Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well I did a search, but saw only a story from 2011 showing they did not warn before doing it. The one this summer not far away was from equipment failure. Evidently they didn't have a back up to go online. I do not know if they warned first. Today is most likely going to get one degree hotter, than yesterday. So it will test the system again.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well I did a search, but saw only a story from 2011 showing they did not warn before doing it. The one this summer not far away was from equipment failure. Evidently they didn't have a back up to go online. I do not know if they warned first. Today is most likely going to get one degree hotter, than yesterday. So it will test the system again.
Try to remember people lived in Texas before air conditioning. How, I don't know. But they did. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Try to remember people lived in Texas before air conditioning. How, I don't know. But they did. :)

I do remember. But as I said, they had advantages without a/c that we do not. (remember higher ceilings, more windows...etc...) Also in my part of Texas there used to be an enormous amount of wooded areas, and trees. That helped cool things down too. When I was a kid we had two room air conditioners, not central air. One a/c unit was in the living room. One a/c unit was in my parent's bedroom. My brother and I did not have a fan in our room either. We did have the attic fan. You couldn't sleep because it was so hot, very well. When you finally dosed off to exhaustion, sometimes you woke up cold. There was actually mildew on the wall near the window. So I also remember my dad having an old black Comet. It had no a/c. I hated that car. I was in first grade (or maybe 2nd grade) before we finally got a second car, and it had a/c. I thought we were rich then. LOL. Now there are strip malls, apartments, housing, business areas, that have wiped out our native trees in a big way. That makes things hotter too. I went to the company website for the electric co., to see if they showed power outages. What do you know, the site is down due to technical difficulties. It's been that way all day long. Last night it was working. At 9:30 pm last night, it was working. I will tell you, I am ready for fall. No doubt about that!!!!!

update: the electric company site at 6:51 pm this evening is still down due to technical difficulties...hmm...

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good morning.

Trying to get all my stuff done in preparation for my long drive. I'm excited yet scared. :blink: I've never done that long of a drive by myself. The longest has been 10 hours. This is going to be at least two days.

I have to admit, smoking would be much easier. LOL. I'm going to make sure I have a couple of my Provari and both Kayfuns ready to just swap out. Refill whether they need it or not, top them off, whenever I stop for food or gas. I have a plan at least. :lol:

Tomorrow morning is d-day. I just need to keep in mind...at the end of the drive is the family!!!! :w00t:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good morning.

Trying to get all my stuff done in preparation for my long drive. I'm excited yet scared. :blink: I've never done that long of a drive by myself. The longest has been 10 hours. This is going to be at least two days.

I have to admit, smoking would be much easier. LOL. I'm going to make sure I have a couple of my Provari and both Kayfuns ready to just swap out. Refill whether they need it or not, top them off, whenever I stop for food or gas. I have a plan at least. :lol:

Tomorrow morning is d-day. I just need to keep in mind...at the end of the drive is the family!!!! :w00t:
You'll be fine Ms. Robin. You may actually enjoy yourself driving. Coming home with a car packed full of kids...now that might b interesting.

Good morning Army.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
BK, the site is now working correctly. I will check back once it really heats up today.

Robin, be safe on your trip. That is one of the things I love about a Reo. I can vape and drive with no problem. I don't have to look at it. I just squonk, and vape. I even have a pencil cup that I put it in, when I'm not vaping. It works okay. It isn't an official holder, but it is a temporary fix.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I will say this, felines are the most fascinating animals on the planet. Even the little house cats. Their senses and instincts make them a most purrfect animal. The big cats fascinate me to no end. Tigs are my faves. What a beautiful animal!

Oh, I agree. They are also all so beautiful and graceful, even the big cats. Their movements are like fish in water. My favorite big cat is the white tiger, with the snow leopard a close second. :)

And, they wore lots and lots more clothes then, too! :shock:

I do remember. But as I said, they had advantages without a/c that we do not. (remember higher ceilings, more windows...etc...) Also in my part of Texas there used to be an enormous amount of wooded areas, and trees. That helped cool things down too. When I was a kid we had two room air conditioners, not central air. One a/c unit was in the living room. One a/c unit was in my parent's bedroom. My brother and I did not have a fan in our room either. We did have the attic fan. You couldn't sleep because it was so hot, very well. When you finally dosed off to exhaustion, sometimes you woke up cold. There was actually mildew on the wall near the window. So I also remember my dad having an old black Comet. It had no a/c. I hated that car. I was in first grade (or maybe 2nd grade) before we finally got a second car, and it had a/c. I thought we were rich then. LOL. Now there are strip malls, apartments, housing, business areas, that have wiped out our native trees in a big way. That makes things hotter too. I went to the company website for the electric co., to see if they showed power outages. What do you know, the site is down due to technical difficulties. It's been that way all day long. Last night it was working. At 9:30 pm last night, it was working. I will tell you, I am ready for fall. No doubt about that!!!!!

update: the electric company site at 6:51 pm this evening is still down due to technical difficulties...hmm...

Dear Lord, sometimes it feels as if this whole country is coming apart at the seams . . . :(

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh, I agree. They are also all so beautiful and graceful, even the big cats. Their movements are like fish in water. My favorite big cat is the white tiger, with the snow leopard a close second. :)
I don't know what my second fave would be. The tiger stands out among them all...so exotic. The snow leopards (and regular leopards) are cool too. Very evasive. Oddly, over the years I have found the common cougar (mountain lion, puma) to be fascinating as well...a very aggressive and adaptive cat. And then of course the male lion. Who'd want to screw around with one of those!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Debbie Downer here while we're talking about beautiful big cats - Someone killed Cecil the Lion at the Rhodesi…excuse me Zimbabwe Park and I am PI:censored:D!!!

How would you kill a Lion and not get caught ? :blink:

Anyways, Tuesday Morning is here. Another day awaits. Is Miss Robin driving from FL to MI ? That would be I-75, right ? Atlanta is a bear, but going strait through is as easy as the I-285 loop. Watch your road signs carefully in Knoxville, you may have to 'get off/ on' just to stay with I-75. PIA construction about one hour into Kentucky. After That you're on your own, as I tend to stay in the southland anymore.

Good Morning Army. Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Not a happy camper...
On my job, you come to the yard early, and there is a large metal box with folders inside. A folder for each Driver, and each driver's Bill of Lading is waiting in their respective folder.
This morning, no BOL in my folder. Either it wasn't loaded (cancelled ?) or another driver is playing games with the loads. I won't get an answer until 6:30am, when the Office-types start showing up for work. Up at 2am and drove 40 miles, for nothing.
Not happy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread