Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have a question for the rebuilders...where do you get the rayon for wicking? My husband (non-vapor) is thinking about rebuilding coils for me until I'm able to do them myself. I need wicking material and we are looking for a magnifying light.

You can also find it on eBay (in smaller quantities). Many e-cig vendors also carry rayon. Don't buy a huge box until/unless you're sure you like rayon. I don't really care for it myself... I can taste it. I much prefer cotton.

This is the least expensive of the good magnifying glasses:

Amazon.com: Carson MagniLamp LED Lighted 2x Hand Held or Hands Free Hobby Magnifier with Flexible Gooseneck to use for Reading, Crafts, Soldering, Model Building, Jewelry, Inspection of Coins, Stamps and other Tasks and Hobbies For a Work Bench or Desk Top (GN-55): Sports & Outdoors

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
You can also find it on eBay (in smaller quantities). Many e-cig vendors also carry rayon. Don't buy a huge box until/unless you're sure you like rayon. I don't really care for it myself... I can taste it. I much prefer cotton.

This is the least expensive of the good magnifying glasses:

Amazon.com: Carson MagniLamp LED Lighted 2x Hand Held or Hands Free Hobby Magnifier with Flexible Gooseneck to use for Reading, Crafts, Soldering, Model Building, Jewelry, Inspection of Coins, Stamps and other Tasks and Hobbies For a Work Bench or Desk Top (GN-55): Sports & Outdoors
Hi Birdie.
Hopefully at least you still luv me... :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Totally the opposite from Katya...I can taste cotton. Doesn't matter how expensive or vendor, it just has a taste to me.

Exactly right... That's why I always recommend trying everything first. It's funny how our taste buds are different.

I like Japanese cotton and I don't mind regular silica wicks--but it has to be amorphous silica, though, as in silica rope.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Never used Nichrome, so I can't say whether it works on this mod... I'd imagine it works just the same as on any other mod, though.

Have you ever used ready-made coils? If so, you have used Nichrome. :)

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
So, the GS Tank has air flow only on one side of the AFC ring, but seems to move just as much air as the M and MS tanks... bigger holes and whatnot. Here's the thing... it's quieter. Nowhere near as much hissing. I like!

:banana::banana::banana:

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
I've had the 1.2 ohm cotton coils for about a week and put them in 2 of my tanks. They are working great and have better flavor in the M. I prefer the GS Air but with the new coils I'm finding the GS M to be just as good. I can't say anything about leaking since this particular tank has always leaked ever since I got it. My other GS M works fine.

I've been waiting to see if they last as long as the original coils. They have lasted a lot longer than the Kanger or Nautilus cotton coils. I had to change them in about a week while the Eleaf 1.2 is still working great.

I did stock up on original coils. I really hope they don't get rid of them. I also gave my Fasttech coils another try and I can't tell which tank I used them in so I'm thinking about ordering a bunch more.

Off Topic: if you have any Kanger tanks the new cotton coils are great. I put a VOCC in my Aerotank and cranked it up to 13 watts. Flavor is amazing and no dry hits or burnt taste. I also have the new Nautilus cotton coils and they are a big improvement. Vaping it at 10 watts. Big improvement in the flavor, too.

I envy those that have an ADV! I have over 30 flavors I love and 15 that I switch between all day. I vape Ahlusion and there are just too many flavors that I can't live without. I have Saturday Morning (Fruit Loops) in the tank with the 1.2 ohm cotton coil.

So many good juices out there, too little time! Is what I always say, dang it, how unsimple can life be?

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
New tank, new TC istick 40W, new .15 ohm coil = almost heaven!!! The istick is easy to use, the tank is easy to fill, smooth draws, good airflow, easy adjustment... Well worth the money and the wait! I want more!!! Tanks and 40W isticks! :)
:banana::banana::banana:.............I Want A New Juice

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
New tank, new TC istick 40W, new .15 ohm coil = almost heaven!!! The istick is easy to use, the tank is easy to fill, smooth draws, good airflow, easy adjustment... Well worth the money and the wait! I want more!!! Tanks and 40W isticks! :)

I think in 1 Post you just Killed my Vape Budget.

LOL

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I think in 1 Post you just Killed my Vape Budget.

LOL
Sorry! :( There are lots of the 40W isticks on sale now. You already have the tanks so just buy a pack of coils and you're set. And trust me...I know all about vape budgets. This purchase took mine out until September.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry! :( There are lots of the 40W isticks on sale now. You already have the tanks so just buy a pack of coils and you're set. And trust me...I know all about vape budgets. This purchase took mine out until September.

My problem is I couldn't Imagine just Buying the Nickel Heads when I can get the New GS-Tank and 2 Heads for this Price...

$11.93 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$11.93 ? How can they do this to Me? I think I paid More for Shipping on my First Starter Kit than this Entire GS-Tank Setup.

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - My Budget is out into September also.

September 2016 that is.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread