Evic supreme or Smok Xpro M80+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
I'm having a hard time deciding between those 2. I found the evic supreme for only $25 more, and I can't decide which one would be a better fit for a subtank mini(which vapes at max 30W, so the M80's power is kind of wasted). I find many of the supreme's features gimmicks, but it does show a clock on the homescreen, and frankly I find this particularly useful. Plus the tube form factor is a plus.
The M80, on the other hand, has the evic's most useful features, a substantially bigger battery, and temperature control.
So, is it worth pushing for the Evic, or are smok's advantages enough to make it the better choice?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would never normally recommend anything complicated made by Joyetech.

There too many 'used' (broken) Evics (v.1, Supreme and VT) currently for sale in the UK. That is no surprise to me.
I know some M80 users. They like it, but apparently the temp control is as good as useless.

Basically, I wouldn't buy either. At a push, I'd go with the smok.

What's wrong with Sigelei or Pioneer4U (IPV) or see what tomorrow brings?

Sorry, but the world-wide forums are full of Mod problems. Joyetech are top, and smok are second. The supreme is $120+ ... really?... no way dude. It's also a year out of date in terms of performance.

Only telling it how I see it.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The M80 does NOT have ANYTHING that actually resembles proper temp control, and likely never will.

Avoid it completely.

From what ive read, the evic-vt apparently has an issue with a random unavoidable 30 watt burst, so i would definitely wait until a v2 or version without that issue is released.

Best of luck!

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
I would never normally recommend anything complicated made by Joyetech.

There too many 'used' (broken) Evics (v.1, Supreme and VT) currently for sale in the UK. That is no surprise to me.
I know some M80 users. They like it, but apparently the temp control is as good as useless.

Basically, I wouldn't buy either. At a push, I'd go with the Smok.

What's wrong with Sigelei or Pioneer4U (IPV) or see what tomorrow brings?

Sorry, but the world-wide forums are full of Mod problems. Joyetech are top, and Smok are second. The supreme is $120+ ... really?... no way dude. It's also a year out of date in terms of performance.

Only telling it how I see it.

Well thing is Joyetech and Smok are also probably the best sold Mod brands. The all other options in my price bracket are Sigelei 20 W(I think it's too low power), IPV 2 mini, joyetech evic-VT and eleaf iStick 50W. Would any of those be a better fit?

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
The M80 does NOT have ANYTHING that actually resembles proper temp control, and likely never will.

Avoid it completely.

From what ive read, the evic-vt apparently has an issue with a random unavoidable 30 watt burst, so i would definitely wait until a v2 or version without that issue is released.

Best of luck!
Thing is M80 is also the cheapest available mod with TC, and I heard it kind of works. I only need it to kind of work so I don't burn my throat, but at the 15W I'm probably gonna use I don't think burning myself is a problem

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Thing is M80 is also the cheapest available mod with TC, and I heard it kind of works. I only need it to kind of work so I don't burn my throat, but at the 15W I'm probably gonna use I don't think burning myself is a problem

It does not temp control, period.

The way they attempted to do temp control is wrong and completely useless.

If you want to use it for regular VW vaping it will do the job, but it is NOT a tc mod in any sense.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, im just really mad that SMOK has been blatantly lying to people about that mod since day 1 and keep rolling out fake firmware updates that will never be able to fix the temp control because the chip wasn't engineered properly to begin with.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Evic VT with a nickel build in the RBA.

Even with the problems some have had it is a great device. The burst is only a problem for non TC low wattage coils.

2015-07-07 15.15.34.jpg

Reactions: Momato

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
It does not temp control, period.

The way they attempted to do temp control is wrong and completely useless.

If you want to use it for regular VW vaping it will do the job, but it is NOT a tc mod in any sense.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, im just really mad that SMOK has been blatantly lying to people about that mod since day 1 and keep rolling out fake firmware updates that will never be able to fix the temp control because the chip wasn't engineered properly to begin with.
I wonder if they fixed it on the X cube II, when it goes up to 160W(Would anyone actually use it at that level?) you'd really need to be able to regulate temperature correctly.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015

With TC it isn't the wattage that matters it is the temperature. Well with TC that actually works.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin

The temp control was useless on the first versions. I dont have, but have used 1 with an updated chip, with a TCT. To me it seemed to be working pretty well, compared to the original release I used. Many reviewers out there feel the same way about the newer models

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I have an XPro M80 and I absolutely love it. The Temp Control does work if you use nickel wire/coils. Although I've heard that the Evic has better TC. On the other side, I've seen a lot of negative reviews on the Evic having the normal Joyetech issues i.e. batteries failing to charge, chip being faulty, etc.

If TC isn't really what you're going for but you just want a good regulated mod. I'd recommend the XPro. It has a significantly larger battery and it does have a clock on it since I saw you mention that.

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
I have an XPro M80 and I absolutely love it. The Temp Control does work if you use nickel wire/coils. Although I've heard that the Evic has better TC. On the other side, I've seen a lot of negative reviews on the Evic having the normal Joyetech issues i.e. batteries failing to charge, chip being faulty, etc.

If TC isn't really what you're going for but you just want a good regulated mod. I'd recommend the XPro. It has a significantly larger battery and it does have a clock on it since I saw you mention that.
For how long have you had it? When buying e-cigs I always expect to gain profit from them vs cigarettes. For this to happen with the M80, I'd need it to last about 5-6 months.

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I've only had mine about a week but they've been out for about 6 months now and I haven't seen any negative reviews for it except for people complaining that the TC settings didn't work but that's probably because they got one of the older ones. I honestly expect it to last me at least a good 10-12 months before I start having any issues with it. It also has a puff counter on it as well which is a neat little feature.

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
I've only had mine about a week but they've been out for about 6 months now and I haven't seen any negative reviews for it except for people complaining that the TC settings didn't work but that's probably because they got one of the older ones. I honestly expect it to last me at least a good 10-12 months before I start having any issues with it. It also has a puff counter on it as well which is a neat little feature.
Apparently it burned some redditor's house down, so you should try to be near it when charging. Honestly, I'd say this was that one in a million event when li-po batteries fail, regardless of anything(brand, type of electronic, build quality) since it was apparently the only case and the device has CE certification.
It's about £30 where I'm from which is about 5 days worth of cigarettes
I was smoking about 5 cigs/day, at $4 a pack and $10/month for e-liquid and coils, my calculations dictated that I'd pay for the device in 4 and a half months, this needing 5-6 for some profits. I know I shouldn't be complaining since health is priceless, but it's just my way of not going overkill on the purchases.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Apparently it burned some redditor's house down, so you should try to be near it when charging. Honestly, I'd say this was that one in a million event when li-po batteries fail, regardless of anything(brand, type of electronic, build quality) since it was apparently the only case and the device has CE certification.

I was smoking about 5 cigs/day, at $4 a pack and $10/month for e-liquid and coils, my calculations dictated that I'd pay for the device in 4 and a half months, this needing 5-6 for some profits. I know I shouldn't be complaining since health is priceless, but it's just my way of not going overkill on the purchases.
4 in a day that used to be breakfast but none is always better. £8 a day if you smoke 20 a day over here I've stopped completely but the wife hasn't so I'm still spending £250 a month on hers I think if I didn't love researching and trying all different mods and tanks it should cost me a lot less but I'm always counting down the days til pay day so I can get something new this month I'm waiting on a Ipv3li

CSOCK3

Dec 7, 2013
Illinois
I have a M80 and I've had for about 3 1/2 months now still working like a champ. I have not used the TC so I can't comment on that but as far as VW I am very happy with this device. I found mine online for I believe it was $45 not sure what site but just do a search because I have seen them other place for that also..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

CSOCK3

Dec 7, 2013
Illinois
I have a M80 and I've had for about 3 1/2 months now still working like a champ. I have not used the TC so I can't comment on that but as far as VW I am very happy with this device. I found mine online for I believe it was $45 not sure what site but just do a search because I have seen them other place for that also..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread