Erlkonigin and Clone Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss75

May 19, 2015
You could try and put up wanted ad pretty sure the Erlk is oldskool now for the airy sub ohm lung hitters! Someone was telling me the Ubertoot is to tight so with all the sub tanks there maybe a few stuck in vape boxes.

I only grabbed a Nano and Nano kit when they were available last year so would have no idea now there so 2014 where to source one. Still the most used vaped rta I have owned good flavour and a decent throat hit here.

Hope you find one somewhere!

74d66caf6f0b392a2bb23ee1bf0eab26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Where did you get that drip tip good sir...

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I impulse bought one of the five dollar angelcigs clones. How terrible is it? I'm basically expecting it to be made of pure evil and malevolence.

Don't sweat it. I can hook ya up with a genuine Voodoo Witch Doctor who "says" he is also a defrocked Priest if ya want. He can remove a Bad Juju Spirit Hex and perform an Exorcism at the same time. All for a Twenty and a live Chicken.
Didn't do much for a quirky Ti Test Firmware Issue but he did wonders for the little Dog's Psoriasis...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Don't sweat it. I can hook ya up with a genuine Voodoo Witch Doctor who "says" he is also a defrocked Priest if ya want. He can remove a Bad Juju Spirit Hex and perform an Exorcism at the same time. All for a Twenty and a live Chicken.
Didn't do much for a quirky Ti Test Firmware Issue but he did wonders for the little Dog's Psoriasis...

What quirk are you having?

I see others are having some problems, and I've been running this firmware for weeks :|

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
What quirk are you having?

I see others are having some problems, and I've been running this firmware for weeks :|

It is Twitchy and Jumpy and does not perform at the Temps it should based on Known and Informed Expectation. The Algorithm is "Off" and inaccurate. Also, it does fine set to higher Temps than it should work at (upper 400s*) for some but then gets lethargic for me on mine. It's not the Build or the Atty as the same Set UPS work steady and as expected when in Ni200 Profile set at about 100* F lower (290* F) than you would if on properly performing Ti Profile.
Most that it is working good for are fudging the Settings from what they "should be" anyways to be satisfied and perform acceptably. If I'm going to do such, I will stay on the Ni200 with Ti builds where it is known to perform great and evenly. I will wait for YiHi to correct/dial-in the Test Firmware & Algorithm then give it another whirl when hopefully I can discover and develop proper "Norms" of Operational Settings.

No Biggie and not knocking or hating on YiHi or the SXMM or Ti in the least. I love 'em.
Just choosing a practical & patient approach.

That being said and true, haven't really tried the EK alot on Ti Profile. Just about 20 toots or so at first to get an idea. Then right over to my usual Norms on Ni200 Profile and it kicked some buttock so why deviate from Awesome. Stay there for the time being and Vape On. Steady, Predictable, Reliable, and quite Tasty & Full.
It's All Good.

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I don't run Ni200 either (except for Ni200 OCC's in a STM every now and then).

I run Ti Builds on the SXMM in the Ni200 "Profile" at 18-20 J & @290* F (the standard 100* Variation determined and suggested by the original Ti Senseis as the "Norm" for firing Ti in Ni Mode on any TC Mod). It performs Marvelously & Predictably.
So again, I see absolutely Zero reason to spend the time to mess with and try and figure it all out and adapt to a "quirky" Firmware that will end up (hopefully) getting ironed-out & dialed-in eventually. Waste of time and effort to more than likely only achieve an "acceptable" Vape. I will just stay the current Course, enjoy AWESOME TC & Ti Vaping on the Ni200 Profile.
When the Final version of the YiHi Firmware materializes, I'll definitely look forward to updating and putting it to Use.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Wow, got my cheapo Angelcigs clone and at first I hated it. First toots tasted awful because of oil. A vinegar and detergent bath and a quick boil took care of that. Next couple builds gave me constant leaking, dry hits, and poor performance all around. I used too much wick and had not installed the tank buffer ring below the chimney. Took me three builds to get one that worked, but it was worth it. 1.3 ohms @ 4 volts with tight but conservative ramie wick gives flavor flavor on par with my Rose v2 but smaller and more convenient to fill. Looks great on the Provari with the ring. Not quite flush but it looks like it belongs where it sits. A perfect tootle puffer! And you can open it up enough to allow light lung hits. Such a smart design. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Ordering an erlprinz now. Does anyone know if the ibtanked glass tanks will fit the clone and the authentic? Or if there's anywhere to buy the nano kits?

Last edited:
If I Can't Buy One I'll Make The Darn Thing

I've been on a quest to get a "mini" for the last couple of months. Every time I think I've found one it has turned into a dead end. This last weekend was triple H in the north-east so I retreated to the basement and proceeded to carve up my spare EK. On one of my FT orders I picked up a glass tank for a Arctic Subtank. It is the same diameter as the EK and only 25.5mm long (the 4ml tank that came with the EK is 39mm long). I cut about 13mm out of the chimney and made a press fit bushing to hold the halves together. It was assembled using JB-Weld (non-toxic according to their website). The project came together this evening. Looking forward to putting this little guy into rotation. If my calculations are correct, it should hold about 2.5ml.

I'm sure now that I've gone to all the effort, the Hcigar mini will pop up everywhere for $10.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Wow, got my cheapo Angelcigs clone and at first I hated it. First toots tasted awful because of oil. A vinegar and detergent bath and a quick boil took care of that. Next couple builds gave me constant leaking, dry hits, and poor performance all around. I used too much wick and had not installed the tank buffer ring below the chimney. Took me three builds to get one that worked, but it was worth it. 1.3 ohms @ 4 volts with tight but conservative ramie wick gives flavor flavor on par with my Rose v2 but smaller and more convenient to fill. Looks great on the Provari with the ring. Not quite flush but it looks like it belongs where it sits. A perfect tootle puffer! And you can open it up enough to allow light lung hits. Such a smart design. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Ordering an erlprinz now. Does anyone know if the ibtanked glass tanks will fit the clone and the authentic? Or if there's anywhere to buy the nano kits?

On the glass, all you can do is try one and see. On my clone it almost fit. Then one day it cracked and imploded. I think due to stress from the top cap not fitting perfectly.

You can buy an authentic nano kit from i2r or intaste.de.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
On the glass, all you can do is try one and see. On my clone it almost fit. Then one day it cracked and imploded. I think due to stress from the top cap not fitting perfectly.

You can buy an authentic nano kit from i2r or intaste.de.
Roxy, you are impressive. Everywhere I go on this forum there you are with the knowledge. :thumbs:

I'm wanting the authentic but think I'll try out a copy first. Any suggestion on where to get a good one in the states?

Thanks

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread