Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Funny thing though is without checking, you will NOT know. The flavor does not taste like gunk, although the coils may look nasty.

Agree...been using the same coil for two weeks now, no noticeable difference in taste...generally fill the tank three times a day.

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
I'm really trying to like this tank. I think I'm just so used to the performance and flavor of the Starre. I'm using the same liquids but they taste a lil different...I've heard that's because of the steel coils. Then the airflow seems strange...like wide open, it's like something inside disrupting the clean intake pull during the inhale. I have no idea where to find the sweet spot on these dual .5 coils. On the Starre, I knew my ADV was great between 35-38w. These coils seem like they demand way more power, so I jack it up more but it still tastes different. I have the rba deck coming today so I'll see if I like building on this tank more than the premade coils. I don't know man...Everyone, everywhere seems to think this is the end all be all tank :unsure:

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
When I first got this tank, I thought the flavor was a little bit behind the Starre. However, after using both for the past 2 months or so, I actually prefer the flavor of the Crown, so it's the better tank of the 2 for me. The Starre is no slouch though. Crown edges it slightly for better flavor, longer lasting coils, and top-fill. I find the .5 coils best at 43.1w. YMMV. I was actually really looking forward to the Starre Pro but backed away after hearing of all of the leaking problems.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
When I first got this tank, I thought the flavor was a little bit behind the Starre. However, after using both for the past 2 months or so, I actually prefer the flavor of the Crown, so it's the better tank of the 2 for me. The Starre is no slouch though. Crown edges it slightly for better flavor, longer lasting coils, and top-fill. I find the .5 coils best at 43.1w. YMMV. I was actually really looking forward to the Starre Pro but backed away after hearing of all of the leaking problems.

A little off topic here and there, sorry about that guys/gals..

We meet again, ah that dastardly Crown looks like it still takes the No1 spot, I was convinced the Starre Pro would knock it off the top but alas, No... I'm interested to hear that the Crown coils last longer than the Starre, wow. I'm still on my second coil since I bought the Starre V2, they seem to last a long time, must be over 2 months ago now, they also don't lose flavour, you just can't vape them at the same wattage as before, that's the only way I know they need changing.
I almost jumped ship after the rather embarrassing praise I gave the Pro but for me I've not really had any issues with it, so I just wrote my findings, still, I don't trust the tank now and we have sort of feel out lol..
There have been a number of members that have come to me, saying the Crown has better flavour than the Starre, so I was just about to press the buy button when I came across the SMOK TFV4, which I now have on pre order, will this top the Crown, who knows but there is no denying that Uwell made a blinder of a tank with the Crown. For now, it seems to remain the Daddy..

EDIT - I'm on my third coil, forgot about the one already installed when I bought it, doh !

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
A little off topic here and there, sorry about that guys/gals..

We meet again, ah that dastardly Crown looks like it still takes the No1 spot, I was convinced the Starre Pro would knock it off the top but alas, No... I'm interested to hear that the Crown coils last longer than the Starre, wow. I'm still on my second coil since I bought the Starre V2, they seem to last a long time, must be over 2 months ago now, they also don't lose flavour, you just can't vape them at the same wattage as before, that's the only way I know they need changing.
I almost jumped ship after the rather embarrassing praise I gave the Pro but for me I've not really had any issues with it, so I just wrote my findings, still, I don't trust the tank now and we have sort of feel out lol..
There have been a number of members that have come to me, saying the Crown has better flavour than the Starre, so I was just about to press the buy button when I came across the SMOK TFV4, which I now have on pre order, will this top the Crown, who knows but there is no denying that Uwell made a blinder of a tank with the Crown. For now, it seems to remain the Daddy..

EDIT - I'm on my third coil, forgot about the one already installed when I bought it, doh !

@Rixsta

It was an honest opinion you gave at the time you gave it! You helped me at least have a not-negative experience. Thank you for what you did in spite of how you came to feel about the product. Yes, The Crown is the biz (IMO), but we are vapers an vapers need to continue testing the waters.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Just received my crown today. After 2 tankful so can honestly say this thing is a beast! Airflow is overwhelming. I've had to run it halfway on 1.2ohm at 25watts. I can't even imagine the power it takes to drive the .25ohm dual coil. Flavor is bangin. Top fill couldn't be any easier. This is definitely a well made tank. I can't wait to try my own nickel build on the rba.

Reactions: jmercury1

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Just received my crown today. After 2 tankful so can honestly say this thing is a beast! Airflow is overwhelming. I've had to run it halfway on 1.2ohm at 25watts. I can't even imagine the power it takes to drive the .25ohm dual coil. Flavor is bangin. Top fill couldn't be any easier. This is definitely a well made tank. I can't wait to try my own nickel build on the rba.

Did you get the RBA too?

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
@Rixsta I read this whole thread. I'm going to have to give this one (Crown) a try.
I'm not sold on the Freemax Starre though. I'm blaming you. %100.

I'm going to get it mostly out of curiosity. I can't see these being much more than a sidegrade, rather than an upgrade from the Herakles. Remind me when the Smok TFV4 comes out though. ;)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
@Rixsta I read this whole thread. I'm going to have to give this one (Crown) a try.
I'm not sold on the Freemax Starre though. I'm blaming you. %100.

I'm going to get it mostly out of curiosity. I can't see these being much more than a sidegrade, rather than an upgrade from the Herakles. Remind me when the Smok TFV4 comes out though. ;)

Good job keeping expectations in check. But please, come back and let us know what you think when you get The Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread