Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
This thread was started a while ago. I just purchased some Boba's. First time in about a year because I've been DIY. All I can say is this stuff is as good as I remember and tastes just the same. Great liquid and I plan on keeping it in my rotation for a while.

I'm thinking my taste buds are out of whack :( I had been using it in a genny for so long and loved the flavor. Then, recently switched to BVC. The flavor was ok at first, now it's just not the same, no matter how much I vape. Not sure if it's hardware or taste buds but it's the EXACT SAME BOTTLE OF JUICE!

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
I'm thinking my taste buds are out of whack :( I had been using it in a genny for so long and loved the flavor. Then, recently switched to BVC. The flavor was ok at first, now it's just not the same, no matter how much I vape. Not sure if it's hardware or taste buds but it's the EXACT SAME BOTTLE OF JUICE!

I have days where nothing has as much flavor. I'm pretty sure it's me since nothing else changed. Hardware does make a big difference though. I've been using dual coil evods for a while. I use ego style batteries at work and a ProVari at home. There is a big difference in performance just from the batteries.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I ordered a bottle of Boba's Bounty a while back and it was good. I thought perhaps, AIV had gotten things straightened out and was back to making one of the best liquids on the market. I bought another bottle and it seemed a bit different, not nearly as sweet. Hoping it was a bad batch I ordered another bottle last week that I just tanked up. This is probably the worse version of Boba's AIV has sent me to date. It has a bread like, yeast flavor that is nasty. No sweetness what so ever.

This will seal the deal for me. AiV, I'm done. No more spur of the moment orders for me hoping you got your product right. Bye bye..

Reactions: bcme

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
This juice has definitely changed. I received a 100ml bottle for christmas in 2013 and it was fantastic. Very smooth, sweet, raisin-y, graham. I still have ~15mLs of that bottle. I've ordered twice since then, once in 2014 and once earlier this year, and both of them were much more harsh, less sweet, no raisin-y taste, and lacked the 'smoothness' that my original bottle had. It is not a case of mistaken memory. I still have the 2013 bottle and drip from it occasionally.

My assumption is that Ben was using something that had a fair amount of diacetyl in it without knowing it. Once he found out, he asked the manufacturer to produce that flavor without the diacetyl. He has technically never changed the recipe, as it's the same flavoring from the same vendor. However, as a DIYer, I know very well that removing an ingredient like diacetyl or any of it's related diketones will change the recipe drastically.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I am saddened to hear this all. Although I haven't bought Boba's in a long time due to DIY cost-saving measures, it is still my favorite juice of all time. I would buy a liter at a time.

Whatever happened, if anything, to change the flavor of Boba's, AVE juice is still undoubtedly the best juice there is. All of Ben's flavors are amazing. I wish them nothing but the best.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I just got in a bottle of Gryphon's Breath to try out. I'll load it up when I go home for lunch. I did throw in another bottle of Boba's just to try and see if it's any different. We'll see. It saddens me that it may not be the same as that beautiful brown elixir it once was. The last bottle I had was from 2013. I don't know when it started to go down hill, but that flavor (which I still remember) is what I know it to taste like.

Reactions: ed101z

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Soooo.... Wow. I went home on my lunch break and loaded up a Sub Tank Mini with some Boba's. I am using the RBA section with a 1.2 ohm coil. I know what the older Boba's that I had tasted like, and this is just weird. When it used to be my ADV, I never had to steep a bottle. It was always fantastic right out of the mail. When I vape this I get that classic Boba's flavor, but it's at the very bottom. I get this weird perfumey flavor on top of that Boba's flavor. The classic flavor is there, but that perfume is overpowering it. So much so that it's making me cough. I'm going to let it breathe with the top off for a few hours and see if it'll go away. Weird that I never had to do that before out of the 500+ mls I have vaped over my vaping life.

The Grypthon's Breath by the way smells amazing! I'm going to change out the Boba's with it when I get home and see how it tastes.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Do you guys realize that ppl have been saying the juice has changed since he started having it, its the same old story especially with the 100ml bottles, .Bobas is a complex juice and will always be.. I am vaping some right now and it taste exactly the same as it did over 7 years ago, you can come back here 4 years from now and people will be saying the same things. ... the force of Bobas is strong... don't forget it....and on that note...BRING BACK RAF!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bacc.vap

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
Filled a Kanger Protank 2 2.2 atty on an ego type twist and a Russian 91% with twisted coil 1.5 on a P3. Both organic cotton wicked. The Protank brings out the tobacco as the dominant flavor, the Russian brings out cocoa as the dominant flavor. Both delicious but completely different! That's the beauty of Boba!:thumbs:

Reactions: Drumonron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread