Status
Not open for further replies.

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
That is what I have read also. That is why I would just let them sit for a few minutes in hot water and then just shake em up. But I have to say it tastes way better and I can't tell a degradation of nicotine either.

The dark color could be a sign of degradation but if this method satisfies you I say do it.

Suryia

Jun 28, 2015
Pretty sure steeping e-liquids is just another vaping myth. There's no steeping going on, just degradation...
I am kind of on the fence with steeping. I used to heat steep, but noticed that most taste perfect with just a shake and then vape. However, my Custard mixes usually get better as they age, and that might be due to the steeping/ageing/degrading/whatever it is lol. Even so, the taste difference isn't out of this world different, atleast not to my taste buds, but to each their own.

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
I am kind of on the fence with steeping. I used to heat steep, but noticed that most taste perfect with just a shake and then vape. However, my Custard mixes usually get better as they age, and that might be due to the steeping/ageing/degrading/whatever it is lol. Even so, the taste difference isn't out of this world different, atleast not to my taste buds, but to each their own.
I agree, there is a huge difference in my custards once they have aged. However, there are some fruits that I use that taste the same no matter how old.

What I like about they way I have steeped it is that fact that it taste is as if I had let it sit for two weeks. But to be honest I have really no ideal how a two week steeped juice tastes like cause it never last that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suryia

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
That is what I have read also. That is why I would just let them sit for a few minutes in hot water and then just shake em up. But I have to say it tastes way better and I can't tell a degradation of nicotine either.

with some colored flavoring like bourbon vanilla I can actually see them mixing when I set them in a bath of hot water for a few minutes. the heat seems to thin the VG and allow the flavor to disperse thru the mix faster.after mixing them I let them sit with the cap off to breath for a few hours and they seem ready to vape at that point.after 3 days the juice seems to have matured

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
just a quick question

they look like plastic bottles in the pics

would heating the plastic bottles for the amount of heat and time applied not allow some of the chemicals in the plastics to be leeched and infused into your juice ?

i read somewhere that if using this method to steep by heat should not use plastic bottles while heating

Reactions: YoursTruli

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I let it sit in my mini crock pot on high for 3hrs. I will let them rest for a day or so, but once it's cooled you can use them right away.

9cdc711ecf145bfa517a6ca36057bf78.jpg

This would be to much temp in my opinion, I would use warm or low for a couple of hours, shake, repeat, shake and then let it sit with the cap off for another 2 hours..

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
J

What solids are dissolved for flavor to be extracted concerning e-liquid? That is what steeping is. Maybe call it mixing or allowing flavors to marry, but there is no steeping going on...

The answer is false. E Liquid is not steeped. It is aged. :)

YOU can call it what ever you want. Technically it is not steeping, not even close. But, it is in the lexicon and steeping it is and steeping it shall be.

To the OP, crock pot steeping is a long used technique, search it and you will find many threads discussing steeps from ten minutes to several hours. Glad you have found a method that works well for you. Enjoy!

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
just a quick question

they look like plastic bottles in the pics

would heating the plastic bottles for the amount of heat and time applied not allow some of the chemicals in the plastics to be leeched and infused into your juice ?

i read somewhere that if using this method to steep by heat should not use plastic bottles while heating

I agree that using plastic bottles for that period of time is not the safest thing to do. I have a .... load of 100ml glass bottles on the way.

This would be to much temp in my opinion, I would use warm or low for a couple of hours, shake, repeat, shake and then let it sit with the cap off for another 2 hours..

Why do you think it is too much heat?

Reactions: gadgetkeith

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I don't know the science behind it, but some flavors DO need to set up a while to taste right. Most of the fruity stuff I have mixed up is good after an hour or 2. Creamy stuff takes a few days to a week. Tobacco seems to take a week or 2 to get the full flavor. And the TH seems to die down after a few days in any mix as well. Call it what you want, but with just about everything I've tried it needs it. :thumb:

Reactions: Mad Scientist

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
Ahh and yet another debate on steeping fact or fiction, Steeping or aging, good Vs evil.

My opinion is it works and I don't care what it's called or how it's done.

Lol I know right. I did not mean to start a debate just wanted to share something that I thought was interesting given that I thought prolonged exposure to heat was bad for juice.

I admit that using plastic is not the best idea. However, I'm convinced heat is the way to go. I can't tell that the nic has any degradation and the flavor is really rich, so I don't see was is wrong with that at all.

Fit_Four_Life

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2015
J

What solids are dissolved for flavor to be extracted concerning e-liquid? That is what steeping is. Maybe call it mixing or allowing flavors to marry, but there is no steeping going on...

I never said there was "steeping" taking place. The article states:

"In vaping, steeping is the aging of e-liquid for the purpose of melding ingredients together to improve flavor."

"The term steeping is widely used in the e-cig industry to describe the melding of flavors in e-liquid."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread