on another thread from tvc and use his basic technique. It's on the first page of this thread, hope this helps.
Youde Zephyrus | E-Cigarette Forum

The wicking is crucial, I thru trial and error have got mine to where it's great without turning upside down. The trick I use is just a wick tail in the wick channel, not much but enough to stop free juice flow into the deck. I posted a video on another thread from tvc and use his basic technique. It's on the first page of this thread, hope this helps.
Youde Zephyrus | E-Cigarette Forum

Tried the wicking method in this video. Still leaking after I fill it, but it is certainly less. I will say, I've probably rewicked this thing about 20 times, using various methods, and this one is the best, which is sad. If this tank wasn't so good, I'm pretty sure it would have been retired already. Hopefully a Zephyrus V2 will appear that makes it a lot less fiddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread