Friendly caution but I'm not totally sure ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
I've been really heavy vaping at 75 watts and just out of boredom I have been literally filling my very small apartment with 100% VG and nicotine running through as much as 15 mls in less than 90 minutes ... today I noticed my cat ,who started eating less and less food over 2 weeks ago ,suddenly jump to his feet as heavy cloud rolled to the floor and go under my bed. his eyes have been unusually moist looking and I thought I caught him a little unsteady on his feet over the last week ... I have curtailed all vaping in any room but the closed bathroom with a towel at the doors bottom ... I'm going to see if his actions improve over the next week or so ... if you have any pet that seems to be acting less than normal, and you are a heavy sub ohmer maybe this is a discovery but I'm not certain yet ...

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
i hope its nothing serious and its just a mood the kitty is in, we have a small puppy hes only about 8 months old and hes scared of the smoke clouds..he knows when they are coming when he hears me vaping he will stop what he is doing and look at me and look up in the air and soon as he see's the cloud he moves away from that area..

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
i hope its nothing serious and its just a mood the kitty is in, we have a small puppy hes only about 8 months old and hes scared of the smoke clouds..he knows when they are coming when he hears me vaping he will stop what he is doing and look at me and look up in the air and soon as he see's the cloud he moves away from that area..
Thank you Tony , it just never occurred to me that even the heavily diluted nic I use might still be too much for him, in fact I'm aware now that nic is absolutely taboo to pets ... I'll vape in the bathroom forever if I was the cause of his problem ... love that stupid cat !

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
15ml in 90 minutes? I vape at 0.2 ohms at 90-100 watts on a hexohm and still go through 15-20ml in a day. However, I never noticed a problem with my dogs and vaping around them. I wish the best for your cat and hope it acts better. One of my dogs like watching vapor

I'm suprised myself at the speed either a Herackles and especially a Starre at .25 can drain. I am totally stunned and delighted as a cloud chaser, what the 180-s coupled with those two clearos can do !

Reactions: dbrandt01

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been really heavy vaping at 75 watts and just out of boredom I have been literally filling my very small apartment with 100% VG and nicotine running through as much as 15 mls in less than 90 minutes ... today I noticed my cat ,who started eating less and less food over 2 weeks ago ,suddenly jump to his feet as heavy cloud rolled to the floor and go under my bed. his eyes have been unusually moist looking and I thought I caught him a little unsteady on his feet over the last week ... I have curtailed all vaping in any room but the closed bathroom with a towel at the doors bottom ... I'm going to see if his actions improve over the next week or so ... if you have any pet that seems to be acting less than normal, and you are a heavy sub ohmer maybe this is a discovery but I'm not certain yet ...

I don't think this has anything to do with the VG or nicotine wizardofozone. IMO your cat has a unrelated health issue. I would take her to the vet ASAP and find out what's going on.

Don't wait too long, certainly not a week. Cats with health issues go downhill pretty quick unless you do something about it.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
I'm suprised myself at the speed either a Herackles and especially a Starre at .25 can drain. I am totally stunned and delighted as a cloud chaser, what the 180-s coupled with those two clearos can do !
i can attest to this, the starre is very thirsty with that ohm and anything over 60 watts, ive drained my entire tank in less then 90 minutes once..you just dont pay attention to it when your really into a flavor and your messing online and have a few drams of whisky next thing you know your on empty lol

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
i can attest to this, the starre is very thirsty with that ohm and anything over 60 watts, ive drained my entire tank in less then 90 minutes once..you just dont pay attention to it when your really into a flavor and your messing online and have a few drams of whisky next thing you know your on empty lol
You know it ! .. If that Starre air intake on full open isn't the best on the market, it has to be a close second to whatever is better ....

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
As for pets and vaping, I don't own any pets at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if some animals didn't like it for whatever reason. Perhaps they were allergic to some ingredient in the juice. Perhaps they don't like the nicotine. Blowing huge clouds in a poorly ventilated room with pets might not be a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
As for pets and vaping, I don't own any pets at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if some animals didn't like it for whatever reason. Perhaps they were allergic to some ingredient in the juice. Perhaps they don't like the nicotine. Blowing huge clouds in a poorly ventilated room with pets might not be a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

This is very true, especially if it's PG and near cats.
I can't tell for sure, but PG in cat food is deadly for the cats, so it's banned. So it might be possible for atleast the cats to react to the PG in vapor.
So i advice any cat owner to vape responsibly. (Which any pet owner should be doing anyway in the first place.)

Edit: I know it wasn't PG in this case, but i just wanted to mention it.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
This is very true, especially if it's PG and near cats.
I can't tell for sure, but PG in cat food is deadly for the cats, so it's banned. So it might be possible for atleast the cats to react to the PG in vapor.
So i advice any cat owner to vape responsibly. (Which any pet owner should be doing anyway in the first place.)

Edit: I know it wasn't PG in this case, but i just wanted to mention it.
I agree Sleezy, but I use no PG at all just Kosher VG from Amazon in the larger bottle ... For the other posts, I certainly wont argue about the vape juice runthrough but I've changed no frequency habits. It's just that the Freemax Starre and Herackles act that way ... I can't get a dry hit and it's like inhaling through just a pyrex cylynder with NO)THING attachhed at all ! lol !

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
To be honest I'd take kitty to a vet ASAP just in case. Might not have anything to do with your extreme vaping but the little dude certainly sounds unwell.

We have two and one really likes to watch the clouds but if they catch a whiff (like if the fan blows it their way) they'll wrinkle their noses at me and move away.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
To be honest I'd take kitty to a vet ASAP just in case. Might not have anything to do with your extreme vaping but the little dude certainly sounds unwell.

We have two and one really likes to watch the clouds but if they catch a whiff (like if the fan blows it their way) they'll wrinkle their noses at me and move away.
I guess I should but it seems to be such an on and off thing ... If he hears the birds gather as they do in the tree near my window he's suddenly all vinegar and alert and can jump up to a fairly high windowsill which is not something Maine .... cats do all that well ... He is 14 years old so I've been expecting changes in him ... I've palpated each tooth in his mouth so it's not a chewing problem I feel certain ...

Reactions: SleeZy

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I agree Sleezy, but I use no PG at all just Kosher VG from Amazon in the larger bottle ... For the other posts, I certainly wont argue about the vape juice runthrough but I've changed no frequency habits. It's just that the Freemax Starre and Herackles act that way ... I can't get a dry hit and it's like inhaling through just a pyrex cylynder with NO)THING attachhed at all ! lol !

Yea i noticed you mentioned it was no PG involved. :)
I just wanted to mention it, due a lot of ppl doesn't know that CATS are allergic to PG.
But i can't tell wether they're affected by vapor or not. However if they eat it, it's a whole other matter. (Food with PG in it.)

As mentioned by @tony7432, dogs (most of them) can't handle chocholate. And the cat's can't handle the PG. (Yet again no proof if PG vapor affects them, just be veary about it.)

Also for you the TS, try to reduce the amount you vape, atleast near your pets. :)

Edit: "Maine ...." one of my fav cats!!

Reactions: AllElseFailed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread