Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
While this all only theoretical right now, this is what I "think" I might be able to do (+/- 20%) over in the Forum that is not to be mentioned........
View attachment 475654

My ECF modeler has sent some preliminary renders of the project, buttons yet to come.
850mAh Beta on the right, my project on the left. Capable of housing a 1350mAh bat.

Aprox actual size
upload_2015-7-27_22-9-17.png

Aprox twice actual size.
upload_2015-7-27_22-11-9.png

upload_2015-7-27_22-12-24.png

What do you all think, is it worth pursuing?

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Oh Gees That sucks :(
Mine still isn't back from Evolv. Even though there so good with the RMA, for International guys like us it's still a hassle :(
Mine was absolutely hassle free. I didn't even know they were sending a replacement for mine. John just asked for my address.

My ECF modeler has sent some preliminary renders of the project, buttons yet to come.
850mAh Beta on the right, my project on the left. Capable of housing a 1350mAh bat.

Aprox actual size
View attachment 475768

Aprox twice actual size.
View attachment 475770

View attachment 475771

Nice!

I'm getting almost 2 days with my 1300mah battery. The Hana v200 supposedly has a 950mah 3S but also smaller. Maybe the same size as the Beta box? I have a bad 3d print of the beta box so I'll post pics of the size difference. I should get the v200 this week.

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Mike, I will pass but that is only because my Hammond 1590G is coming out much better then I ever thought it would, if my mod was only so-so then I'd be in for one. I have a 1000 mAh for it and can easily fit a 1350, I may well bump up to a bigger battery later. I'd like to build my second 200 mod much smaller, I really like the size of the beta mod and I bought the FlightPower 800 because it will fit in the beta. I would be interested in one of those if that comes to be later.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Mine was absolutely hassle free. I didn't even know they were sending a replacement for mine. John just asked for my address.

I didn't mean hassle like that, Evolv is Great :) real easy
It's just from here it's at least 3 weeks or more round trip :(
And from Istanbul it's probably even longer Then the shipping cost $
You Americans have it good compared to Us. Cheep shipping fast turn around times

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
here's a few pics of mine, still not finished. the main body is african blackwood, the chip mount and central support is billet aluminum that started out as a 1"x 2" solid block, still needs some more machining. the rear support/door mounting frame is titanium plate. buttons are brass. still a lot of work to do here. with all the work something like this takes I can really see the appeal of drawing it on a computer and printing it, this is kinda the opposite of that :D

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
Seems that Evolv working on 2s firmware

John (Evolv) said:
2 3500 mAh batteries are 25.2 watt hours.

For a similar run time, you'd want a 2200 mAh 3s pack. That is 24.42 watt hours, which should give you equivalent results.

Or sit tight for a couple hours and we'll have a 2s compatible firmware up for testing here, then just use your same 2 26650 batteries in series.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
here's a few pics of mine, still not finished. the main body is african blackwood, the chip mount and central support is billet aluminum that started out as a 1"x 2" solid block, still needs some more machining. the rear support/door mounting frame is titanium plate. buttons are brass. still a lot of work to do here. with all the work something like this takes I can really see the appeal of drawing it on a computer and printing it, this is kinda the opposite of that :D

I will be curious to see the final wire routing from the chip...they are so fat that I had to angle mine correctly prior to tinning as the process created an unmovable .25" that was un planned for.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

I'm in. The faceplate fabrication time savings alone makes it worth it. Considering material cost and no "hassle factor" of finding buttons, etc., it's more than worth it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
morning, y'all!

I didn't mean hassle like that, Evolv is Great :) real easy
It's just from here it's at least 3 weeks or more round trip :(
And from Istanbul it's probably even longer Then the shipping cost $
You Americans have it good compared to Us. Cheep shipping fast turn around times

steamer, if it should come up again send it to me ;) we know first class to canada is reasonable and since the stuff was paid by you i wouldn't have a problem marking it as 'gift' :D

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
here's a few pics of mine, still not finished. the main body is african blackwood, the chip mount and central support is billet aluminum that started out as a 1"x 2" solid block, still needs some more machining. the rear support/door mounting frame is titanium plate. buttons are brass. still a lot of work to do here. with all the work something like this takes I can really see the appeal of drawing it on a computer and printing it, this is kinda the opposite of that

Simply amazing work Turbo, that's tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread