Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I just told hubby that I was going to climb up in the attic when I get home (he'll still be gone with Alex). He said "please don't, you're not graceful enough. It's an accident waiting to happen". :lol: Since I've asked him no less than 4 times since he's been off the past 6 days I figured that I will just do it myself. I'm still planning on crawling up there later today. Watch me fall through the ceiling or something. :laugh:

Reactions: FlyingV

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
You know, when Mrs E and I got married, she wasnt the best cook... in fact, her cooking was downright horrid. The first meal she ever made was spaghetti and meatballs. Knowing that her grandparents were Italian, I was all for it! I mean, how many people are able to get TRUE Italian cooking!? Well, her noodles came from a box, but were at least cooked well. Her meatballs.... Well... They were more like meat flavored garlic hockey pucks. It was terrible (of course, I asked for seconds). So, when she first suggested that she could make a pot roast for dinner, I was hesitant. So, a few years back, she started making her pot roast. She took a pot and placed it on the stove, and I ran. Pot roasts are for the oven. When I came back, she had dumped yellow mustard all over it, added a splash of water, and had it on low heat. I was petrified. Even though a year or so had passed, the disaster of her very first meal as a married woman was still fresh in my mind. But when it was done, it was actually pretty good, if a bit unorthodox. She made another roast a couple of days ago. But this time it was cooked in the crock pot, then browned on a stove top. It came out really good. Even though it smells a bit odd while cooking, the mustard gives it a great flavor after it cooks down. And, it's still tender and juicy after a round in the microwave two days later! Yep. Lunch was kinda yummy today.

I just told hubby that I was going to climb up in the attic when I get home (he'll still be gone with Alex). He said "please don't, you're not graceful enough. It's an accident waiting to happen". :lol: Since I've asked him no less than 4 times since he's been off the past 6 days I figured that I will just do it myself. I'm still planning on crawling up there later today. Watch me fall through the ceiling or something. :laugh:
I am inclined to agree with your hubby.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I finally figured out how to multi quote. Hubby said the meeting with the psychologist went very well. They even let Ed go back with him even though Alex is 18 now. I sent hubby with a list of things to try to squeeze into the conversation. He said she pretty much covered all of it in her exam. It was definitely not a full psych eval. Hubby said she had several pages of papers with questions on it that she asked Alex. When she got done she told Hubby that she is recommending that he receive SSI benefits. Now that doesn't mean he will automatically get them now but it helps that the doctor they chose to do the exam is voting on our side. Now to wait the 3 or so months for an answer. If they decline benefits then I'll appeal it. I REALLY hope that it goes through the first time. I'm heard it's a pita to appeal. If it does go through then it will drastically help us with his monthly medical expenses and the cost of going to tech school and monthly medical expenses.

Morgan has to get new glasses. Her exam was today. She can't see far off. I can't see close up. I'm fairly certain my appointment with the doctor will be getting a new rx on my glasses. Then we hit Target, Starbucks, and Office Depot. Home and since hubby and Alex stopped on the way home to eat then I'm going to cook a big meal.

I've never been in our attic. And probably never will go up there. It's empty.

We've got wedding presents up there from 20 years ago. We have a pita nice Christmas tree. We even had a squirrel playing and running all over the place at one time. God only knows what is up there that we've completely forgotten about.

Kat tried to cook dinner, bless her heart... Hamburger Helper. Easy, right? She forgot to drain the grease off the hamburger meat. :facepalm:

I was the Hamburger Helper Queen when we first got married. I can't stomach it anymore because of the squishy, sticky sound it makes. *gags*

You know, when Mrs E and I got married, she wasnt the best cook... in fact, her cooking was downright horrid. The first meal she ever made was spaghetti and meatballs. Knowing that her grandparents were Italian, I was all for it! I mean, how many people are able to get TRUE Italian cooking!? Well, her noodles came from a box, but were at least cooked well. Her meatballs.... Well... They were more like meat flavored garlic hockey pucks. It was terrible (of course, I asked for seconds). So, when she first suggested that she could make a pot roast for dinner, I was hesitant. So, a few years back, she started making her pot roast. She took a pot and placed it on the stove, and I ran. Pot roasts are for the oven. When I came back, she had dumped yellow mustard all over it, added a splash of water, and had it on low heat. I was petrified. Even though a year or so had passed, the disaster of her very first meal as a married woman was still fresh in my mind. But when it was done, it was actually pretty good, if a bit unorthodox. She made another roast a couple of days ago. But this time it was cooked in the crock pot, then browned on a stove top. It came out really good. Even though it smells a bit odd while cooking, the mustard gives it a great flavor after it cooks down. And, it's still tender and juicy after a round in the microwave two days later! Yep. Lunch was kinda yummy today.

I am inclined to agree with your hubby.

I made some sort of beef when we first got married. I think they were eye of round steaks. Well, it's a steak right? How could I go wrong with a steak. Ummm, it went horribly wrong. Even hubby couldn't hide hide the hideousness of it and he will eat almost anything. :laugh:

Hubby was home when I got back so I'm out of luck on the attic. Maybe if I go act like I'm climbing up there he'll get out of the recliner to stop me and be wrangled in to getting what I need from up there. :laugh:

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Oh, and I'm well on our way to getting this house more organized and freshened up. It's making progress. It can't be done in one day but since hubby has been majorly helping me then it motivates me to do more. I've bought tons of baskets and boxes to organize with from the Dollar Tree and Dollar General. They're all shoved in the craft closet and slowly making their way out and moved to the appropriate organized home.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
** Ditto! Happy Birthday Peggy!:bday:

Mine is a bit different though... It may be because my bike is carbureted, and not fuel injection. Or maybe becuase its so old. I have three positions. On, Reserve, and Prime. The On and Reserve are for exactly what Bamrz said. But the Prime position lets more fuel flow to the carbs' bowls to help it start. Once the temps come up, it gets switched back to ON, and then I ride on! Until I run out of gas... Which has happened on three occasions. The first time (soon after I bought the bike), I thought "PRI" meant "Primary". Which would mean I could still switch to the reserve. I was wrong. The second time, the petcock just didnt work, so I COULDNT switch to reserve, which forced me to take the bike to the shop and have the petcock rebuilt. The third time, I was just stupid and left the lever in the reserve position on accident, and ran out on the way to the gas station. Thankfully, I do learn from my mistakes. That doesnt mean I wont run out of gas again, but it does mean it wont happen for the same reasons!
Wow, I'd never heard of that, the "prime position". Mine have always had a choke. Full open in the winter until you get past the 2nd traffic light, and about half open to start and then off in the summer. Hondas tend to be cold blooded. :p

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
How come when you're looking for something specific in the store you can never find it. I'm trying to find one of those bill organizers that have pockets for each month and a large space to write what you need to write. No luck on Amazon, Office Depot, or Target. Once I find a different system then the one I wanted will be all over the place. :laugh: Hubby takes care of all the regular bills and I don't think he has a specific system. I take care of medical and school related items. I have a very organized system but want to improve it with one of those books I can't find.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
How come when you're looking for something specific in the store you can never find it. I'm trying to find one of those bill organizers that have pockets for each month and a large space to write what you need to write. No luck on Amazon, Office Depot, or Target. Once I find a different system then the one I wanted will be all over the place. :laugh: Hubby takes care of all the regular bills and I don't think he has a specific system. I take care of medical and school related items. I have a very organized system but want to improve it with one of those books I can't find.
I have one of those for birthdays and anniversaries, you can stick the card in the pocket and be ready ahead of time. I think I found it at Lillian Vernon or something like that? I think they had one for bills too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread