Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I thought the Invader Mini was supposed to have the adjustable top cap to set the 510 connection?
It does. The center pin is fixed, but there's a ring that the atty screws in to. You screw your atty into the ring first, then screw the ring down onto the mod. You'll have a small gap between the ring and the mod body when the atty post makes contact with the center pin, but that's okay... nothing will move after that. They did that so that the center pin is sealed to help with the water resistance capability of the mod. Pretty ingenious, and simple, design in my eyes. I think it works pretty well and I've had no issues with it yet.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
3 days without a post, insanity I say.

Hey its summer time.. I've been out doing stuff.. It was a long winter, our summer is only 3 months.

We're saving the last 600 posts for really important stuff. Nobody wants to open a new thread :/

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Never said I wasn't going to, we still have a ways to go we only need to save maybe 10 posts till the new thread is started.

As far as me making a huge gigantic first post.. It's not gonna happen like that.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Also, I had a thought (which may already have been thought!) about the Rayon pt 2 thread. I think it would be great to compile as many good build photos for as many tanks/RDAs as possible to have them easily locatable (that's a word, right?) for those looking for help with what their wick should look like.

Reactions: TrollDragon

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
So how I see it is we get it going, then me and anyone else keep posting all the important stuff, pics, what made it work for you ect. Ect. To make up the first few pages or 10. Lol.
Can we at least try to categorize them and split them into days or weeks? ("OK, this week is archived build/wicking pics week") That way the info will be sort of grouped together in the first few pages, instead of mish-mosh like this one.

I already know, someone will ask a question and we'll all go into all kinds of tangents...:facepalm: :laugh:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
It would be easier for JeremyR to sum up everything in a blog post and when everything done copy /paste it in the new thread. We could all contribute on the blog so it would take shape and there would be no problem editing and adding stuff till it was ready

Regards
Tony

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
"Summed up" implies short and sweet to me. :)

Different build pics can be added along the way.

Otherwise it's 15000 posts, I can't compile everything of importance from that magnitude

Can we at least try to categorize them and split them into days or weeks? ("OK, this week is archived build/wicking pics week") That way the info will be sort of grouped together in the first few pages, instead of mish-mosh like this one.

I already know, someone will ask a question and we'll all go into all kinds of tangents...:facepalm: :laugh:

I can't archive it all. But yeah sections of topics would be nice.

Probably a up to date summary. We all have a lot of experience and know how it works now. We should be able to get it across pretty quickly to others.. All the bumps we took along the road are behind us and eternally archived on ecf.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yeah, like sucking on different tampons and trying to figure out which one tasted like rayon :facepalm:

Ok, that somehow sounded better in my head than written in a post...

Regards
Tony

Tony,

That didn't sound good in text or in my head. Talk about instant mental visualizations from the "Dark Side" :evil: :lol:

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I thought the Invader Mini was supposed to have the adjustable top cap to set the 510 connection?

It does, and it's certainly possible it's user error, but I just couldn't get them to connect. With both my Delta II and my Lemo 2 I tried loosening the top cap, got the tank tight, then tightened down the top cap and all I ended up doing was get everything so tight I needed plyers to get them apart. I did tighten it gradually, so I don't think overtightening was an issue.

I also have a habit of dropping things (both those tanks have taken a few headers), so it's also possible there's something going on with the tanks more so than the battery.

Now if only I could get my Delta II RBA section apart. I've been using pre-built Ti coils in that, so no Rayon there. Yeah, I may have a habit of tightening things down too much.

slavkov

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Bulgaria
This-
39c48f974c3d6c02a35c15235111af26.jpg
+ dm's viscose = priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread