Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
on a related note [sort of] i know a ten amp fuse will take more than ten amps for our purposes, but will it take 15? or better to upgrade fuse?

Depends on the actual fuse,how long the current flows and the rest time between uses.

Many fuses can take 150% for several seconds.

Reactions: Doffy

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
How low have you tested builds on your device Paul?

I will test that next week. So far, I've been just checking for the basics, leakage, user friendliness, etc.. Everything is fine so far, not surprising since I took a lot of time on it.

From the pic of the inside, you can see the PEEK screws holding down the positive terminal spring. A PEEK screw is also used for the firing button. So I did build this with sub ohmers in mind.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I will test that next week. So far, I've been just checking for the basics, leakage, user friendliness, etc.. Everything is fine so far, not surprising since I took a lot of time on it.

From the pic of the inside, you can see the PEEK screws holding down the positive terminal spring. A PEEK screw is also used for the firing button. So I did build this with sub ohmers in mind.
Nice. I'd probably run your device in the 50w range so I'm hoping that won't be an issue

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
How easy is it going to be to take it apart for a deep cleaning......Using deoxit and such! Or will you address maintance that in the video you have talked about! Sweet looking so far brother! I'm all in on a red!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The mod is very simple to take apart for deep cleaning. I had that in mind from the start. As you can see from the pic, it uses plenty of screws, all located in easy to access locations. With a screw driver or two, one can take apart the mod completely.

In my opinion, one of the worst thing that can happen to a mechanical mod is having loose connections. Having all connections in easy to access locations allow users to periodically tighten/adjust/or apply Noalox as necessary.

Last edited:

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Very nice. What material did you use for the positive contact?

I used copper. But the material that I used to make the prototype are not necessarily the same material I will use for production. For the prototype, I was more interested in testing the basic concepts and ergonomics of the mod, and the goal is to make the parts as quickly and cheaply as possible.

why don't you guys tell me what materials you prefer to see for the positive contact and the 510 center pin?

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Copper contact (as big as possible) stainless steel 510

The 510 connector is already made out of stainless steel.

I'm talking about the 510 center pin and the positive spring. There are tons of copper alloys out there, any particular preferences?

Notice how the positive spring is screwed down on the 510 center pin. Plenty of contact area there.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I used copper. But the material that I used to make the prototype are not necessarily the same material I will use for production. For the prototype, I was more interested in testing the basic concepts and ergonomics of the mod, and the goal is to make the parts as quickly and cheaply as possible.

why don't you guys tell me what materials you prefer to see for the positive contact and the 510 center pin?
The only thing I'd be concerned with is arcing and pitting as far as the copper leaf positive contact...... COULD ANYONE MORE FAMILIAR ADD TO THIS ..... WHY..... did Rob @ reo go with gold plated copper leaf and spring? Less likely to arc and pit batteries?

I Second that anything that touches juice be stainless steel .!! Cooper is not good as a pathway through the 510!!

Paul how is the 510 adjustable? Spring,
screw?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I must have missed a photo?
You should do a photoshoot when they're ready!
A picture's worth...well...it's better than answering the same question 50 times!

The 510 connector is already made out of stainless steel.

I'm talking about the 510 center pin and the positive spring. There are tons of copper alloys out there, any particular preferences?

Notice how the positive spring is screwed down on the 510 center pin. Plenty of contact area there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread