Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Hi all, former provari user here who is getting her two provari 2.5's back from people who used them and have now moved on to sub ohming. I'll be giving one to my son (standard stealth) and I'll be using the second (polished mini). I haven't used a tank in more than 18 months and I know things have probably changed a lot since I last used a tank. The tank I used in the past was the Vivi Nova and the reason I moved away from it was because I didn't like my juice being cooked by the coil so I switched to dripping with the eBaron Pro.

I use Odin RDA's now on Reo's and would like to find a tank that both my son and I can use on the Provari's but I don't know where to start as far as tanks go. I'd prefer something that I can build the coils for. I'd also prefer something that doesn't have to many pieces. I'd like something that looks good on the vari's but I'm not sure anymore what size that would be diameter wise.

I'm really out of the loop with tanks, well actually I never was into the loop with tanks so I know almost nothing as far as what's good and what should be avoided. Price is not a huge issue but I don't want to spend more than $50 a piece if at all possible because I have to buy two of them, but I'm willing to budge on that a bit.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!

P.S. Can someone refresh my memory as to what size batteries these Provari's will need without extension caps?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Remember that Provape recommends using only button top AW IMR batteries in a Provari. Using magnets or other devices on flat top batteries will void the Provape warranty and is not a safe battery practice.

Since your son may not be into rebuilding coils, perhaps a high-end clearo tank would better suit his needs. I'd recommend an Aspire Nautilus which uses factory made replacement coils that he could change himself. A popular and proven clearomizer.

2yqysuve.jpg
Aspire Nautilus

For yourself, it would be hard to beat a Kayfun Lite Plus rebuildable tank atomizer on a Provari. A Provari/Kayfun combo is what popular e-cig reviewer PBusardo uses when he is at vape meets. What Makes the Kayfun so Great?

cd4432fa-c158-49b2-b381-a11a86cfeeec_zps1edf6142.jpg
mini_kayfun_zps12d5e123.jpg

You can get the Provari beauty ring (for aesthetic purposes only) at Provape.
TankRing-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jwbnyc

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi all, former provari user here who is getting her two provari 2.5's back from people who used them and have now moved on to sub ohming. I'll be giving one to my son (standard stealth) and I'll be using the second (polished mini). I haven't used a tank in more than 18 months and I know things have probably changed a lot since I last used a tank. The tank I used in the past was the Vivi Nova and the reason I moved away from it was because I didn't like my juice being cooked by the coil so I switched to dripping with the eBaron Pro.

I use Odin RDA's now on Reo's and would like to find a tank that both my son and I can use on the Provari's but I don't know where to start as far as tanks go. I'd prefer something that I can build the coils for. I'd also prefer something that doesn't have to many pieces. I'd like something that looks good on the vari's but I'm not sure anymore what size that would be diameter wise.

I'm really out of the loop with tanks, well actually I never was into the loop with tanks so I know almost nothing as far as what's good and what should be avoided. Price is not a huge issue but I don't want to spend more than $50 a piece if at all possible because I have to buy two of them, but I'm willing to budge on that a bit.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!

P.S. Can someone refresh my memory as to what size batteries these Provari's will need without extension caps?

I remember you! You've come a long way baby!

e5qb.gif

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Reactions: WorksForMe

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I'll have to look further into those because it looks like those take prebuilt coils?
One thing to keep in mind if your using a Provari. You will need pre made coil heads that are above 1 ohm resistance.
The Kanger sub tank has 1.2 ohm pre made coils available. Most of the Sub Ohm tanks are not suitable for a Provari :(

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Remember that Provape recommends using only button top AW IMR batteries in a Provari. Using magnets or other devices on flat top batteries will void the Provape warranty and is not a safe battery practice.

Since your son may not be into rebuilding coils, perhaps a high-end clearo tank would better suit his needs. I'd recommend an Aspire Nautilus which uses factory made replacement coils that he could change himself. A popular and proven clearomizer.

2yqysuve.jpg
Aspire Nautilus

For yourself, it would be hard to beat a Kayfun Lite Plus rebuildable tank atomizer on a Provari. A Provari/Kayfun combo is what popular e-cig reviewer PBusardo uses when he is at vape meets. What Makes the Kayfun so Great?

cd4432fa-c158-49b2-b381-a11a86cfeeec_zps1edf6142.jpg
mini_kayfun_zps12d5e123.jpg

You can get the Provari beauty ring (for aesthetic purposes only) at Provape.
TankRing-2T.jpg

Thanks Bad, one thing I learned here in the provarinati section of ECF months ago is battery safety. All I use in my Reo's are AW IMR button tops. Haven't had any interest trying out other batteries because I'm so nervous about ending up with fakes or rewraps, so I stick with AW IMR's from RTD. I'll be building for my son and teaching him along the way so I think the Kayfuns will be a good choice for us, but you mentioned KFL Plus? Is that different from the KFL? Now that I'm home I can research this today but I'm wondering if one is more preferred over the other? If they're two different things that is.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
One thing to keep in mind if your using a Provari. You will need pre made coil heads that are above 1 ohm resistance.
The Kanger sub tank has 1.2 ohm pre made coils available. Most of the Sub Ohm tanks are not suitable for a Provari :(

Ah, I'm glad u mentioned this. I remember there was a limitation with the provari but thought one could go as low as .9?

Reactions: Steamer861

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I remember you! You've come a long way baby!

e5qb.gif

LOL!! Huge smile on my face! I remember that picture! Those red sevens paid for my first Provari, and now I have it back. I've missed it. I've been having a grand time with my Reo's, playing around with different builds and atties and juices, but am looking forward to a change from the usual. Good to see the princess of the Provarinati is still keeping an eye on the kingdom.:thumb:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Ah, I'm glad u mentioned this. I remember there was a limitation with the provari but thought one could go as low as .9?

It can, but you have to keep the voltage pretty low due to the amp limit. If I remember correctly, the limit of the V2.5 is 3.5 amps.

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Thank you again you guys. I've explained to my son that the stealth is not for sub ohming so he's not to let his cloud chasing friends tell him otherwise. This stealth is on loan for now so he has to take care of it until he's decided if he wants to keep it and that will mean no pushing it beyond it's limits. He's a flavor junkie so as long as the flavor's good he'll be happy above 1 ohm. He's been using a PT3 on an ego (I think that's what it is) and has been ok with that so far.

Reactions: Baditude

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I'll have to look further into those because it looks like those take prebuilt coils?

They make Three different coils for the Triton: a tootle puffer at 1.8ohm that uses kanthal, a couple of sub ohm coils optimized for different wattages and utilizing 316 stainless/Japanese cotton.

The Atlantis coils are also compatible, including the temp control version.

There is also an RTA rebuild option available that looks to be easey peasey.

According to pbursardo it is a killer vape.

Oh, and it is (apparently) completely made of stainless.

Last edited:
Reactions: pennysmalls

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Thanks Bad, one thing I learned here in the provarinati section of ECF months ago is battery safety. All I use in my Reo's are AW IMR button tops. Haven't had any interest trying out other batteries because I'm so nervous about ending up with fakes or rewraps, so I stick with AW IMR's from RTD. I'll be building for my son and teaching him along the way so I think the Kayfuns will be a good choice for us, but you mentioned KFL Plus? Is that different from the KFL? Now that I'm home I can research this today but I'm wondering if one is more preferred over the other? If they're two different things that is.
The kfl had 3 versions original with no airflow adjustment and a pretty small chamber. Kfl+ added air flow control and the kfl + v2 with air control and a slightly larger chamber to handle larger diameter coils. The eh pro kfl+v2 has been the best of all the clones(I've had them all) you can get authentic kfls for around $70 or less now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread