IPV D2 announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yep, I've seen posts too that say sigelei has inhouse chips but I've found no proof of that.

Well, the mods I've bought with Yihi chips stated so in the specifications. The ones that are apparently using inhouse chips either don't say what chip it is, or they don't state its a Yihi chip. So it does seem some of them are at least not Yihi chips.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Crxess, there were some other ipv things besides the charging boards. The touch sensors autofiring from moisture, including humidity or just some peoples' skin.

And minor things like bowed doors, or the lip of the door sticking up off the top of the mod so some attys couldn't screw down into the 510 connector.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Well, the mods I've bought with Yihi chips stated so in the specifications. The ones that are apparently using inhouse chips either don't say what chip it is, or they don't state its a Yihi chip. So it does seem some of them are at least not Yihi chips.

Could be that or could be they are just not telling you it's a Yihi chip... I would think if they had their own chip they would want you to know and would be proud to say so... Who knows?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Could be that or could be they are just not telling you it's a Yihi chip... I would think if they had their own chip they would want you to know and would be proud to say so... Who knows?
That seems a bit strange though, considering that having s Yihi chip is a selling point (just like having an Evolv chip is).

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
From 101Vape:

*UPDATE*

7-28-15 As of last night Pioneer 4you is saying they will ship out 8-2-15. So far they have shipped a few sample units but to our knowledge nobody has yet received a full shipment. We thank you for your patience and we are working to get the IPV D2's in as quick as possible.

Reactions: roxynoodle

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Loving it so far, the V2 SubTank tops the D2 nicely.
49FCBE97-E459-42C0-A5C6-427703C87264.jpg

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Well in my case the price plays no part because my $50 Kangxin Mini VF hits harder than my $190 VS rDNA. This is true for power mode as well as TC mode. The ramp up is better/faster on the Kangxin and no it's not overpowered.

Well, that's a comparison to the VS..not the Sx Mini :)

I spent a few weeks with the Kangxin Mini. Nice little device for the price (talked my friend into buying one over the new Istick he wanted last week), but i'd debate it's actual accuracy. Plus going back to my initial point, if you have that and the SX Mini sitting on your desk, you certainly won't be reaching for the Kangxin first to do your TC vaping.

In all fairness here though, i'm personally kinda getting over the TC thing myself given my vaping style is starting to drift more towards higher power kanthal setups. So in that regard the SX mini is certainly losing some of it's top end price appeal to me. Leaving the extra watts, smaller form factor, and even it's charging method on the IPV D2 is looking pretty good to me.

As long as it hits similar on X watts as the SX Mini does ;)

Reactions: MegaVap

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Sigelei tends not to release their mods until they are satisfied they have them right, while P4U most certainly has released mods that had serious issues.

Sigelei is not without fault. The all copper adjustable pin on the first run of Sigelei 100w was horrible - super soft and poor threading. After adjusting a few times, and using a few different atties, the tiny copper pins just got mangled and chewed up, leading to resistance jumping all over.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
What is the Eco mode, and what does it do?

Eco mode is basically a power setting that allows you to limit battery usage. As far as my limited knowledge i can tell, mostly from having the display screen shut back off a few seconds after a fire instead of staying lit up for the usual X amount of time. Rather small detail but it can and does make a noteworthy difference, especially the lower watts or Js one vapes at. On my Lemo Drop and vaping at 22J or so, it more or less gave me 1/3 more vape time out of my new sony Vtc5s.

The initial (1 second?) ramp up wattage options are pretty nice too, which i just started using. Vaping a clapton coil on my Velocity right that i like at 48w, but the ramp up feels kind of slow? NP, just set it to powerful+ and i'm gtg.

Enough of that talk though. Kinda ...... on my new shiny parade here, and talking about this stuff is starting to make me question the need to spend another $50 on a mod. It's TINY and i want one! :)

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Yup, just be ready to wait a while, and hope someone comes out with a wrap for it soon, before all the black finish flakes off.

Well, hopefully the non test units actually include the silicone case.

And that it's black. None of this clear crap.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
IPV = Chevrolet
SX Mini M Class = Cadillac (The Caddy Daddy! Who's Your Daddy IPV?) :lol:

I will probably buy the IPV D2 as a work mod or a beater but no way it replaces the Mini. For the price of the IPV D2 it will be a solid little mod for rough use for me
Our work trucks are basically all chevy's. So that's a good way to put it. And I'm always rough on my mods. So I don't trust myself to have a mini

Reactions: jstrong

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Sigelei is not without fault. The all copper adjustable pin on the first run of Sigelei 100w was horrible - super soft and poor threading. After adjusting a few times, and using a few different atties, the tiny copper pins just got mangled and chewed up, leading to resistance jumping all over.

They sent me SS replacement ones. I used one of those for 8 months in mine, but then decided to put a Varitube 510 on it.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Our work trucks are basically all chevy's. So that's a good way to put it. And I'm always rough on my mods. So I don't trust myself to have a mini
Where I use to work we had Chevy work trucks as well. They were cheap and we beat them all to hell. I couldn't imagine them giving us a Escalade Truck to beat around in

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
In all fairness here though, i'm personally kinda getting over the TC thing myself given my vaping style is starting to drift more towards higher power kanthal setups. So in that regard the SX mini is certainly losing some of it's top end price appeal to me. Leaving the extra watts, smaller form factor, and even it's charging method on the IPV D2 is looking pretty good to me.

I’m not yet sold on Temp Control. I think it works, even in this relatively early stage of this new technology, but it hasn’t yet improved my vaping experience in any way that's sufficiently obvious or significant to win me over as a firm convert.

I currently have four TC boxes: a SnowWolf TC200 V1, a Sigelei TC75, a Dovpo TC50, and an iStick TC40, with an iPV D2 on order from efuntop. I’ve had the SnowWolf and Dovpo for about a month, while the Sigelei and iStick are newer, with about ten days of use.

All are outfitted with nickel-coiled atomizers: the SnowWolf and Dovpo have RTAs with home-wound 28ga annealed coils (a Cthulhu dual coil at 0.07 ohms, and a Taifun GT-T V2 single coil at 0.15 ohms), while the Sigelei has a Smok VCT tank using a .25 ohm factory nickel head, and the iStick has a Magma dripper with a single 28ga, 0.17 ohm annealed coil. I’ve got a coil of tempered nickel now, but haven’t tried it yet, and I haven’t ordered any Titanium wire yet. I probably will at some point.

All four mods work effectively in TC mode, although the Dovpo doesn’t provide a satisfying vape with a cold coil, so I reset it once the coil heats up. Both the SnowWolf and Sigelei perform beautifully, and even the little iStick does the job simply but effectively, especially with a dripper.

I’m in no position to judge the experience of the many vapers here and on other vaping forums who say that they get better flavor and a more consistent vape with TC. All I can say is that I don’t notice any significant difference in either flavor or consistency. My vaping was wonderful without TC and is good with it. I don’t use dripping RDAs primarily, so I don’t deal with dry hits much, except when there’s a problem wicking a tank correctly, which is rare. I’m not a high-wattage vaper, staying mostly in the 25-40 watt range for most of my RTAs and sub-ohm tanks, with an occasional foray into the 50s (Starre tank). As a result, avoiding dry hits is not a major preoccupation for me. As for consistency, that’s simply not been a problem for years and is even less so now that the hardware has improved so much.

Perhaps I’m missing out by not buying an SX-Mini M Class, but the price tag has kept me on the sidelines for that one. Although I’m happy with the TC performance of my current four boxes, I’m hoping that the iPV D2 will get me a bit closer to the SX Mini ball park. If not, I've still had a good time scratching the itch of shinyitis and GAS.

Who knows? Perhaps TC will eventually win me over. So far, though, the jury is still out.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I’m not yet sold on Temp Control. I think it works, even in this relatively early stage of this new technology, but it hasn’t yet improved my vaping experience in any way that's sufficiently obvious or significant to win me over as a firm convert.

I currently have four TC boxes: a SnowWolf TC200 V1, a Sigelei TC75, a Dovpo TC50, and an iStick TC40, with an iPV D2 on order from efuntop. I’ve had the SnowWolf and Dovpo for about a month, while the Sigelei and iStick are newer, with about ten days of use.

You mention not being satisfied by TC but then you go on to mention devices that are pretty horrible at it. Don't expect to be amazed with it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yep, I've seen posts too that say Sigelei has inhouse chips but I've found no proof of that.

Well I cam bounce that assumption, at least partially as the Sigelei Mini had the same chip as the IPV Mini(released first) and Both used the YIHI SX130 Chip in the Mod.

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Perhaps I’m missing out by not buying an SX-Mini M Class, but the price tag has kept me on the sidelines for that one. Although I’m happy with the TC performance of my current four boxes, I’m hoping that the iPV D2 will get me a bit closer to the SX Mini ball park. If not, I've still had a good time scratching the itch of shinyitis and GAS.

Who knows? Perhaps TC will eventually win me over. So far, though, the jury is still out.

While what Soulseek stated above is true (imo), i can still relate pretty well with where you are coming from there. TC had it's moments for me, but if that OMG this is awesome flavor and a fantastic experience moment wasn't happening for you before, the step up to SX Mini quality isn't likely to change that imo. Personally, i don't see such a huge difference between TC and non-TC vaping. Never had much of a problem with dry hits to begin with, and probably even like the taste of kanthal a little better (i definitely like dry burning my coils better).

So for somebody like you who is not completely sold yet, i'd suggest sticking with the IPV D2 first and steer you away from the SX Mini. Unless and like i eluded to earlier, you are the type that doesn't have an issue paying the high premium for a few extra convenience features.

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread