Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I don't see why you couldn't have one at 0 V, but the other would have to be 3 - 4.2 V and have a balance connection from it.
If one battery had the positive to the cap the whole case would be getting that batteries positive voltage which would include the other cap. So the ground for the 510 would have a problem so to speak.
The bridge between the two batteries would need to be isolated fom the case. And that would be doable easy enough.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
FYI...John posted this a few minutes ago in the EA Forum...... re: reference cases from Evolv:

We will either have reference cases for sale or we will case up boards and have reference mods for sale. Possibly/likely both at various times. I have a couple hundred cases at the moment that I will need to do something with. But we are primarily a board manufacturer, we can make about 20 times as many dna 200s as we can make reference cases, so case and mod availability directly from us will be pretty spotty.

EDIT: Just noticed Evolv now has DNA200's available on their web site (click DNA200 on the heading). Also there you have a lot of "clickables" for alot of things to do with it such as downloads, data sheets, forums, and etc.,

Evolv Inc - DNA 200

Last edited:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
If the flask goes DNA 200 it will probably have to be abit bigger and get modded in design quite abit. Not sure if VF is willing to do that. But the future shall show us.

Also yay dna 40. Take out the battery out of my vaporshark to put in my wife's new subox. It doesn't boot up. I shove the VTC4 in my charger. 0.87 volts. doesn't charge. put it back in and suddenly 1.74 volts and now it stabilized to like 2.4ish and is charging. Jesus christ this battery was fully fully charged two weeks ago and I didn't even use the mod.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If the flask goes DNA 200 it will probably have to be abit bigger and get modded in design quite abit. Not sure if VF is willing to do that. But the future shall show us.

Also yay dna 40. Take out the battery out of my vaporshark to put in my wife's new subox. It doesn't boot up. I shove the VTC4 in my charger. 0.87 volts. doesn't charge. put it back in and suddenly 1.74 volts and now it stabilized to like 2.4ish and is charging. Jesus christ this battery was fully fully charged two weeks ago and I didn't even use the mod.

Weird that it only seems to be the VS that overdrains the battery. At least I haven't heard of any other DNA40 mods doing that. Evolv should have solid protection in place, so what is VS doing to screw that up?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

Weird that it only seems to be the VS that overdrains the battery. At least I haven't heard of any other DNA40 mods doing that. Evolv should have solid protection in place, so what is VS doing to screw that up?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

You might want to contact Druckle (Duane) his VF DNA 40 was doing that and it turned out to be a bad USB charging port.

Reactions: KTMRider

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Honestly all this is making me do is confirm that I don't want to touch any vaporshark mods anymore. Horrible paintjob. customer service essentially telling me to get lost even though they admit that there are cases of bad paint. Issues with devices not firing on it(spring in the 510 issue probably) and now it dangerously draining the battery even though the device isn't being used.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Honestly all this is making me do is confirm that I don't want to touch any vaporshark mods anymore. Horrible paintjob. customer service essentially telling me to get lost even though they admit that there are cases of bad paint. Issues with devices not firing on it(spring in the 510 issue probably) and now it dangerously draining the battery even though the device isn't being used.

Darkly,

Just want to make sure my statement didn't mislead but the discharging battery was an Evolv USB charger nothing to do with the Mod makers.

Reactions: BNEAT

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Darkly,

Just want to make sure my statement didn't mislead but the discharging battery was an Evolv USB charger nothing to do with the Mod makers.
Ah. Still makes me wonder. how can a usb charger deplete a battery anyway?

But still these type of weird issues always seem to pop up with vaporshark. For me the killing point is still the customer service(which according to others is great for chip related stuff but anything other than that they are horrible). - Out of 10,000 rDNA40's, less than half of 1% have experienced issues with paint-mike. They acknowledge that there is a group of people with paintjobs issues they even say how my case is bizarre. And judging by comments on a topic I made a pretty long time ago it seems like paint issues is the main problem with VS.

A 200 dollar US made shouldn't have half the mod showing bare metal from one month of 90% desk usage.

But eh this is a old story and I have learned my lesson of buying US made mods.

Reactions: ZeroOhm

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Ah. Still makes me wonder. how can a usb charger deplete a battery anyway?

But still these type of weird issues always seem to pop up with vaporshark. For me the killing point is still the customer service(which according to others is great for chip related stuff but anything other than that they are horrible). - Out of 10,000 rDNA40's, less than half of 1% have experienced issues with paint-mike. They acknowledge that there is a group of people with paintjobs issues they even say how my case is bizarre. And judging by comments on a topic I made a pretty long time ago it seems like paint issues is the main problem with VS.

A 200 dollar US made shouldn't have half the mod showing bare metal from one month of 90% desk usage.

But eh this is a old story and I have learned my lesson of buying US made mods.

Darkly,

Well the USB charger is connected directly to the battery and if it has a short someplace it can pull a fair amount of current.

Anyway on the paint job issue I was interested in the new VS/VF they are selling and had concerns about the paint. So I called them and the guy I spoke to said that they have started anodizing the metal underneath so if some of the rubberized paint does wear off it won't show as much because the metal underneath is anodized black. (don't take this as gospel it was just what the young fellow I spoke with said)

As far as paint goes My YiHi m class has started to chip a little. I am not real happy about it but I never thought "paint" was a good finish to use on a Mod so my expectations were never that high from the get go. I sure wish they would go back to Stainless Steel like in the olden days. That way even if it gets scratched you can easily polish it out. Oh and underneath the black paint on the YiHi it is zinc (silver color) so any little chip stands out like a sore thumb.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

Now that's a pretty major development!

Whatever anyones opinion on Evolv is, they gotta admit they're handling the launch of this chip in an amazingly informative/flexible fashion.

I mean what other major manufacturers can you ask direct questions of/get replies back from the person who engineered the chip and the owner of the company?

And the replies aren't taking days they're taking hours...

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium

Whatever anyones opinion on Evolv is, they gotta admit they're handling the launch of this chip in an amazingly informative/flexible fashion.

I mean what other major manufacturers can you ask direct questions of/get replies back from the person who engineered the chip and the owner of the company?

wait are you telling me that now I can essentially just ditch the lipo idea and just go for 18650s in my build?

Tempting.

Reactions: xtwosm0kesx

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
wait are you telling me that now I can essentially just ditch the lipo idea and just go for 18650s in my build?

Tempting.

Looks like it may become just another option.

EDIT: For those searching for a battery pack ....Just noticed that the LiPo pack used in the reference devices is now available on Evolv's web site under DNA200. My understanding is that the wires are routed such that it makes it easier for fitment in the case. There are lots of places to grab a battery pack so this is just another option.

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

I had an issue with one of my DNA200 boards (resistor knocked off causing bad lipo voltage readings). I pm'd John on their forum and he overnighted a new board w/o proof of purchase or anything. I wasn't even expecting it and it just showed up.

My 8+ month old VS rDNA40 still looks like new except for 2 very small chips on top by the battery door. I've had nothing but great experiences with VS and their mods (4 of them). I had to work with their CS and they were great too. My Hana V200 should be here Thurs but I'm still going to get a VS DNA200. I might have to get rid of a few DNA40 mods. I'll probably get rid of the Boxer too. Really not a fan of the SX350j.

Reactions: Woofer

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I might have to get rid of a few DNA40 mods.
Lead me not into Temptation. Lead me not into Temptation. Lead me not into Temptation.

Anyone already built a mod with this nice piece?
Lid (1590G) DNA200 (XWPJ6VDUX) by redwolfe90

Looking for a 1590G right now but I don't want a genuine Hammond because of the lean. The Alpinetech 1590G+ is slightly bigger and has magnets instead of screws. And Modcrate is pretty much sold out on their 1590G CNC cases :lol:

Using a 2S LiPo sound nice regarding size. Not really a fan of dual 18650 (or triple or quadruple or whatever) since I already see myself ....ing up the marriage and keep on buying new 18650's over and over.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Lead me not into Temptation. Lead me not into Temptation. Lead me not into Temptation.

Anyone already built a mod with this nice piece?
Lid (1590G) DNA200 (XWPJ6VDUX) by redwolfe90

Looking for a 1590G right now but I don't want a genuine Hammond because of the lean. The Alpinetech 1590G+ is slightly bigger and has magnets instead of screws. And Modcrate is pretty much sold out on their 1590G CNC cases :lol:

Using a 2S LiPo sound nice regarding size. Not really a fan of dual 18650 (or triple or quadruple or whatever) since I already see myself ....ing up the marriage and keep on buying new 18650's over and over.
How's the Cloupor DNA40? I almost regretted selling it. That was one of the last ones I built. Now that I have a DNA200, it eases the pain of getting rid of a DNA40. My favorite mod is still my rDNA40 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread