Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All -

Well, it has happened...I have developed sensitivities to flavorings in ejuice. I am not sure which ones are specifically the triggers, but I know it has happened. vaping flavors started to cause pain in my lungs and resulted in a fair amount of discomfort. Prior to determining it was flavor related, I did a process of elimination with all the variables; PG, VG, nic levels, wicking materials, power, amount of vapor, etc.

Finally, I sidelined the flavors and fortunately, I am vaping discomfort free! Thanks to this forum, I saw how many people were vaping unflavored nic base and thought to give it a try. Within a day, all my symptoms have disappeared. I am endlessly grateful for this forum and the knowledge and ideas that continue to come my way.

Thanks, again! Now...to find homes for all those wonderful liquids I once enjoyed. ;)

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Congrats! I've been vaping flavorless for over a year now while making my own! Way too cheap not to!

Not as bad as one would think either.. It is naturally sweet thanks to the vg.

Whst pushed me over the edge to finally try it was superxdrifters videos! ;)

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Although I'm a flavor junkie, I also vape unflavored. By buying VG by the gallon, and 100mg nic by the liter, I figure my cost at $0.007/ml. That's 20 cents per ounce/30ml.

No doubt, the way you are doing it is much cheaper. My hope is to one day, trial a couple of light flavor profiles mixed back in and see if I can tolerate a hint of flavor. In the meantime, I am really enjoying the unflavored, but like anything, I will probably try to mix it up a little with time.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I have some flavors here and there at times. Unflavored is my preferred though. 100% vg and 4mg nicotine. Russ (Super_x_drifter) was my first time ever hearing of unflavored so I tried it and prefer it.

Now, I have some e-juice, it's good in a tank, but sucks in an RDA.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Congrats! I've been vaping flavorless for over a year now while making my own! Way too cheap not to!

Not as bad as one would think either.. It is naturally sweet thanks to the vg.

The OP, or anyone else, could experiment by adding a drop or so of a flavoring that doesn't bother them, like a drop of cotton candy, or bubble gum or something......usually pretty innocous flavorings. I was vaping unflavored then put a drop of FA Spearmint into a 30ml bottle and it was pretty good. Barely perceptible but good. :)

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
That is all I am vaping also, unflavored and premixed 70/30 with 12 nic. I have some flavors I like such as kentucky bourbon, brown sugar, and toasted almond and I will put one drop in the 6 oz bottle if I need flavor. I can't believe how much money I wasted before. :)

Tracey

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
50/50 @ 18mg/ml unflavored here. I think I must like the taste of nicotine. :party:

I've been buying it premixed from nude nicotine, but will have to journey into the cost effective mix your own route.

haha I just did in the past few months drop to 12. I was 18 for over two years, down from 24! I'm getting mine premixed also from Bulk Eliquid LLC, I've heard of nude nicotine, only tried Bulk. I like it premixed and it's cheap enough for me! I get aggravated building coils now that I am so spoiled with the readyxwick, so mixing liquids will probably make me throw it down lol

tracey

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I like flavored juice. I rarely will vape unflavored. But I always have a bottle of unflavored base around, mixed at the same level as my flavored stuff, 6mg. I often will cut down the flavored juice with the unflavored base, when I just want a bit less flavor. Sometimes, I'll cut by as much as 50%.
I've been DIYing all my juice, for about 4 years or so, and I have tons of recipes, that I've developed myself, over time. But lots of them were created back when I was building single coil/wick ss mesh genisis RBAs. So, some of my favorites are a bit too 'in your face', for my dual coil BF attys and Reos, and I've had to cut them down.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
50/50 @ 18mg/ml unflavored here. I think I must like the taste of nicotine. :party:

I've been buying it premixed from nude nicotine, but will have to journey into the cost effective mix your own route.
In their 236ml bottles, they are charging you $21 for $2.20 worth of nic (at $50/liter for 100mg concentrate, their nic is about double that).

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Does anybody know where to get larger empty plastic bottles ideally dropper bottles? I'm talking like 500ml

My goal is to mix a very large batch of 6mg unflavored to use as my base for diy..

For my 'working' bottles, I get squeeze bottles from Sally's Beauty Supply. I have one with my VG, one with PG, and one with my nic base.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Does anybody know where to get larger empty plastic bottles ideally dropper bottles? I'm talking like 500ml

My goal is to mix a very large batch of 6mg unflavored to use as my base for diy..
Just a suggestion based on my own experience... by the time you get halfway through 500ml you are likely to decide you want the PG/VG ratio or nic concentration to be different. While you can evolve a large base stock to different mixes, it's easier to start from scratch.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Just a suggestion based on my own experience... by the time you get halfway through 500ml you are likely to decide you want the PG/VG ratio or nic concentration to be different. While you can evolve a large base stock to different mixes, it's easier to start from scratch.
Why do you think that? If I was new to vaping and didn't know what I like, maybe. I know what ratio I like though, if it's high VG or pg I hate it. 50 50 plus or mine 10, never will change, hasn't in a year?

Thanks rule I will check out Sally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread