Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
A "review" video of the new tank:
- good to see the air flow ring has been tightened.
7:05-9:40min mark and a bit at the end.

And a "slideshow" video:
- you get to see Eleaf has widened the juice slots on the coils clearly in this one at 1:22min.

The GS Air - the training wheels of tanks... lol... :p

Thank you for keeping us up to date!
The evolution of the Air tank is documented on this thread!

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Thank you for keeping us up to date!
The evolution of the Air tank is documented on this thread!

I emailed Eleaf (in the hopes of them evolving faster) asking for:
- stainless steel (it won't add much/any to the price - they put the iJust 2 out for a $1 more in SS material)
- 5ml capacity @ 22mm (I do like the 22mm diameter but want the M height and capacity)
- to allow for full disassemble of the tank

I like the smaller coils of the GS Air... the volume of vapor is where I want it. It would be nice if Eleaf took the tank a little more seriously, but the "reviewers" seem to pass it off as a "training wheels" tank.

But yes Chee - we have all documented a $10 tank in almost 10,000 posts... a sure sign something has gone terribly wrong. ;) :p :)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
You're gonna love it recoiled and rewicked!

Ok I saw the new method to take the cap off and for people with weak hands (like me) that makes it all so simple.

I just redid one to a single coil. I use NR-R-NR silica prewicked in my Sophia's so I just put one of those in and used the existing new cotton wrap. It was very simple and its vaping a treat. Thanks for the encouragement. I will see how it goes. I don't mind the taste of silica with my menthols but I might have a play with the wrapping material.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I emailed Eleaf (in the hopes of them evolving faster) I like the smaller coils of the GS Air... the volume of vapor is where I want it. It would be nice if Eleaf took the tank a little more seriously, but the "reviewers" seem to pass it off as a "training wheels" tank.

But yes Chee - we have all documented a $10 tank in almost 10,000 posts... a sure sign something has gone terribly wrong. ;) :p :)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Question for you Eleaf GS Air fans - have any of you actually tried the new 1.2 ohm organic cotton coils (vertical single coil) from the factory? And if you also have an Aspire Nautilus or Mini with the current organic cotton overcritical coils, which has the best flavor? Can you get a tight draw on the GS Air like you can the nautilus?

I have two nautilus mini's, an aspire carbon fiber adjustable voltage battery, just got an Istick 30 W that i absolutely love (get the cover for it, its slippery to hold if you don't!), and reading this thread now I want to try the GS Air with the organic cotton coils, but would like others opinions on the GS Air vs Nautilus Mini. FYI, I use mostly naturally extracted tobacco ejuice (NETs), running around 18 mg or so nic, up to 24, so I am not a cloud chaser, and care more about the cigarette replacement mouth to lung hits. The mini's are growing on me now that I've cut the nic down to around 18 or 16 mg, good flavor.

Also, if any of you have tried the new TC style bats and coils, what's your thoughts on the facts vs the hype. Then engineer in me doubts this will really make a flavor difference ;)

P.S. Its hard to find reviews in this thread you guys are like a GS Air social club lol. :D

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Question for you Eleaf GS Air fans - have any of you actually tried the new 1.2 ohm organic cotton coils (vertical single coil) from the factory? And if you also have an Aspire Nautilus or Mini with the current organic cotton overcritical coils, which has the best flavor? Can you get a tight draw on the GS Air like you can the nautilus?

I have two nautilus mini's, an aspire carbon fiber adjustable voltage battery, just got an Istick 30 W that i absolutely love (get the cover for it, its slippery to hold if you don't!), and reading this thread now I want to try the GS Air with the organic cotton coils, but would like others opinions on the GS Air vs Nautilus Mini. FYI, I use mostly naturally extracted tobacco ejuice (NETs), running around 18 mg or so nic, up to 24, so I am not a cloud chaser, and care more about the cigarette replacement mouth to lung hits. The mini's are growing on me now that I've cut the nic down to around 18 or 16 mg, good flavor.

P.S. Its hard to find reviews in this thread you guys are like a GS Air social club lol. :D
Most of the review material is pretty well buried deep in the crypts of this thread...I haven't tried the cotton wicked, vertical coil yet, but have created some via
recoiling the Air myself. Hopefully someone will be along that has tried them to help you out.
And I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Nautilus...except at the Disneyland ride. :)

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Thanks your for the benevolent persistance. I trust eleaf will ignore your fine suggestions. They are a strange outfit, making some nice products, while disclaiming
parental relationships with some, as if they were illegitimate offspring in
a 19th century rustic village.

As to the ability to fully disassemble the M, be careful what you wish for. I toohad tried and failed to take one apart. And then... Was out working in my hybridizing fields in full noonday sun. Placed the rig on a rock so it wouldn't leak or get broken in a pocket. Did I say the sun was hot? It was. Took a vape break, adjusted AFC and found myself holding an istick with the lower metal components of the M in one hand, a glass tube abd the top metal part, replete with drip tip, in the other. And wintergreen ejuice sliming both hands. The orings were still on both ends of the glass tube, to I just screwed everything back together, went up to the house, washed hands, reloaded the M and they all lived happily ever after. Almost.

Today was cooler, the tank was on the istick, in my pocket. Took a break from transplating, reached into the pocket, and out came many pieces. This time, the o-rings were firmly set into the top and bottom metal parts, the glass tube free of all
associated hardware. Hmmm, thoughts meself, guess I ought to screw everything back together. Easier said than done. Couldn't get the threaded center tube parts to engage, Captain Piccard. Tried everything, including a c-clamp that caused the glass to chip. Even swallowed my Yankee pride and asked her Britannic Majesty, a.k.a. La señora Fumador, to help. No dice. Learned some spicey new limey curses from Her
Ladyship. Put everything in the freezer and went to the nearest thriving metropolis,
Newcastle, pop. ~1500. Returned after a spell, found that cold didn't shrink things sufficiently, practiced the new British imprecations, studied a fully assembled M.
Eureka! There are not just two metal parts, but four.

1. Afc, which holds the coil.
2. Bottom metal ring, including a portion of the center chimney tube.
3. Top metal cap, including the upper chimeny tube portion...AND...
4. The center chimney tube cylinder, which was screwed to the top part.
Loosening that center metal tube a turn did the trick. The top and bottom pieces
now met sweetly in the middle of the glass tube, and a couple of turns locked it all nicely together, including the chipped glass.
There is no need to go through all of this to clean the M. Hot running water works just fine.

And they lived happily ever after?

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Most of the review material is pretty well buried deep in the crypts of this thread...I haven't tried the cotton wicked, vertical coil yet, but have created some via
recoiling the Air myself. Hopefully someone will be along that has tried them to help you out.
And I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Nautilus...except at the Disneyland ride. :)
Hey thanks for the quick reply. You're right, there are some good reviews here, when you dig through, so many pages here! Obviously the GS Air has something going for it. I think the organic cotton 1.2 oh vertical coils must be new, so maybe I will be the first to try them, the price is right, but hopefully someone has beat me to it :) I don't build coils, its too much of a hobby as it is with trying new liquids, lol. Thanks again!

tctt

Dec 17, 2014
nj
Does anyone know of a coupon code for sweet vapes? I've been lurking this thread from the beginning. Have 3 gs airs and would like to get the M. Love the gs air and iStick 30 combo and have been using it exclusively for quite some time now. Have tried rebuilding the coils with no luck. I guess I just don't have the right touch.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA

Also, if any of you have tried the new TC style bats and coils, what's your thoughts on the facts vs the hype. Then engineer in me doubts this will really make a flavor difference ;)

I'm not sure but I think I have the cotton coils (I'd need a photo to compare what I have). They look like cotton and taste like cotton I think when I get a drier hit. The flavor is OK. I can't really tell that much difference. Some juice doesn't have a very strong flavor but I think that's my vapers tongue acting up. Sorry I'm not more helpful!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Hey thanks for the quick reply. You're right, there are some good reviews here, when you dig through, so many pages here! Obviously the GS Air has something going for it. I think the organic cotton 1.2 oh vertical coils must be new, so maybe I will be the first to try them, the price is right, but hopefully someone has beat me to it :) I don't build coils, its too much of a hobby as it is with trying new liquids, lol. Thanks again!
From their looks, I would think the new coils would wick well and have a bit more air flow being a vertical with the open center.:2c:
Join the club....:)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Does anyone know of a coupon code for sweet vapes? I've been lurking this thread from the beginning. Have 3 gs airs and would like to get the M. Love the gs air and iStick 30 combo and have been using it exclusively for quite some time now. Have tried rebuilding the coils with no luck. I guess I just don't have the right touch.
Have you watched Cheech's video ?
E-Cigarette Forum

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'm not sure but I think I have the cotton coils (I'd need a photo to compare what I have). They look like cotton and taste like cotton I think when I get a drier hit. The flavor is OK. I can't really tell that much difference. Some juice doesn't have a very strong flavor but I think that's my vapers tongue acting up. Sorry I'm not more helpful!
Well it is helpful, thanks! I think I have the same problem with vapors tongue, in fact the first time I try something thats really good in a day or two its still ok but the flavors not there, so I have to change again. I really keep two flavors in two different Nautilus mini's for that reason and alternate during the day. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
From their looks, I would think the new coils would wick well and have a bit more air flow being a vertical with the open center.:2c:
Join the club....:)
Yes, the coils have large wick openings, when nautilus went to the cotton they enlarged the holes as well (not oblong like the GS air), apparently for cotton you need more surface area for wicking. Not sure how you keep it from gurgling with the big openings though, mi mini's do on occassion, i just clear them if that happens.
Well thanks, if i get a GS Air I might join your club lol, at the moment I'm out of place with my Nautilus Minis, which are growing on me :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yes, the coils have large wick openings, when nautilus went to the cotton they enlarged the holes as well (not oblong like the GS air), apparently for cotton you need more surface area for wicking. Not sure how you keep it from gurgling with the big openings though, mi mini's do on occassion, i just clear them if that happens.
Well thanks, if i get a GS Air I might join your club lol, at the moment I'm out of place with my Nautilus Minis, which are growing on me :)
I think everybody here will tell you that you're more than welcome to hang out....:)
If they don't mind me, they'll welcome anybody...

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX

I've ordered a pack of the new coils and noted its 1.2 as opposed to 1.5 oh. I'm waiting on the delivery so can't comment yet on how different they might be.

I looked for one myself because I was waiting on possible 4th of July discounts and didn't see a thing. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought a couple of more tanks with a box of the new coils. Sweet-Vapes has lightning fast delivery and you can't beat this little tank for $10.00 anywhere.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Thanks your for the benevolent persistance. I trust eleaf will ignore your fine suggestions. They are a strange outfit, making some nice products, while disclaiming
parental relationships with some, as if they were illegitimate offspring in
a 19th century rustic village.

And they lived happily ever after?

Actually GF the person I talked to at Eleaf calls me "friend"... it's genuine - I'm sure... unlike the ones that catch fire or have any problems. :p

Eleaf gave the "we will report your advice to our technical department" reply, but just the same I asked...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your tank that comes apart.
Cheers

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I've ordered a pack of the new coils and noted its 1.2 as opposed to 1.5 oh. I'm waiting on the delivery so can't comment yet on how different they might be.

I looked for one myself because I was waiting on possible 4th of July discounts and didn't see a thing. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought a couple of more tanks with a box of the new coils. Sweet-Vapes has lightning fast delivery and you can't beat this little tank for $10.00 anywhere.
Hey great, let us know how you like the new cotton coils! I checked out sweet-vapes, great price around 8.95 for the tank, around 10 for the coils, not bad really for occ's. I will probably order when i get back from a long weekend mountain trip, unless i look here and see you hate them, haha. :)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Stick around, David -- Nautilus or GS Air, you are more than welcome here! I was an exclusive Nautilus mini user until I tried the Airs. (Specifically the GSAir "M".) The Air coils last SO much longer and can be rebuilt, the tanks are less expensive, and the "M" tanks hold about 4 ML so there is less refilling. I am completely satisfied with them. My Nautilus tanks were fine, but the COILS drove me almost batty. Some of my juices tasted way off after only 4 to 6 ML. Just my experience, but since the Airs are so cheap, I hope you will try at least one and compare.
Nice to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread