Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
upload_2015-7-28_9-32-6.png

OK, @EvlSmrk (who has been doing the awesome modeling work for this project) is also going to change the buttons on the original beta size mod to be the same round buttons as the larger model. I will then investigate the possibility of offering both sizes. I am hoping the machinist will allow me to mix/match both sizes to count towards MOQ, but that is yet to be determined.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oh, and I asked/begged Evolv to sell me a batch of their 510 connectors. Its a long shot, but I figured the worst they can do is say "no".

I am telling you, these are far superior to anything else currently available.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
On a varitube 510, is it OK for the brass cap on the bottom to be touching wire along with the spring? can't get it slid down along the silicone
Yes it will be at the same voltage via the spring, but I just opened the hole in the cap with a drill bit (2.5 mm IIRC) and the silicon insulation on 14 AWG fitted thorough OK.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
View attachment 475857

OK, @EvlSmrk (who has been doing the awesome modeling work for this project) is also going to change the buttons on the original beta size mod to be the same round buttons as the larger model. I will then investigate the possibility of offering both sizes. I am hoping the machinist will allow me to mix/match both sizes to count towards MOQ, but that is yet to be determined.

Oh, and I asked/begged Evolv to sell me a batch of their 510 connectors. Its a long shot, but I figured the worst they can do is say "no".

I am telling you, these are far superior to anything else currently available.

Woo hoo!!
:thumbs:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I "WILL" be able to include Evolv
Looks like I have a bummed screen. Only works when I push down to the point where it's touching the board
Are you sure it is inserted all the way?
Is the latch fully down?

Can you post a pic?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
OK Folks, here is how I am going to work this. I dont want to open the discussion thread until I actually have something more than a rendering to show. Once I get the drawings I will get a single sample of each size made. That will take 2-3 weeks. I will then assemble it and assuming it is as good to go as we think, I will then open a Discussion thread.

Right now I am targeting a complete kit including a DNA200 board (optional), 850Mah or 1350mAh enclosure, Evolv 510, SS buttons, and all screws needed. Folks would need to supply their own wire and Lipo.

Oh, and BTW, I am going on vacation next week so dont be surprised if I go off the grid.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Tried a different screen and it works.
Also getting check battery and a flashing screen but my pos and negative looks solid
Using a multi-meter, what do voltage readings of the individual cells, and the whole pack tell you? What does Escribe say? How do the 2 compare?

Reactions: SlickWilly

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Been making a little bit of progress on my first DNA200 mod. Here is a picture of the milled buttons and rear cover. Still lot's to do but thought some of you might like to check it out. The buttons are black titanium and the front and rear covers are black and white M3 Mokume.

Concept:

eYzf2fL.png

Milled Parts

wPBdAw0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread