Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
3 days without a post, insanity I say.

insanity-this-is-rayon.jpg

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi! Could you please tell me where to buy DM viscose balls? I tried to Google it, but no luck.

Tchavei you know how much the bag and the shipping costs :)

The bag is around 1.3 usd and the shipping with the envelope and tracking is around 5 bucks.

I'm not in for the money. Actually it's the opposite :) it's all at my cost :)

My "reward" are all the positive comments from people like Jeremy, you, Aal....

Reactions: TrollDragon

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Thanks Tony. My friend is in Berlin and I could ask to bring some. I saw some different packages, could you please specify which one to get?

You need to search for

ebelin viskose watte

But finding a store that will ship online will be hard.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi Slavkov,

Am I right to conclude that this is a best option for vaping needs, even better than Graham cellucotton?

Dobo, tell your friend to look for the 100 g bag-the one that has balls in it.

The 200g is a mess inside. It's like one sheet

Last edited:

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
BTW, why are the cotton balls better than sheets? I currently use Japanese cotton pads and really like it in this shape as it's easy to cut the stripes inline with the direction of fibers.

Just Google translated the text on the pics and package of cotton balls read fluffy and tender, while sheet reads soft and absorbent. Any difference for our intended usage?

Dobo, tell your friend to look for the 100 g bag-the one that has balls in it.

The 200g is a mess inside. It's like one sheet

Last edited:

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
I do have a bag of medical Rayon (not DM, though) thats also basicly one big sheet folded and stuffed into the bag.
It has layers, not unlike ... cotton, and is a little more of a hassle to handle compared to the DM balls. It's also shiny and super squeaky.
Performance wise, I use and like both, cant really tell any difference.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Finally broke down and DP'd my Derringer. It is coiled with dual spaced coils, 24g Nichrome, 6 wraps at 2.9mm ID... ohms out at 0.18. I'm currently running it on a copper Praxis, voltage drop is so minimal that it is insane. Needless to say, the rayon holds up very well and wicks like a champ, but it does tend to collapse pretty quickly unless it is stuffed really tight. I've been managing to get it wicked pretty well with just a single straight pull, but decided to give the DP a try. Holy crap! I've never gotten my wicks this tight before... the first few pulls were a bit muted, but the flavor kicked in pretty quickly. Now I know what you guys mean about the muted flavor when the wicks are that tight... I've always gotten good flavor, even on the first pull... I'm liking this, and I'm hoping that I'll get a bit more longevity this time due to the extra tightness in the wicks. It was a bit tricky to get the dual wicks started, but once they were fed through, I just pulled 'em till they stopped moving. Looks like it's gonna be another vape-happy day!!

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
It was a bit tricky to get the dual wicks started, but once they were fed through, I just pulled 'em till they stopped moving. Looks like it's gonna be another vape-happy day!!

I've found DP to be tricky getting both in at the same time as well. Sometimes I've had good luck with putting one through until it gets tight and start feeding the second wick in as I'm pulling the first out. When I'm lucky they kind of stick together a little bit, and it ends up threading the 2nd through and the 1st is still through the other side.

...I think that made sense.

Finally able to rebuild my Lemo 2 (didn't have any kanthal and my Invader Mini (fixed 510 pin) decided to stop making connection. Now I've got an iStick 40W TC that's been doing well so far. Hurrah for spring loaded 510s. I did my wicking a little different this time.

Unrolled DM ball, used the full width. Single wick, was pretty tight, but I got it in there. Bunny-ear'd the chimney down, and cut to length right at the top of the chimney. Stuffed the wick down, but tried to not pack it too tight and leave it a little fluffy. I didn't trim the tails at all other than to length, none of the angled cuts. Previous wickings in this tank (some of which you can find in this thread) did not treat me well. I'm only about 3.5-4ml in on this build, but so far doing good. Previous wicks I didn't get any air bubbles unless I did a dry pull with the airflow closed off. Now I'll get a good couple bubbles after every drag.

I'm wondering if the angled tail trimming may be more important for RDAs where you want a nice long tail, rather than tanks where you don't have to go far to get to the juice channels?

Also, I had a thought (which may already have been thought!) about the Rayon pt 2 thread. I think it would be great to compile as many good build photos for as many tanks/RDAs as possible to have them easily locatable (that's a word, right?) for those looking for help with what their wick should look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread