Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hee hee hee - I have two Atomics, and I'm seriously contemplating modding one with my dremel :D That, and they're only $9 these days.....

Don't forget to check the air hole position on the chalice, you may need to tap it out and move it before using it.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
O.k. Lessifer and Trucker - do you wrap around the screw heads or through the post holes? Also, I was thinking (dangerous, I know) that I'd try setting my coils such that I'd use the outside and the "far" inside for each coil when I get to my duallies. Or, should I go outside to closer inside post to mount the coils?

Reactions: thetrucker

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
O.k. Lessifer and Trucker - do you wrap around the screw heads or through the post holes? Also, I was thinking (dangerous, I know) that I'd try setting my coils such that I'd use the outside and the "far" inside for each coil when I get to my duallies. Or, should I go outside to closer inside post to mount the coils?
I used the post holes, Nothing wrong with using the further positive hole, in fact, you might get better saturation that way. Though with the owl atty, you're getting less direct saturation and more juice in the well to wick up.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm sorry - one more question..... The bottle - do you just wriggle it to unscrew it, or do you pop the whole tube off?
I slide the bottle with cap down the tube and then unscrew the bottle. I don't think you want to take the tube off too often, don't want to mess with the fit/seal or you'll get leaking, I'm guessing.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Well, pish-tosh. I am not a Chalice fan :( Itty-bitty TINY deck. And, I may have jacked it up when I was disassembling to clean it. I FINALLY got a build that was o.k., but it would not read consistently. I checked and double-checked the posts and knew the leads were quite secure. However, I would touch the Chalice, and the resistance would jump all over the board. Not gonna put that on a mech mod...

I think I'll grab a couple more Atomics and dremel the contact pin to make it a BF.... The deck is quite a bit bigger on the Atomic (for these fat hands/stubby fingers :) )

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Those tiny drippers are tricky to get to work.

I have a small no name dripper about as big as a "dime" that I used in my soap dish squonker and it has 3 posts.

have an idea to take it and try it on my Snowy Owl after figuring out which method to use to

make it a BF. Atomizer has an allen wrench a little bit bigger than a human hair and should

be fun to wrestle with---hahahaahah

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well, pish-tosh. I am not a Chalice fan :( Itty-bitty TINY deck. And, I may have jacked it up when I was disassembling to clean it. I FINALLY got a build that was o.k., but it would not read consistently. I checked and double-checked the posts and knew the leads were quite secure. However, I would touch the Chalice, and the resistance would jump all over the board. Not gonna put that on a mech mod...

I think I'll grab a couple more Atomics and dremel the contact pin to make it a BF.... The deck is quite a bit bigger on the Atomic (for these fat hands/stubby fingers :) )
Is it possible you had something touching the inside of the top cap? The posts are really close to the cap so any leg leads extending would touch. It IS a tiny little deck, and not for everyone. I need to see about modding my derringer clone.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Is it possible you had something touching the inside of the top cap? The posts are really close to the cap so any leg leads extending would touch. It IS a tiny little deck, and not for everyone. I need to see about modding my derringer clone.

This is even with the top cap off :(

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Well I've finally had enough of the pressing of the firing button and getting Nothing.

I decided last nite to take the Owl apart and start working on putting a Radio Shack switch in.

I glued down an old contact from a battery charger and took heavy spring bottom thingy apart.

I filled the empty bottom with molten solder from my torch and sunk a half ball point pen spring down into hot pool of solder.

I was given a flat iron tht did not work and so took it apart and used the thicker wire

in it to wire up my squonker---it has high temp insulation on it. Silver wire.

I now run a 18350 battery as it gives me room to have a switch.

Nothing gets warm as I keep my builds to 1.25 or higher. Switch is rated at 3 amps.
New TopOf Mod.jpg
RadioShackSwitch.jpg
OwlApart.jpg
BatteryBottomspring.jpg
UnderHood1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread