Status
Not open for further replies.

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
I wonder if those coils are any better than similar coils that FT carries for 4 bucks. I ordered mine a long time ago and I like them, but I honestly prefer horizontal coils...

$4.89 Replacement Coil Heads for T3S / MT3 / MT3S / Protank and More (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have the coils you linked and they do work good but the VOCC for the Protank and more have a lot more flavor. The difference is really amazing. Now I know why so many people recoiled with cotton. Fasttech has the Authentic Kanger VOCC for a really good price. I believe they are about $6 a pack.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
How did he train his cat to do that much cleanup?

I took another dead coil apart to check the build.
View attachment 475735
I do not know how long that coil lasted but it was certainly well used!

I think the next time I order from fasttech I will also get some pre-coiled with silica wicks and try rebuilding with a dual coil setup - it will be awhile. I found a video from lightning vapes that showed how to do a dual rebuild on a kanger coil - coil/wick for spacing/coil The GS Air should be the same. I hate rebuilding with silica because you have to wrap around it - it is nearly impossible to thread into a coil. I think the silica might be what gives me the long lasting coil that I get from the FT coils.

I am curious to hear what the life span is for the new cotton coils.
Those coils are incinerated now I know how people get two weeks when I get two days haha

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
proxy.php

poor tweety ;)

How are people doing with these GS air tanks using high VG juices? I have to use high VG juices,

i'm using as close to 100% vg as i can get in the ms tanks without a problem :thumb:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
poor tweety ;)

i'm using as close to 100% vg as i can get in the ms tanks without a problem :thumb:
Thanks for this info, Tibs! I have several high VG juices on the way to me and was worried how they would perform in the Airs. :banana:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
DIY all VG and does fine in the Air tanks...which surprised me.
That's right, now I remember. OK, then, no worries on the high VG working well .... or should that be WICKING well!?!:)

How are all my airhead friends doing today?? Summer has finally come to stay in Michigan - we've been seeing 85 - 90 degree temps and sunshine for over a week now. I could get used to this.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
All VG in my DIY, sometimes thinned a little with a couple of drops of distilled water, depending on the vapor production I'm after (or not after, more accurately). Works fine in the M, MS, and GS Tank. I WILL say that the Tank is a whole lot easier to fill. Other than that, no noticeable difference other than aesthetics and slightly improved build quality... oh, and the solid, non-vented 510 pin.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I guess I'll try just adding a few drops. I don't DIY my juice yet so I'll add more or less depending on the nic level of each juice. Thanks. :)

FWIW I bought WTA, unflavored, mixed it with the liquids I was vaping and didn't notice any difference at all.

Realize the WTA discussion is a little "old". (I'm only on page 547.)(So many threads to follow...so little time...)

Because the WTA was somewhat expensive...I wanted to make sure it had a noticeable effect for me.

So...I put the 24mg. WTA Snickerdoodle in a T3S on an old Spinner. After 15-20 puffs I was CONVINCED!

Now (after about 3 months)...I vape regular nicotine ejuice throughout the day (I still love nicotine)...but when the "fog" begins (say every 8-12 hours) I vape 5-10 puffs from my T3S and life is wonderful once again.

Snickerdoodle infused with WTA E-Cigarette Refill

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Realize the WTA discussion is a little "old". (I'm only on page 547.)(So many threads to follow...so little time...)

Because the WTA was somewhat expensive...I wanted to make sure it had a noticeable effect for me.

So...I put the 24mg. WTA Snickerdoodle in a T3S on an old Spinner. After 15-20 puffs I was CONVINCED!

Now (after about 3 months)...I vape regular nicotine ejuice throughout the day (I still love nicotine)...but when the "fog" begins (say every 8-12 hours) I vape 5-10 puffs from my T3S and life is wonderful once again.

Snickerdoodle infused with WTA E-Cigarette Refill
Yep... WTA is good stuff...

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Moreso with the newer coils... 100% VG with the older coils hit fine around 18 watts... I never could consistently vape it at 20 watts without some dry hits (prebuilt coils, that is... rebuilt coils in the older housings generally hit around 20 watts just fine). With the newer coils, I've vaped 100% VG consistently at 25+ watts... a bit too warm for my taste, but doable. They'll vape 80%VG consistency at 30+ watts, all day... again, crazy warm. I settled in at 20-22 watts, depending on my battery of choice.

Same is true of the GS Tank... with the 1.2 ohm coils, I hit the same wattage range as the MS with the same results. On the 40W TC, I'm hitting it at 22 watts, generally (both tanks... yes, the TC coils and new cotton coils all work fine in the M, MS, and Tank... I don't own a GS Air, but I imagine it's fine, too). With the TC coils, the 40W TC defaults to 40 watts, but I settled in at 430 degrees F. Nice vape. Not sure if I'll get too many more TC coils, though... I still think temp control is better suited to tanks intended to run at sub ohm resistance... I never really had any dry hit issues on the Air line to begin with, so the vape quality hasn't changed much for me, other than that I can keep the tempurature cosistent per my mood, now. Temp control really shines on the likes of sub ohm clearos that had a perpensity to dry hit like the Subtanks (which incidentally run GREAT on the 40W TC at 510 degrees).

Those gold plated firing pins are nice, though... Maybe one more pack for rebuild fodder. Feline zombocalypse, and all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread