The flip floppers like myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
bastrop, TX
I seem to go thru cycles with vaping. I'll be off of analogs for a good 6, 8 even 12 months at a time, but somewhere along the line I go back picking up the nasties again. I go back for one reason or another; out of juice, battery dead, left my mod at home while going out, ect ect. I'm currently back on the healthy side of the cycle, haven't had one for a week now. I was just curious if anyone else experience the same. Feels like I'm forever a newb. I believe I am advanced in vaping, just not an expert, I have not tried RDAs yet. I am unsure of trying RDAs, and who knows, it could be the last nail in the coffin for my cigarettes. I'm just not comfortable trying them out yet. So feel free to share your experience and/or thoughts.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Hey there! I cant say that Ive experienced the same flip flopping. I started vaping over a year ago and I never looked back. I have recently started rebuilds, I have 3 RDAs now that I use with different builds for different moods and I love it. I recommend anyone curious about trying it, do some research on battery safety and Ohms Law (both topics are well covered in @Baditude blog, link at the bottom) and then pick up a cheap RDA clone just to try it out. Make sure to keep it safe and build within the proper margins but if you consider yourself advanced then by all means, do the research and try it out. Especially if you think that it will help get you off smoking for good!

Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
RDAs just seem intimidating at first but really aren't that difficult. Any decent b&m can teach you the basics of how to wrap coils and all that and a really good one will help you if you have problems rebuilding on an RDA you bought from them so that you can get it down.

Other than that theres plenty of info online but IRL reccomend having someone help you for the first time at least if possible.

Get an RDA with 4 post for your first one as they are much easier to work with then a 3 post.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I seem to go thru cycles with vaping. I'll be off of analogs for a good 6, 8 even 12 months at a time, but somewhere along the line I go back picking up the nasties again. I go back for one reason or another; out of juice, battery dead, left my mod at home while going out, ect ect. I'm currently back on the healthy side of the cycle, haven't had one for a week now. I was just curious if anyone else experience the same. Feels like I'm forever a newb. I believe I am advanced in vaping, just not an expert, I have not tried RDAs yet. I am unsure of trying RDAs, and who knows, it could be the last nail in the coffin for my cigarettes. I'm just not comfortable trying them out yet. So feel free to share your experience and/or thoughts.

Nope, never again. I had one relapse last summer, and it was so hard clawing my way back to smoke free, I'm never going thru that again.

I've got a huge assortment of vape paraphernalia, just because I want vaping to always be easier than going out to get smokes. I make my own ejuice, I build my own coils.

Never going back to cigarettes. I just celebrated a year smoke-free, and I wouldn't give that up if BT was paying ME to smoke their garbage.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Try make sure you don't have excuses to choose smoking over vaping. Always have plenty of juice on hand, a second battery charged and ready to go, maybe even another setup to keep in your car.

Im all for having extra gear on hand, but I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST keeping any gear in your car. Car interiors get quite hot, and batteries dont like being hot. They express their dislike for heat VERY violently!

johnkong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
bastrop, TX
Im all for having extra gear on hand, but I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST keeping any gear in your car. Car interiors get quite hot, and batteries dont like being hot. They express their dislike for heat VERY violently!

I totally agree with that Darth

Suryia

Jun 28, 2015
John, you have to do what you want. None of us can really tell you what to do. You have to decide for yourself whether you want to vape or smoke analogues. If you do decide to commit to vaping, then I would get an Rta AND and Rda. The reason I say that is because they work for different situations. Just getting an Rda will probably not help you, because it gets rather annoying having to re-juice the wick every 10-20 hits. In the end, though, I would recommend a tank, because you can fill it and not have to mess with it for a day or 2, until you need to rewick. Get something that gives you nice and enormous hits, just because the nicotine absorption in vaping is highly inefficient compared to smoking. I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: johnkong

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
While Im not totally opposed to big hitters, its not always the solution for a satisfying vape. Sometimes its the flavor of the juice, sometimes its the nic content, sometimes its running duals, sometimes its running singles. There is no magic fix for the perfect vape! The best part about rebuilds is that you get to toy around with different coil configurations until you find what you like best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread