Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Both my new iS40TC and the coils I ordered were shipped today! That's some seriously fast work on GV part! Just placed that order this morning. :thumbs:
wonder if they managed to re-ship my 10 day old package? Daniel said he was fixing this and shipping it again today.

My gs-tank from fs shipped today!

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
Burn3d, there isn't a lot in this thread on the 1.2 ohm coils simply because they haven't been out that long. Most of us haven't even tried them yet. But give it a couple of months and I'm sure there will be a lot more. Or better yet, just try them for yourself. :thumb:

I've had the 1.2 ohm cotton coils for about a week and put them in 2 of my tanks. They are working great and have better flavor in the M. I prefer the GS Air but with the new coils I'm finding the GS M to be just as good. I can't say anything about leaking since this particular tank has always leaked ever since I got it. My other GS M works fine.

I've been waiting to see if they last as long as the original coils. They have lasted a lot longer than the Kanger or Nautilus cotton coils. I had to change them in about a week while the Eleaf 1.2 is still working great.

I did stock up on original coils. I really hope they don't get rid of them. I also gave my Fasttech coils another try and I can't tell which tank I used them in so I'm thinking about ordering a bunch more.

Off Topic: if you have any Kanger tanks the new cotton coils are great. I put a VOCC in my Aerotank and cranked it up to 13 watts. Flavor is amazing and no dry hits or burnt taste. I also have the new Nautilus cotton coils and they are a big improvement. Vaping it at 10 watts. Big improvement in the flavor, too.

That's what I do. I have a dedicated tank for each of my 2 ADV's. And I use 2 mods and just go back and forth with them. I seldom get vaper's tongue, and I think that may help a lot.

I envy those that have an ADV! I have over 30 flavors I love and 15 that I switch between all day. I vape Ahlusion and there are just too many flavors that I can't live without. I have Saturday Morning (Fruit Loops) in the tank with the 1.2 ohm cotton coil.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Well, we're going to call it a vacation, pay no attention to the missing rug, the strong bleach odor, those stains are red paint, honest!
How did he train his cat to do that much cleanup?

I took another dead coil apart to check the build.
gsc.jpg

I do not know how long that coil lasted but it was certainly well used!

I think the next time I order from fasttech I will also get some pre-coiled with silica wicks and try rebuilding with a dual coil setup - it will be awhile. I found a video from lightning vapes that showed how to do a dual rebuild on a kanger coil - coil/wick for spacing/coil The GS Air should be the same. I hate rebuilding with silica because you have to wrap around it - it is nearly impossible to thread into a coil. I think the silica might be what gives me the long lasting coil that I get from the FT coils.

I am curious to hear what the life span is for the new cotton coils.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Off Topic: if you have any Kanger tanks the new cotton coils are great. I put a VOCC in my Aerotank and cranked it up to 13 watts. Flavor is amazing and no dry hits or burnt taste.

I wonder if those coils are any better than similar coils that FT carries for 4 bucks. I ordered mine a long time ago and I like them, but I honestly prefer horizontal coils...

$4.89 Replacement Coil Heads for T3S / MT3 / MT3S / Protank and More (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I think the next time I order from fasttech I will also get some pre-coiled with silica wicks and try rebuilding with a dual coil setup - it will be awhile. I found a video from lightning vapes that showed how to do a dual rebuild on a kanger coil - coil/wick for spacing/coil The GS Air should be the same. I hate rebuilding with silica because you have to wrap around it - it is nearly impossible to thread into a coil. I think the silica might be what gives me the long lasting coil that I get from the FT coils.

FWIW, I would never go into trouble of making dual coils with silica. The replaceables are so inexpensive and it's way too much hassle. Rebuilding with one single coil and cotton wick is quite simple, however, once you get the hang of it.

Just my :2c:

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
FWIW, I would never go into trouble of making dual coils with silica. The replaceables are so inexpensive and it's way too much hassle. Rebuilding with one single coil and cotton wick is quite simple, however, once you get the hang of it.

I hear you.
I did not taste any improvement on the rebuilt single coil over the FT coils. Not better, not worse. I tried both cotton and rayon and a few different builds.
I know several say the rebuilt taste is better than the stock - but ..... I have no taste??
The effort wasn't worth the return for me until the vapocalypse.
But if I like the dual coil rebuild with pre-wicked coils, at my current coil life expectancy I might save an entire $1 per week!!!!
That's $52 a year which is another years worth of FT complete coils or several DIY flavors or a stockpile of sharpened rebar or ??????!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC

What she said...

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I hear you.
I did not taste any improvement on the rebuilt single coil over the FT coils. Not better, not worse. I tried both cotton and rayon and a few different builds.
I know several say the rebuilt taste is better than the stock - but ..... I have no taste??
The effort wasn't worth the return for me until the vapocalypse.
But if I like the dual coil rebuild with pre-wicked coils, at my current coil life expectancy I might save an entire $1 per week!!!!
That's $52 a year which is another years worth of FT complete coils or several DIY flavors or a stockpile of sharpened rebar or ??????!
Jingle balls... stock up on jingle balls.... Oh, and laser pointers... Even ZOMBIE cats can't resist them. Great distractions. True story...

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Incidentally, vertical builds, while TONS easier in the new coils are certainly doable in the old ones. That said, I didn't see a tremendous improvement in either flavor or airflow. Just FYI.

Vertical builds in the new coils are pretty simple... just pack the wicking in there a lot tighter than you'd think necessary... like the consistency of carto poly fill (really). Otherwise, the rebuilds flood a bit.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
trying to solve that little issue I have with a little leakage of juice through that vent hole at the bottom into my istick 30W in this high heat and humidity. I tried sticking a little a toothpick as Cheechako suggested, that slowed it down, but the wooden toothpick wicks it eventually, so I might try plastic like someone suggested as well.
silicone? Maybe I'm off here but..? Just a thought.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
After using the new coils for a week or so, I am not so sure about them. I have been using 2 of the new coils in two different GS Air M's. Flavor seems to be dropping off quickly and the draw is getting tighter. I am also getting more leakage on the pin then I ever did with the original coils. They both are still reading 1.3 O's and are still producing a fair amount of vapor. I am starting to think that they aren't going to last as long as the original coils. So far, my favorites are the rebuilt ones that Lynn made for me!:)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
After using the new coils for a week or so, I am not so sure about them. I have been using 2 of the new coils in two different GS Air M's. Flavor seems to be dropping off quickly and the draw is getting tighter. I am also getting more leakage on the pin then I ever did with the original coils. They both are still reading 1.3 O's and are still producing a fair amount of vapor. I am starting to think that they aren't going to last as long as the original coils. So far, my favorites are the rebuilt ones that Lynn made for me!:)
I only had two of the original coils, and two packs of cottons. I put in a cotton coil and NET liquid in my GS MS yesterday, vaped it today at work, it really did quite well, and no leaking like my GS Air was, with an original coil. I can't figure it out which is better yet leak wise :) I am getting two packs of the original coils again soon, I think the cotton wick has a larger vape hole, but need to see them side by side ... I think the draw of the GS Air is smoother vape, but not sure if its the tank or the coils yet.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Just got my new GS Air tanks - not the Ms but the original I guess? 16.5mm - anyways, I only bought one pack of the 1.5 coils and certainly not ready to rebuild any of the coils as they are new - however - has anyone tried rebuilding a single coil with ReadyxWick? I'm going to try that when its time. Thanks for this this thread!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Just got my new GS Air tanks - not the Ms but the original I guess? 16.5mm - anyways, I only bought one pack of the 1.5 coils and certainly not ready to rebuild any of the coils as they are new - however - has anyone tried rebuilding a single coil with ReadyxWick? I'm going to try that when its time. Thanks for this this thread!
Not sure about ceramic fiber wicks... just too many questions as to the safety of potentially inhaling particles of a non organic fiber that's ultimately derived from a clay-like mineral... sounds a bit too similar to asbestos and the properties that make it deadly in the long term. I personally think cotton and rayon are the ways to go to be the safest. Not particularly a fan of silica wicks, either for similar issues.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
silicone? Maybe I'm off here but..? Just a thought.
Hmmm. Might not be the best bet. Not sure what happens to it under the heat and liquid exposure conditions that vaping would expose it to. A chunk of plastic or wood crammed in to fill the hole? No worries... neither was ever a liquid that required chemical curing like silicone does. Too close to the lungs and your inhalation path to risk it, IMO.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
How are people doing with these GS air tanks using high VG juices? I have to use high VG juices, and though I thin them with distilled water or vodka (or both) I typically have problems with running such juices in anything I've tried so far, including a Kayfun Lite RTA and Kanger Subtank Mini. The iClear 16 eGo sized clearomizers have worked the best for me overall, but they are still far from perfect. I only use variable voltage/wattage batteries these days, so I can keep the voltage level down. This helps keep wicks from getting clogged or burnt out when running high VG juices, but doesn't always make for a very satisfying vape. I've tried the Aspire ET, ET-S, Nautilus, and Mini with BVC heads, but they tend to spit hot juice no matter how thick or thin my juice is. I even got some old school Kanger T3S clearmizers recently and used the new TOCC heads in them. They were pretty darn good for about half a day, at which point they clogged up and the wicks burnt out on me - even when vaping at or below 3 volts and constanly keeping the tank topped off with juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread