RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Let me know what you think of the VCC when you get some. They had a booth at the convention I just went to and they were allowing people to come over and re wick there atties with VCC. I hung around to see what people thought and I did not hear a single bad word, in fact most people left with three jars of VCC for $20 which is unreal. I left with 15 jars for $100. That much VCC would cost $220 at my shop. The jar does I would say 15 dual coils a strip IME so you can probably re wick about 30 coils.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Viper Vapor and Kidney Punch are both out. I'm not in a hurry so, it'll be a treat for later on.

Thanks again!
Here's another place, cheapest I've seen yet. I used to order it straight through vapers choice cottons website but it doesn't look like you can anymore.Vapers Choice Cotton | Vape Street

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 67Tele

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
So something new I came across today, well somewhat new. Its almost like the 454 bigblock but different. A 1 post atty by cloudwerks!
1ae414dca8ffbba01df445ac631f4826.jpg
f01d69a1461772ff5ed7ecdeb9b04646.jpg
9a086686a2d48c7f8eb12cb43e6efe7f.jpg

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Here's another place, cheapest I've seen yet. I used to order it straight through vapers choice cottons website but it doesn't look like you can anymore.Vapers Choice Cotton | Vape Street

That IS a good price! I added it my cart, went to check out and....
  • SORRY, WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH "VAPERS CHOICE COTTON" IN STOCK TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN 9999 MINUTES OR EDIT YOUR CART AND TRY AGAIN. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED.
Oops!
Thanks for another choice!

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
That IS a good price! I added it my cart, went to check out and....
  • SORRY, WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH "VAPERS CHOICE COTTON" IN STOCK TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN 9999 MINUTES OR EDIT YOUR CART AND TRY AGAIN. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED.
Oops!
Thanks for another choice!
I had a feeling that was gonna happen but I didn't check sorry for that. There is another place, not to push it on you but if you are still interested here it is. Vapers Choice Cotton | Cloudscape Vape

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I don't believe so but even if you could remove it there's no adapter with the atty so you'd only be able to put in another chuff style tip.
Damn that sucks, I'm not really a chuff kinda guy lol I mean I like the options every now and then but to have it ALL the time, I don't think I could. How are you liking it though?

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The flavor is probably better than a Tugboat with SC and is an airier draw. I would've liked a 510 drip tip adapter just to have different options and I would've preferred etched logos rather than the way they did them.
Agreed, main reason I didn't get it was cause of that. Still a nice piece though. And I give flawless credit for not hyping this up and not releasing it till ECC like almost every other company is doing right now.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
@jhhollier ,

What ever came of the Vaponaute - Le Magister? Did I miss your update?
Yeah, I posted some impressions earlier in the thread. Not impressed. First off, the deck is removable for easier cleaning (I think that's the reasoning). You unscrew the deck which comes out as one long piece with the 510 and center post. Okay. So... you screw that whole piece back in and you're cautioned to make sure it's nice and tight. Maybe mine's defective but that deck piece? Every time I tighten the atty down on a mod that stupidly designed removable deck piece spins. Every. Freaking. Time. So the 510 screw has also spun since it's all once piece meaning that where that screw enters the well? Yep, juice leaks. Every. Freaking. Time. It doesn't matter how tight I screw in the deck piece it will spin when I put the atty on a mod. Infuriating to say the least. Apparently I'm like the only person in existence who has had this happen which leads me to suspect one of two things: (1) Everyone else that has posted about the Le Magister has decided to pretend the atty has no issues and vapes just wonderfully because it's an oooooh high-end atty or (2) Mine's defective.

The flavor when I actually vaped from it was underwhelming. It wasn't as muted as, say, a MutX V3 wide open but it certainly wasn't the flavor beast I was led to believe it was. 1-10 scale the flavor for me was about a 5. The draw is restrictive but it's not bad. The feel and look of the atty are quite nice but IMO it's not worth $135. Not even close. The Zenith will probably blow the Le Magister away just because it doesn't have that idiotic removable deck. I mean that was seriously a ridiculous design decision. Even if you couldn't remove the deck piece it would be fairly easy to clean! The juice well or "tank" if you will is not very deep and you could simple soak the thing in warm water and Dawn and be done with it. A Q-Tip would easily fit in to scrub if you want to. It was not needed and I really have no idea why Vaponaute did that.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Wow. No deck at all! Looks good though.
Yeah, that deck (or almost lack thereof) made me do a double take. I'm still holding out for the new Derringer. I'll be curious to see how the Thump performs and I'm sure multiple folks from the thread will pick one up. I'll live vicariously through you all lol

Reactions: 67Tele

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yeah, I posted some impressions earlier in the thread. Not impressed. First off, the deck is removable for easier cleaning (I think that's the reasoning). You unscrew the deck which comes out as one long piece with the 510 and center post. Okay. So... you screw that whole piece back in and you're cautioned to make sure it's nice and tight. Maybe mine's defective but that deck piece? Every time I tighten the atty down on a mod that stupidly designed removable deck piece spins. Every. Freaking. Time. So the 510 screw has also spun since it's all once piece meaning that where that screw enters the well? Yep, juice leaks. Every. Freaking. Time. It doesn't matter how tight I screw in the deck piece it will spin when I put the atty on a mod. Infuriating to say the least. Apparently I'm like the only person in existence who has had this happen which leads me to suspect one of two things: (1) Everyone else that has posted about the Le Magister has decided to pretend the atty has no issues and vapes just wonderfully because it's an oooooh high-end atty or (2) Mine's defective.

The flavor when I actually vaped from it was underwhelming. It wasn't as muted as, say, a MutX V3 wide open but it certainly wasn't the flavor beast I was led to believe it was. 1-10 scale the flavor for me was about a 5. The draw is restrictive but it's not bad. The feel and look of the atty are quite nice but IMO it's not worth $135. Not even close. The Zenith will probably blow the Le Magister away just because it doesn't have that idiotic removable deck. I mean that was seriously a ridiculous design decision. Even if you couldn't remove the deck piece it would be fairly easy to clean! The juice well or "tank" if you will is not very deep and you could simple soak the thing in warm water and Dawn and be done with it. A Q-Tip would easily fit in to scrub if you want to. It was not needed and I really have no idea why Vaponaute did that.

Wow. Wow. Thank you on behalf of anyone interested!!!

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Wow. Wow. Thank you on behalf of anyone interested!!!
Like I said, maybe it's just mine. Maybe it's defective or something but honestly I don't see anything that could be missing or cracked/damaged. It just feels like a poorly thought out design. A friend of mine with more experience is gonna mess around with it and see what's going on. If it seems defective I'm getting my money back and officially I'm done with these high-end attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread