Newport News, Virginia, United States
f5615705339d29dc064a82009cff0253.561x867x1.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I didn't see anything about 1 piece or 2,, but did go with the polished add-on and economy printing. I got an email telling me that "my" design, could be fixed by them and then printed,, and something about it appearing on their 3d printing webinar. I still have no clue as to why it was canceled. Not sure if I should try and order it again or just try at Shapeways instead.

Yes polished, coloured & economy. When your ordering there is an option to use a one piece print were all parts are connected and you have to break them apart it's cheeper or 2 piece in my case were they printed the door separate
I choose the cheeper option one piece and was cancelled
They sent me an email, I change it to 2 piece a few bucks more and all went well.
I just used Sculptoe one time and SW many. There both good and you will get a good print from both.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Yea...I don't think I'll be able to unsolder this. So mad. And a broken screen....blah

Do you have a SMD heat gun with a very narrow nozzle? I have one of these and the narrow nozzle helps localize and isolate the airflow (SMD Rework Soldering Station Hot Air Gun Solder Iron Welder 2in1 ESD 11 Tips BGA | eBay This one is cheaper: 2in1 SMD Rework Soldering Station Solder Iron Welder Hot Air Gun ESD 3 Nozzles | eBay They make quick work of solder...I use it when soldering my 510 pin to the output wire. I've screwed up multiple times and forgotten to put on the nut/spring....it takes all of five seconds with a directed blast from one of these to desolder.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I didn't see anything about 1 piece or 2,, but did go with the polished add-on and economy printing. I got an email telling me that "my" design, could be fixed by them and then printed,, and something about it appearing on their 3d printing webinar. I still have no clue as to why it was canceled. Not sure if I should try and order it again or just try at Shapeways instead.

If it is one of mine, tell me which one and I will look at it. Their prices are great, but their pre-processing filter is a bit odd. There may be an artifact in one.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
If it is one of mine, tell me which one and I will look at it. Their prices are great, but their pre-processing filter is a bit odd. There may be an artifact in one.

The DNA200 squonker, is what I am trying to acquire.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
OK Folks, here is how I am going to work this. I dont want to open the discussion thread until I actually have something more than a rendering to show. Once I get the drawings I will get a single sample of each size made. That will take 2-3 weeks. I will then assemble it and assuming it is as good to go as we think, I will then open a Discussion thread.

Right now I am targeting a complete kit including a DNA200 board (optional), 850Mah or 1350mAh enclosure, Evolv 510, SS buttons, and all screws needed. Folks would need to supply their own wire and Lipo.

Oh, and BTW, I am going on vacation next week so dont be surprised if I go off the grid.
Oh I'm so in on this one!

Reactions: SlickWilly

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
The old school bodger way is bridge all the pins with a big blob solder and while it is wet give the board a hard flick over a newspaper or workshop floor and if you are lucky it all comes off. Last resort, use a solder sucker or other methods above first.
Back when I first started soldering 25+ yrs ago, that's how I got rid of solder on my r/c stuff.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
The same thing happened to me a Scupltoe
Did You choose the one piece print Option?
With my order I choose the one piece print cause it was cheeper but they cancelled my order and I had to order the 2 piece print

How right you are! Only, it was after I tried to order again that I finally got an email explaining just that!
Except,,, there is NO option listed to do multi piece prints.
I even went through the order process again and its just not there. So now I have 2 cancelled orders with them.
(spoke too soon about Murphy).
In my dealings with Sculpteo, they do not have an easy click and order site, and I'm waiting for $130.00 in refunds.

Thinking shapeways might be a better option. Now, to find out which battery the shapeways unit was modeled for.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
The old school bodger way is bridge all the pins with a big blob solder and while it is wet give the board a hard flick over a newspaper or workshop floor and if you are lucky it all comes off. Last resort, use a solder sucker or other methods above first.
If you can bridge all the pins with wet solder you can pull the socket out.

Pdizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2014
Alberta
Well at this point I may try and pull the connector off and hard wire the balance wires. After reading the thread on the Evolv forums I don't know if I hurt the board
I have a spare and compared all the fuses and resistors and they all look the same. I'm more concerned about making clean solder joints as I can't get the wires to stick from battery

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
You still havent shown us anything (pics), so it is hard to diagnose your issue.

All we can do is shoot in the dark.

One tip, these are large wires, a hotter iron (with a tip that has some metal mass) is better than a cooler one with a skinny tip. And as many have said, flux is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread