Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Fans of electronic box mods can fantasize all they like about them becoming extinct, as though they relish that idea, but what's really behind that? It's like some kind of my dad can beat up your dad trip, or, "we will bury you!" My thing is better than your thing is nothing more than an ego trip. What's the point of that? I suppose it affords them a cheap feeling of superiority. Not something I have any respect for.

Yet you're the one directly insulting other peoples intelligence because they use different products than you and see the value in pushing the technology forward.

Not a single person in this thread said they want to see mechs 'extinct' (have never seen anyone say it anywhere EVER, actually), and you were the one who started slinging insults just because some of us happened to agree that mechs are no longer the largest market.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
just
because some of us happened to agree that mechs are no longer the largest market.

Mechs have never been the largest part of the market.
Cig a likes and Egos have always outsold mechanicals and regulated "mods" by a huge margin.
No contest.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
remember when the rebel flag was a sign of rebellion against authority and hippies wore it on their jeans? there will always be a market for cheap and reliable products.my local vape shop only caters to cloud chasers and sell a lot of mechanical. they can however order a regulated mod for you in you really want one:lol:

The only reason I EVER go into a vape shop anymore is if I need a driptip RIGHT NOW. I don't buy ejuice, and I only buy hardware online; too poor for retail markup.

But I do miss that flag. It was still part of GA's flag for a long time, but the liberals managed to kill it in 2004. Now we have a Politically Correct flag. :facepalm:

Andria

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
The only reason I EVER go into a vape shop anymore is if I need a driptip RIGHT NOW. I don't buy ejuice, and I only buy hardware online; too poor for retail markup.

But I do miss that flag. It was still part of GA's flag for a long time, but the liberals managed to kill it in 2004. Now we have a Politically Correct flag. :facepalm:

Andria
Some people just need a history lesson! Our flag is rich in history, it stood for honor, courage and commitment to our brothers and sisters of the confederacy.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Some people just need a history lesson! Our flag is rich in history, it stood for honor, courage and commitment to our brothers and sisters of the confederacy.

Actually I liked it because it was a reminder that we got WHUPPED and we were still Americans! Thank god! :D :lol:

Andria

Reactions: Kprthevapr

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
"Well sir, a horse buggy is far more reliable than an automobile, its much more controllable, and everyone who buys an automobile will surely eventually end up with a horse buggy" - Your friendly buggy-whip salesman.
There is an Amish community down the road. Need I say more?

$19.50 EA-II Mechanical Mod - red ring / 510 telescopic pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Will last for the rest of my life. Guaranteed. Regular work-horse, and would survive almost anything.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Actually I liked it because it was a reminder that we got WHUPPED and we were still Americans! Thank god! :D :lol:

Andria

"Lee didn't surrender. Grant stole his sword and Lee was too much of a gentleman to ask for it back"
-Lewis Grizzard

And back on topic:

More unregulated awesomeness.
Apocalypse proof.

image.jpg

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
At the end of the day tubular mechs will continue to be made, very artistically in many cases, and we who use them and love them will continue to buy them regardless of the current market craze. Fans of electronic box mods can fantasize all they like about them becoming extinct, as though they relish that idea, but what's really behind that? It's like some kind of my dad can beat up your dad trip, or, "we will bury you!" My thing is better than your thing is nothing more than an ego trip. What's the point of that? I suppose it affords them a cheap feeling of superiority. Not something I have any respect for.

Wow... just wow!

Here's an idea: Don't like my posts? Don't read them.

Excellent idea, welcome to my ignore list.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hasn't there been enough insulting going on in here? Who cares what someone else vapes! No one is forcing anyone to vape with something they don't like! Geez, give it a rest!

Most "idiots" are likely still puffing on cancer sticks!

Andria

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I go both ways.

Wait...................

I'm not sure if its a blessing or a curse but I have the desire and money to try whats out there. And a willingness to learn. That last is important cause sometimes I try something and at first don't like it but later find out I was doing it wrong. Often I find I still don't like it but at least I gave it a fair shake.

For many years I only drove trucks with standard transmissions and lock out hubs. Now I have a truck with an auto and shift on the fly four wheel drive. Upon reflection I'm not sure who I was trying to impress.

I have all sorts of mods around me now. Tube mechs, box mechs, regulated boxes and TC boxes. Tube mods don't work for me as I'm a big guy with big hands. Box mechs work very well for me. I LOVE my Cherry Bomber, fits in my hand like I was born with it.

I only use one juice. I make it in huge jelly jars. I invented it and I like it. In general I hate the taste and smell of everyone's juice except my own. That said with all my different setups I get different tastes out of each setup.

My mechs work great with basic builds. Which as luck would have it is all I build. However my son builds crazy coils and the flavor and cloudz bro off some of his coils is beyond words. The down side is his coils laugh at mechs. I'd have to duct tape the firing pin, go get a cup of coffee and maybe get a small hit when I came back. But hit them at 100 warts and the flavor is super intense but only about twice or I better be at 0 nic or its the floor for me.

TC I'm afraid is getting to be my thing. Slowly at first cause honestly I was doing it wrong. The appeal was lost on me. And then one day I learned how to do it and I'm semi sold.

If you ask me what my favorite set up is I'll tell you my Cherry Bomber with dripper.

If you actually observe whats in my hand its a TC mod with store bought tank and coils.

In a way I'm very sad because I love building and have lots of wire and wicks and tool. Many is the hours I spend building. Its a great hobby. But it just isn't needed anymore more my basic purpose of getting some nic and staying off cigs.

Getting all day out of a TC mod?? Thats actually funny. Thats some old school thinking there. I get DAYS out of my twin battery TC mod.

Except when playing around vaping is every other day change batteries. Every couple weeks screw in a 3 dollar coil. Fill with juice. Total cost of mod, tank, batteries and charger is about 120 bucks and honestly no back up is needed although I still carry one.

I really believe that without goverment involvement modern TC mods and tanks could end smoking for 90% of people in less then a year. TC isn't even fully out yet, nickel coils aren't sold ANYWHERE locally, so its prolly never gonna get a fair shake. The day any smoker could walk in a store and be handed a bullet proof TC mod would be the day smoking becomes basically dead.

However I don't think the government is gonna allow this to happen. Which means I'll be back on mechs soon enough. And I'll be fine as basic vaping is possible on mechs. But getting current smokers to build coils and learn wire gauges and so forth just isn't gonna happen.

Sad I suppose but it is what it is. At the end of the day I'm really only responsible for myself.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Yet you're the one directly insulting other peoples intelligence because they use different products than you and see the value in pushing the technology forward.

Not a single person in this thread said they want to see mechs 'extinct' (have never seen anyone say it anywhere EVER, actually), and you were the one who started slinging insults just because some of us happened to agree that mechs are no longer the largest market.
No one on this thread has said it and thankfully I haven't seen a post like that lately , but I have seen posts by members on ECF saying that mechs should be outright banned due to inherent dangers and some have suggested they be banned as a sacrificial offering in the hope that the government will just ban the evil mechs and leave the rest of the gear alone , deranged thinking at best .

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
My thing is better than your thing is nothing more than an ego trip. What's the point of that? I suppose it affords them a cheap feeling of superiority. Not something I have any respect for.

Me neither. It is very easy to see one's own vaping preference as the only good way to vape, and fall into the trap of judging other vapers. It happens to many of us at times:
To me it looks like the TC boxes are for those who, for reasons of laziness, inability, or limited native intelligence, cannot build an atty right.

TC is the new fad. Building attys on mechs was the previous fad. Carto Tanks were hot for some time too.

It's pretty common to angrily defend the particular fad you enjoy when it's no longer the new one.

I continue enjoying simple sturdy mechanical mods the same way I did before any of these fads. I never quite understood the competitiveness and snob appeal that developed when coil building became the new big thing.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hasn't there been enough insulting going on in here? Who cares what someone else vapes! No one is forcing anyone to vape with something they don't like! Geez, give it a rest!

Most "idiots" are likely still puffing on cancer sticks!

Andria

No insult intended with my comment. I use a regulated device for the very reason stated in my comment....

I run a REGULATED mod so I know I will get a good vape. Even if I don't get the coil perfect. Now that mod happens to be a MECH with a kick in it. When I want to test my coil building skills I pop out the kick and THINK about my build before I build it.

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.

Andria
{off subject} Andria,I started a conversation with you,no answer,I'm must have done it wrong.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
No insult intended with my comment. I use a regulated device for the very reason stated in my comment....

I run a REGULATED mod so I know I will get a good vape. Even if I don't get the coil perfect. Now that mod happens to be a MECH with a kick in it. When I want to test my coil building skills I pop out the kick and THINK about my build before I build it.

Well, I build coils, have been doing it for over a year. I could not care less about those fancy "named" builds that use 3 kinds of wire in all sorts of weird confabulations; I build single coils somewhere between 1.4 and 1.8 ohms, depending on if it's for a kayfun or my achilles. They suit me just fine -- tootle puffing, because that's all my asthma will allow. Some might think that makes me a "lamer"... I say it makes me a pretty smart cookie, for persevering with vaping until I found a way to do it that won't make me cough up 1.5 lungs.

I have 2 mechs, and I know how to use them and care for them. I always use a Kick in them, because I *like* regulated vaping; I want it to always be 9 or 10 watts, no matter how charged the battery; any less, and I'm not satisfied; any more, and I can't vape it. I hardly think that makes me an idiot or of "limited intelligence" -- limited intelligence would have given up already.

And though I do have those 2 mechs, they''re my Vapocalypse prep -- I strongly prefer my electronic mods, because they do have those informative screens; if something is odd or not-right about my vape, the little screen usually has some info about why, so I can fix it -- with a mech, I have to troubleshoot at some length, or just try a diff battery, and sometimes i still can't figure it out -- and I'm really not vaping in order to challenge my problem-solving skills, I'm vaping to NOT SMOKE and I really don't need or want that to be any harder than it has to be.

Considering all the obstacles I have successfully overcome in order to vape happily and stay smoke-free, I strongly and angrily reject anyone's opinion that my use of a regulated mod means I'm "of limited intelligence." I have applied my far more than adequate intelligence to resolving all those problems, and learning to vape in a way that suits THIS BODY.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread