Esquare and DNA40 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorTEH

May 2, 2014
La Quinta CA
Hi, I'm posting this looking for help with some technical problems I'm having.
Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated.

So recently i bought a second hand Esquare DNA40 by lost vapes. The seller had good feedback and all was good. I received the product in like new condition with a pair of married batteries. I charged them full popped them in, threw on my subtank and things have been golden for going on two weeks. Only taking the batteries out to charged them and putting them in when it comes to doing anything with the mod. Today i took off the tank (Ive only used one atty thus far) and go to throw on my freakshow mini and the positive pin did not make connection. That's weird, the pin is supposed to be spring loaded.. I look in the 510 and see that the pin is stuck and doesn't pop back up. After poking it a little with a qtip and getting nowhere i gently opened up the mod (i have little experience with this type of electrical equipment).

So first thing i notice is there is a plastic part that secures the spring in place to allow the positive pin to spring back up in the 510 and its broken.. its a threaded plastic piece that screws into another threaded plastic piece, both are slightly broken, one beyond repair, making it so that if i want to use a different atomizer i have to go into the guts and push the positive pin up manually (that cant be good to do often). So gently taking a look around i also noticed that the back of the DNA40 chip on the square metal piece (the heart of the chip i would guess) has what seems to be almost like a residue or rust. I have never seen anything like it before. I'm assuming juice? or something else got in through the button and sat there?

So my concerns are my options in getting the plastic piece fixed to make the 510 work or another solution.. I don't solder so i I'm afraid to do anything other then look around in fear i damage something and cant use it. And i cant find much information on getting it fixed by the company (any help in putting me in contact them by phone or email would be great). But also if your a experienced modder or builder with skills and want to help your fellow man pro-bono or little compensation/trades that would also be great.

Second concern is the chip having that residue/rust stuff and if i should be worried.

I can take pictures if i have to. Like i said i want to avoid moving or touching anything in fear of damaging something or voiding warranty (if there is one, im not sure). Thank you very much for reading i look forward to all your responses.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I wonder if it broke in your possession or if it was broken when you received it. It is possible that the pin was pushed up a bit prior to you receiving it so when you installed your atty it made good connection until you installed an atty with a shorter set positive pin.

You could use epoxy to "glue" the plastic piece back in place maybe?

I can't say for certain what the rust like substance is and therefore cant attest to its safety or lack there of.

Pictures could certainly make it easier for myself and others to help you.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Hi, I'm posting this looking for help with some technical problems I'm having.
Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated.

So recently i bought a second hand Esquare DNA40 by lost vapes. The seller had good feedback and all was good. I received the product in like new condition with a pair of married batteries. I charged them full popped them in, threw on my subtank and things have been golden for going on two weeks. Only taking the batteries out to charged them and putting them in when it comes to doing anything with the mod. Today i took off the tank (Ive only used one atty thus far) and go to throw on my freakshow mini and the positive pin did not make connection. That's weird, the pin is supposed to be spring loaded.. I look in the 510 and see that the pin is stuck and doesn't pop back up. After poking it a little with a qtip and getting nowhere i gently opened up the mod (i have little experience with this type of electrical equipment).

So first thing i notice is there is a plastic part that secures the spring in place to allow the positive pin to spring back up in the 510 and its broken.. its a threaded plastic piece that screws into another threaded plastic piece, both are slightly broken, one beyond repair, making it so that if i want to use a different atomizer i have to go into the guts and push the positive pin up manually (that cant be good to do often). So gently taking a look around i also noticed that the back of the DNA40 chip on the square metal piece (the heart of the chip i would guess) has what seems to be almost like a residue or rust. I have never seen anything like it before. I'm assuming juice? or something else got in through the button and sat there?

So my concerns are my options in getting the plastic piece fixed to make the 510 work or another solution.. I don't solder so i I'm afraid to do anything other then look around in fear i damage something and cant use it. And i cant find much information on getting it fixed by the company (any help in putting me in contact them by phone or email would be great). But also if your a experienced modder or builder with skills and want to help your fellow man pro-bono or little compensation/trades that would also be great.

Second concern is the chip having that residue/rust stuff and if i should be worried.

I can take pictures if i have to. Like i said i want to avoid moving or touching anything in fear of damaging something or voiding warranty (if there is one, im not sure). Thank you very much for reading i look forward to all your responses.

Realize this is an old post, Im left to assume that since you're not the original owner, that the warranty is voided, but always worth investigating, never hurts to ask.

If you could upload a pick of the 510/interals with the internal plastic removed we can try to determine if they've used an off the shelf 510 or a custom made one. If its off the shelf or similar you may be able to replace it with a Fattdaddy or VT 15mm 510.

Regarding the discoloration, AFAIK all Evolv chips have a coating applied to the chip to protect it from moisture/juice, so it's unlikely (but not impossible) that what you're seeing is rust.

Best of luck!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
510 centerpin problems are still with us here in the vape world.
I get around the problem by having a 10 pack of m21x1 topcaps which I leave permanenty attached to attys/tanks/toppers.

Also, and off topic somewhat, I have recently received a 3d rda which I now use on my nemesis; no 510 pin problems to worry about.

Snapshot 1 (2015-Jul-28 07-08 PM).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread