Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Just a heads up. I contacted Maggie from SteamCrave. I was just curious about the airflow holes not lining up with the coils and if it was intended to be designed like that. She said that it was intentional and that it doesn't matter where the airflow holes are in relation to the coils, because the airflow comes in from 4 different directions. I don't really agree with that, as when I unscrew the building base a bit to better align the coils in front of the airflow holes, it's a much better vape versus the air hitting cotton tails/negative posts. But I'd just thought id share the response with y'all if you were curious.

That's the answer I expected since none of the reviewers mentioned it, and I agree with you.

Reactions: 52anddone

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Mine arrived this morning. Shipped from China to my door in less than 4 days. I purchased the 6ml version.

First build: 10 Wraps 2.5MM ID, 22g Kanthal @ .28Ω wicked with Rayon. All I have to say is wow...
Running @ 55w on two air holes (clear tape over the other two), amazing flavor and vapor.

The only issue I have with this tank is the drip tip, i know it was designed to prevent spit-back, but it restricts airflow. I don't use it, just pull directly off the tank itself.

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Sounds like this is exactly what you need then!

Heh, reading your earlier post in the Goliath v2 thread is pretty much what sold me on going this route btw.

Had really high hopes on that tank being the one to wait on, but I already had my fill on that type of fiddling frustration with the Lemo 2.

Reactions: Petabread

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I'm pretty impressed by the service provided by Steam Crave. I had a problem with my unit, sent an email on Thursday/Friday and they shipped the replacement out on Friday with a delivery date of Monday. Super fast shipping from Hong Kong. Gotta love it.
Could you help me with their contact information. I can't find it and I'm having problems with my order. I paid PP, PP shows paid, but they sent me an email saying they were waiting for payment. Arghhh...

maleasdf

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Trying to run dual coil 26g 7 wraps at 0.37 ohms and at 50w the rdta is getting really hot. Uncomfortably hot and also the drip tip is getting hot to puff. Does anyone have this issue. Just asking add no one mentioned it.
Also the puffs are too airy... Flavor is there but kind if not thick dense vapor bit more like feeble flavour with lots of clouds. Definitely my goliath v1 seems a lot better. Thoughts and suggestions please

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Heh, reading your earlier post in the Goliath v2 thread is pretty much what sold me on going this route btw.

Had really high hopes on that tank being the one to wait on, but I already had my fill on that type of fiddling frustration with the Lemo 2.
I'm glad, man. This is much better than the Goliath v2 overall. I REALLY wanted that RTA to be the one. To be fair, the Gv2 was supposed to be out officially on 15 July. So the delay could be that they're fixing the issue. But either way, after popping the Gv2 out again today, I really prefer this RDTA over it now. So I think you made a wise decision!

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Trying to run dual coil 26g 7 wraps at 0.37 ohms and at 50w the rdta is getting really hot. Uncomfortably hot and also the drip tip is getting hot to puff. Does anyone have this issue. Just asking add no one mentioned it.
Also the puffs are too airy... Flavor is there but kind if not thick dense vapor bit more like feeble flavour with lots of clouds. Definitely my goliath v1 seems a lot better. Thoughts and suggestions please
Try another drip tip! I think it was VaPreis who suggested that, and the flavor improved greatly when I popped another normal drip tip on there. Can't really comment on the heat issue. I have a .3 24ga build in mine at 59 watts and it's not bad at all. It's actually much cooler than my goliaths. Are your coils built way up high towards the air holes?

Reactions: slightlystoop

maleasdf

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Try another drip tip! I think it was VaPreis who suggested that, and the flavor improved greatly when I popped another normal drip tip on there. Can't really comment on the heat issue. I have a .3 24ga build in mine at 59 watts and it's not bad at all. It's actually much cooler than my goliaths. Are your coils built way up high towards the air holes?
Tried it with other drip tips, definitely a much smoother draw. To compare with generic, using sub tank drip tip much more airy and flavorful. Tank does get hot. My coils are 3mm id with base of coil lining exactly with the post holes. Si they are pretty high... Is that wrong, I thought this is the way to build to get airflow to coils directly.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal

I'm running about the same setup and can't seem to find the sweet spot as well. I haven't figured out why the ohms comes out to .38 when normally I would see at least .5 ohms. The flavor is not there yet but the clouds are. I'm gonna try raising the coils next...

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Tried it with other drip tips, definitely a much smoother draw. To compare with generic, using sub tank drip tip much more airy and flavorful. Tank does get hot. My coils are 3mm id with base of coil lining exactly with the post holes. Si they are pretty high... Is that wrong, I thought this is the way to build to get airflow to coils directly.
Here's what I did. Since the airflow holes are way up high. I raised the coils so that half the coils are above the screws. So half over the screws, half under. For whatever reason, that's how this tank was designed lol. When building this way, I can see the coils in the airflow holes, which is what you want. Unless you have the issue that most of us here have, and have your airflow holes pointing towards your negative posts lol.

slightlystoop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
Just got mine today, took 3 days! First build 26 kanthal didn't raise high enough and was getting dry hits but rarely. Note have 28g twisted .25 hitting at 75watts, no dry hit with chain vaping! Flavor is amazing for tank! Glad bought 6ml this goes through juice so fast
My recommendation is buy it!

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
What I'm reading about those airflow holes, and the fact that none of my wicks have come out right in the past week or so, has kept me away from this RDTA. It looks really nice, not sure I can get over the air holes.

Wicking this tank is a no-brainer. If you can thread cotton through a coil, you can wick it.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Did my 5th build in my Aromamizer tonight, and it turns out to be my favorite yet.

7 spaced wraps of 27ga at 2.2mm each for @ 0.5Ω. I still have 2 air holes blocked off and the vape band dialed down to about 1/2 open on the remaining air holes. Doing nice flavorful MTL hits at 40 Watts.

This one's a keeper.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Wicking this tank is a no-brainer. If you can thread cotton through a coil, you can wick it.

I know how to wick, been doing it for quite a while because I didn't like buying coils. Unfortunately a lot of crap has happened in my life the past couple of months and I don't know if my nerves are shot or what but my wicking ability has gone down the drain. I think I just finally got a good wick going on my Airek after about 5 tries and swapping from JC to organic cotton balls. Not enjoying this inability of mine leading to constant dry hits or scorched taste. I've tried going thinner and thicker and trying to re-learn the thickness of the cotton to no progress. For this tank, the only thing that worries me is the fact that the air holes aren't lined up, I guess I'm OCD about these things. I want to get a tank with pre-built coils for when I just can't get the wicking right, but this tank seems like the best RTA I've seen...but those airholes.

Rob_H

Moved On
Jul 12, 2015
Just a heads up. I contacted Maggie from SteamCrave. I was just curious about the airflow holes not lining up with the coils and if it was intended to be designed like that. She said that it was intentional and that it doesn't matter where the airflow holes are in relation to the coils, because the airflow comes in from 4 different directions. I don't really agree with that, as when I unscrew the building base a bit to better align the coils in front of the airflow holes, it's a much better vape versus the air hitting cotton tails/negative posts. But I'd just thought id share the response with y'all if you were curious.
I agree with you two of the holes should line up with the center post at least. I remember Robert Ellis reivew "the armed vapor" and he said two of the holes line up with the coils. I think you will get a harsher vape without the air hitting the coils.

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I agree with you two of the holes should line up with the center post at least. I remember Robert Ellis reivew "the armed vapor" and he said two of the holes line up with the coils. I think you will get a harsher vape without the air hitting the coils.
It's definitely noticeably harsher (IMO). But it's kinda easy to fix. I tried doing what Roxy and VaPreis suggested, by marking the base with a marker as a guide and building the coils closer to the negative posts. That does work, but if your build is longer, like mine, it doesn't do too much (on my particular unit, at least.) I just unscrew my RDA base a hair and line up the coils with those marker guide marks and it's perfect.

I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker at all for this tank. If that RDA deck didn't unscrew, it would be for me tho. You take the good with the bad, for $40 this is the best all-around vape I've had off a tank. Every tank I've used has some sort of issue, but thankfully this issue is easily fixable and isn't a fatal design flaw. But I did send Steam Crave an email reminding them that RDA/RBA 101 = building coils directly in front of airflow holes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread