Extremely dry mouth on waking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
There is a very easy fix: Drink more water!

vaping can dry you out a tad, so additional water intake can help out. Extra H2O is also good for you and is a nice addition to the healthy life style you've started by quitting smokes.

I also recommend higher VG juices. PG exacerbates dryness.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As those before me have said, increase your water intake. I almost always carry a bottle of water with me along with my vaporizor wherever I go.

Coffee & tea can dehydrate you because of their caffeine content. Juice is fine, and you'll get vitamin C along with the hydration.

Propolyne glycol (pg) and vegetable glycerin (vg) both are humectants, meaning that they naturally attract water to them from the mucous membranes. Hense the dry mouth, throat, and nose when vaping.

If it continues to be a problem for you despite upping your water intake, some people claim that Biotine helps.

k2-_9df397c8-9f6d-4e48-a3b2-f8f33bc3b2b6.v1.jpg

ufotrash

Apr 8, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I'm gonna also go ahead and second the person who mentioned ((( biotene mouthwash )))

it's specifically made to prevent dry mouth...it definitely helps in the morning, but don't eat or drink anything for at least half an hour after using it (though I guess that's generally the rule of thumb after brushing yer teeth in the morning)

Reactions: satchvai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread