Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
We've lucked out too. One of Morgan's friends came over several years ago to spend the night. Her mom was nice enough to let me know when she found out about her daughter had it. i .completely washed all bedding, pillows, trashed the brush just in case. But Bamrz is right. Tons of kids get it.

Carpy weigh in. Gained four tenths of a pound.

My bloodwark came back normal except the bladder infection which is doing pso much better. I still need to get that eray done So we ruled out diabetes for vision problems. Made appointment for a medical eye doctor earlier today.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyingV

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning e'rybody!

Dentist trip was as spectacular as always. Our dentist uses pictures of their patients to help with identity verification. When I checked in, the receptionist's jaw dropped. I started to get nervous and said "I promise I'm me!" She said "No, it's not that... I cant believe how much weight youve lost!" My last dentist appt was back in Dec. Before I started my diet. :D My teeth are still perfect, but I need to cut out my Diet Dr Pepper. I laughed at her. I've stopped smoking. I've all but completely cutout coffee. And I drink either one bottle or two cans of Diet Dr Pepper a day. Sorry lady. Thats the best youre going to get.

While I was out, I got my haircut, finally. Kat got mad at me. "HOW COME DADDY GOT HIS HAIRCUT AND I CANT?!?" Psh, come up with the $20 for yours, and I'll drive you up there. She glared at me. :lol:

I finally got the shipping notifications for my petcock lever. I ordered it Thursday night in the hopes that it would ship Friday. Nope. Why cant every company be as good as Copper Creek?! Hopefully, it will get here sometime this week. :glare:

Good morning!

Ewwww James. Public schools = #1 cause of creepy crawlies.

That's all I've got for now.

carry on.....
And THAT'S why we cant figure out where they came from! They're on summer break! About the only thing we can figure, is that one of them picked them up at the daycare at the gym. Thats really about the only contact theyve had with any other kids for months.

Don't feel bad James, lice were going around the school when we lived in HI. Boys are easy, shave their heads - BAM - done! :lol: Seriously though, we got lucky and they didn't seem to get them.
When I re-inspect/re-treat tonight, if CJ still has them, he will be shaved down. Kat and Melanie would look pretty funny bald. Maybe I'll shave them too. Both of them have been begging for a trim anyway. :laugh:

Fouble post. Sorry.
What in the HECK is going on with your phone?! That's two fouble posts in two days! Not to mention I have NO idea what a "clraninh " brush is! :lol:

Good morning. Hot humid day in Pa. Out side testing teens. yea.
Yeah, here too. 92 with almost a 90% humidity with a 50% chance of storms this afternoon.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Just another Monday. So this:
XR0fissm.png

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Time to head out. So far the storms are all around us but its not raining here, or anywhere on the way home. I hope it stays that way. These danged fools get even stoopider when the roads get wet.

After the kids eat dinner, we have to go to Walmart to pick up our 13' pop-up canopy. My wife, the genius, had it shipped to the store for free. Sounds good, right? Not really. Because it was free shipping to the house, too. :facepalm:

Oh, and I found out my petcock wont be delivered until Friday. So no two-wheeled zoom zoom. Blech.

Y'all have a good day! And stop talking so much, sheesh. It takes too long to catch up on all three posts. :glare:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Hey James, don't you have a place that's "all haircuts $10" or something?? I found a great one out here, it started at $8 and now it's up to $10. But the lady with the purple hair does a great job! :)

I'm about to go get mine cut off. 2 years ago, it was maybe an inch and a half long, and I decided to let it grow. So now it's down to my ...., and with this heat wave we've been having this year, I've about had enough of long hair. :(

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
T

Oh, and I found out my petcock wont be delivered until Friday. So no two-wheeled zoom zoom. Blech.

What exactly is a petcock? It just doesn't sound right.

Is it a pet rock?
You're a bit old for those aren't you? :laugh:

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hey James, don't you have a place that's "all haircuts $10" or something?? I found a great one out here, it started at $8 and now it's up to $10. But the lady with the purple hair does a great job! :)

I'm about to go get mine cut off. 2 years ago, it was maybe an inch and a half long, and I decided to let it grow. So now it's down to my ...., and with this heat wave we've been having this year, I've about had enough of long hair. :(

I love my short hair. It's so much cooler outside and it's easy to do. It's pretty much a wash and wear cut but can be dressed up a bit too.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Tiff, it's a little knob on the gas line of a motorcycle. A lot of bikes don't have fuel gauges, so the petcock lets you switch over to "reserve", which gives you enough gas to look for a station. Usually they have 3 settings, On, OFF and RESERVE. Off turns the gas all the way off, on lets you use the main contents of the tank, and reserve lets you use all the gas in the tank.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I love my short hair. It's so much cooler outside and it's easy to do. It's pretty much a wash and wear cut but can be dressed up a bit too.
That's what I miss, the "wash and wear" part. I detest hair dryers, so I have to wash mine at least 3 hours before I go to bed. I can't wash it in the morning, because I have to tie it back while I work or it gets matted, so it never dries.

Using my Instant Pot for the first time tonight! :) Starting easy, just doing some rice. If I don't fall asleep, I'm going to make some mango chicken to go over the rice. :lol:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good morning. Of course I woke up 45 minutes earlier than I usually have to to go to work. That would be ok but I don't have to work today.

Alex has an appointment with a psychologist for an evaluation today. Social Security sent us a letter that said they needed more information before they could make a decision therefore they set this appointment and are paying for it. It's a couple of hours away and hubby is taking him. I have to take Morgan to an eye appointment. I'm going to an actual real eye doctor, not the kind that is at vision works. That is next week. I only get one eye exam a year with our insurance but I found a way around that. This doctor is a medical doctor and therefore it is considered a medical appointment so I only have to pay my regular copay.

The kids are driving me absolutely nuts. Mainly Alex. Need I say more? :laugh: Where would be a nice place to run away to?

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning folks!

We're in the same boat as Drott. Same weather. About 90 again. Very humid. Probably some afternoon storms. My drive home was absolute he**. The rain moved in before I got too far down the road. Traffic was backed up for nearly five miles. For no apparent reason. Stoopid people are bad enough. Stoopid people behind the wheel are even worse.

Nothing too new and exciting planned today. Work. Home. Gym. Home. Bed.

Unfortunately, no. There are several hole-in-the-wall places, but they all charge more than Great Clips. They do a better job, but right now, every penny we can save gets saved.

I consider three inches of hair too long for me. I'm just glad Mrs E likes her hair no shorter than chin length.

What exactly is a petcock? It just doesn't sound right.

Is it a pet rock?
You're a bit old for those aren't you? :laugh:
You leave me AND my pet rocks alone. No, it doesnt sound right. Which is one reason I say it so much. :D PETCOCK!

Tiff, it's a little knob on the gas line of a motorcycle. A lot of bikes don't have fuel gauges, so the petcock lets you switch over to "reserve", which gives you enough gas to look for a station. Usually they have 3 settings, On, OFF and RESERVE. Off turns the gas all the way off, on lets you use the main contents of the tank, and reserve lets you use all the gas in the tank.
Thanks Bamrz!

Mine is a bit different though... It may be because my bike is carbureted, and not fuel injection. Or maybe becuase its so old. I have three positions. On, Reserve, and Prime. The On and Reserve are for exactly what Bamrz said. But the Prime position lets more fuel flow to the carbs' bowls to help it start. Once the temps come up, it gets switched back to ON, and then I ride on! Until I run out of gas... Which has happened on three occasions. The first time (soon after I bought the bike), I thought "PRI" meant "Primary". Which would mean I could still switch to the reserve. I was wrong. The second time, the petcock just didnt work, so I COULDNT switch to reserve, which forced me to take the bike to the shop and have the petcock rebuilt. The third time, I was just stupid and left the lever in the reserve position on accident, and ran out on the way to the gas station. Thankfully, I do learn from my mistakes. That doesnt mean I wont run out of gas again, but it does mean it wont happen for the same reasons!

Good morning. Of course I woke up 45 minutes earlier than I usually have to to go to work. That would be ok but I don't have to work today.

Alex has an appointment with a psychologist for an evaluation today. Social Security sent us a letter that said they needed more information before they could make a decision therefore they set this appointment and are paying for it. It's a couple of hours away and hubby is taking him. I have to take Morgan to an eye appointment. I'm going to an actual real eye doctor, not the kind that is at vision works. That is next week. I only get one eye exam a year with our insurance but I found a way around that. This doctor is a medical doctor and therefore it is considered a medical appointment so I only have to pay my regular copay.

The kids are driving me absolutely nuts. Mainly Alex. Need I say more? :laugh: Where would be a nice place to run away to?
No liking the kid driving you nuts. Or the psych appt. But I am glad its getting taken care of.

And dont feel bad about waking up early. I have the opposite problem. I wake up too late. I've been getting out the door late all week, and I am NOT happy about it. I dont like being late EVER.

Reactions: FlyingV

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I am glad the psych appointment is getting taken care of also. And mainly that they are paying for it. Normally something like this usually costs $2000 to $3000 and our insurance won't cover it and we just can't afford to pay out of pocket for it. He's had several psych testing but most have been at the school and they only test for how the disability effects his learning environment and the school pays for that. SSI wants more than those evals have provided or whatever the records from his doctor have provided. He had a private eval when he was 5 and we paid for that one. That was when he was diagnosed.

My hair is probably about two to three inches long all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread