Vapor Zeus XL and Smileomizers questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A little more than a month ago, I bought a Vapor Zeus XL 1300 automatic battery and I have questions regarding the battery and the Smileomizers.

1. Battery: Vapor4Life claims the 1300 battery will last between 15 to 20 hours. For me, both batteries I initially bought quickly went down to 3 to 2 hours. Vapor4Life replaced them. The new ones I just received last about 8 hours at best. I wouldn't return them as I am getting a little tired of making trips to the post office.

So my question to XL Zeus users is: on average, how many hours can you vape on such a battery before having to charge it?

2. Smileomizers: I have watched videos and read articles on different ways to fill/refill Smileomizers. When I try using a syringe, I insert the needle between the polyfill and the inside wall of the Smileomizer and push it all the way down until it hits the bottom. Then, I slowly inject half of a ml of liquid. I do this going around the Smileomizer on 5 different spots. The large Smileomizer is supposed to hold 6 ml of liquid. I found that 5 ml is the most it can really take as the rest just drips out from the bottom. Very messy. Lots of wiping.

My question is: when filling a Smileomizer with a syringe, do you insert the needle as I explained above or you insert it inside the polyfill?

Thank you in advance for your help.

David

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Hmmm, lots of questions here. I use medium Zeus & small smileos, so can't answer specifically for the XL battery life. I get around 4-6 hours from my mediums .

I use a syringe to fill my small smileos. Rule number one: always use the plastic 'condom' end cap that comes with the smileo, otherwise the juice does come out the bottom & makes a mess.

I insert the syringe into the inside of the outer wall of the smileo. I pump 2ml (out of 3.5ml) in, then re-insert the opposite side & pump another 1ml in. With the remaining .5ml I wet the top of the polyfil. I also leave it to sit for about a minute before removing the condom to check whether the central tube is clear. If it isn't, use the syringe to suck back a little juice & I can either blow through the centre tube to remove it it onto a tissue, or often gently insert the needle into the tube from the bottom, to break surface tension.

Don't know if any of that helps, but it works for me. :D

Hmmm, lots of questions here. I use medium Zeus & small smileos, so can't answer specifically for the XL battery life. I get around 4-6 hours from my mediums .

I use a syringe to fill my small smileos. Rule number one: always use the plastic 'condom' end cap that comes with the smileo, otherwise the juice does come out the bottom & makes a mess.

I insert the syringe into the inside of the outer wall of the smileo. I pump 2ml (out of 3.5ml) in, then re-insert the opposite side & pump another 1ml in. With the remaining .5ml I wet the top of the polyfil. I also leave it to sit for about a minute before removing the condom to check whether the central tube is clear. If it isn't, use the syringe to suck back a little juice & I can either blow through the centre tube to remove it it onto a tissue, or often gently insert the needle into the tube from the bottom, to break surface tension.

Don't know if any of that helps, but it works for me. :D

Hi Katz-in-boots,

Thank you for your reply. I also leave the bottom condom on while filling. However, I didn't use the syringe to take back some of the excess liquid. I will for now on.

I guess getting about 8 hours of use with the 1300 mah battery might be right after all since you are getting up to 6 hours with 900 mah.

Have a great weekend.

My battery's don't last long at all,they are the 1300, very sad of they way this has gone down hill just wish I would get something that last and got answer.

Hi poobear,

The very first battery I ordered lasted 12 hours on the first use. I thought it was great and ordered a second one right away thinking I would have them on rotation. However, with every single following charge, the usage went down. Same thing with the second battery except that the first use was straight down to 8 hours. Then both went down and down to just 2 hours!

Vapor4Life sent me replacements for both and I returned the deffective ones I had. The new ones are going down the same path. I figured if somehow they can stabilize at 5 hours each, I can deal with it. I won't ask for more replacements as I think that 4 batteries not performing as claimed is no longer bad luck, it just that their products are crap. And I don't want to keep exchanging batteries, going to the post office, paying for return shipping.

I don't how much longer Vapor4Life could be in business with this sad proposition. It's too bad as the Zeus is an elegant and well performing device when it functions properly. I get the cigar experience - the feel, the vapor, the throat hit - combined with great liquid.

Let's face it all these products (from all vendors) are made in China so we can't really expect to get quality but at the price level the Zeus is, Vapor4Life would probably be better off manufacturing it in the US instead of having to replace stuff constantly.

Last edited:

poobear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
IN
I here you on that Davcav, I have also return them back again and again, I had better luck out of the slim ones for a long time I have about 8 of the them and yes sad to say this was a good place but the products are bad and the money i have spent is a lost to me.But i have found a new place and oh man there batterys are awesome, nice they last me a long time which i switch out on the flavor im vaping that day. so sad to see it go down this way but like they say move on and that is what I'm doing for sure. So wi;; see you all around some day.Happy vaping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so long v4l

I here you on that Davcav, I have also return them back again and again, I had better luck out of the slim ones for a long time I have about 8 of the them and yes sad to say this was a good place but the products are bad and the money i have spent is a lost to me.But i have found a new place and oh man there batterys are awesome, nice they last me a long time which i switch out on the flavor im vaping that day. so sad to see it go down this way but like they say move on and that is what I'm doing for sure. So wi;; see you all around some day.Happy vaping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so long v4l

Well, I'll see how long those batteries will last and if I can get consistantly at least 5 hours out of each. Otherwise, I'll just forget about that company. I have these little Halo G6 cig-a-likes on the side and they go for about 2 to 3 hours so that's not bad considering they are only 280 mah. I screw a mini tank on the battery and it's good enough. At least, I know with those what to expect and they deliver. So if the Zeus can't keep up with 1300 mah, well then fahgettaboudit, I'll just carry around a few G6 and I'll be fine.

Have a great day.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
When all my smilomizers were lasting from about an hour to 2-3 days when they had been lasting at least a week each, and customer service pretty much blew me off and no assurance of replacements being better than the defective ones, I decided to change and at first I did the Halo G6 with mini carts. They worked well and were consistant and I got good use of them. They just didn't have the "oomph" I was looking for so I moved on to the Ego-C twist and Aspire CE5-clearomizer. I found the glass tanks too heavy and was always unscrewing both ends and losing e-juice.

So far for me the Ego/Aspire combo has been my new sweet spot, although when I want to be somewhat inconspicious I will go with the Halo G6's. Nothing but love for V4L however, as they were the company that got me off the smokes almost 6 years ago and I sincerely do hope they are able to get it back together...

Reactions: EleanorR

BLKDOLL

Mar 20, 2015
Hi update I got my 510 Smileomizer /808 thread with the chewy tips one of each. I like the 510 thread it fits on my istick, I also use the plastic 'condom' end cap as well Im still learning how much juice to use. I ordered 2 more of the 510 they work for me. BANN.png and it's pink!

Attachments

• MY TEAM.png
    MY TEAM.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 31

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    ya, I like the smileomeizer,,,but the last 6 I got well let say are not letting air flow throw,,,, so I just have to learn to stay away and give it up,,,,,i still have batterys just thou I would get some to get the life out of them,, but not worth it for sure gl

I recently received 2 of the new version 2 smileo's, so I am anxious to see how well they perform. Started one on 8.8.15, refilled it everyday, so far, so good. Using them has reminded me of something many of us asked about when the smileo's were 1st introduced. Since they have a usable shelf life and eventually have to be thrown away, it seems a shame to throw away the metal tip mouth piece. So, many of us didn't throw them away, we just recycled them, or kept a few around for extras if needed. What I would like to see from V4L, now that it appears they have worked the smileo issues out, is for them to sell the smileo-cart by itself, without the mouthpiece. No reason for us to have to get a new one with every smileo that we order.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2012
    Philly
    vaporreporter.wordpress.com
    I recently received 2 of the new version 2 smileo's, so I am anxious to see how well they perform. Started one on 8.8.15, refilled it everyday, so far, so good. Using them has reminded me of something many of us asked about when the smileo's were 1st introduced. Since they have a usable shelf life and eventually have to be thrown away, it seems a shame to throw away the metal tip mouth piece. So, many of us didn't throw them away, we just recycled them, or kept a few around for extras if needed. What I would like to see from V4L, now that it appears they have worked the smileo issues out, is for them to sell the smileo-cart by itself, without the mouthpiece. No reason for us to have to get a new one with every smileo that we order.
    I was the first one to call them smileo Ms K9Luvr. Which color did they send? Let us know how you fare with them. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

mcol

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 5, 2013
    Missouri
    I was about to order the v4l v-kit, but after all the bad reviews about the smileonizers and the batteries, I am not sure.
    Are the new v2 cartos better? and what about the batteries?
    Thank you
    Ab

Have never tried the v-kit but their stuff is over priced and doesn't have
    a good track record for reliability or durability. That's not to say the v-kit
    isn't any good, I just don't know. But if I may suggest something that
    is cheaper, and probably better: https://www.mtbakervapor.com/e-cig-starter-kits/kanger-evod-starter-kit/

Mt. Baker Vapor is a great place to start, their customer service is
    amazing, shipping very fast, and they offer good products at great
    prices. And they'll back up what they sell. Any of their starter kits
    I will recommend. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread