qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
4fvmv5.jpg

My review with a Spheroid Rebuilding (twisted 32AWG) tutorial here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...coloid-circa-2015-pictorial.html#post15478834

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Someday we may have a transparent tank for spheroid v4? I think tank PMMA is the best!

This is a good suggestion, but there are many liquids that will destroy the PMMA, for that reason we continue to use 316 SS solely. It's noted for future consideration, thank you :)

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I don't mind not having a viewing window on the Spheroid. Doing so would cut down on what is already limited juice capacity. With the previous versions, every time i checked my juice level i had to reposition the wick tails to make sure they made contact with the fluff. That won't be a problem with the V4 so checking juice levels should be very quick.

Reactions: Varsalles

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
We take seriously the feedback we receive and when we incorporate a new feature or a new spare part, this is done after much consideration. For now, we won't make any transparent tube for the v4, maybe next year.

The wick tails have no need to be long or repositioned during refill; keep them short :)
The last 10 draws before a need for refill occurs, have a diminished taste, this happens since v1.

PatteRC

Feb 24, 2017
Hi all. :)

Just got me a Piccoloid v2, that i bagged on a Danish sales group for under 100€ in pristine condition, apart from the white driptip, that looks a bit crooked. Doesn't matter, because i ordered a Ultem tank + the long Ultem driptip to go with it. :p

But i have a problem. I've been vaping Spheroid v2 and v3 for years, but i got fed up with the filler material, i don't really like that setup. The v4 was the perfect atty for me! MTL and DL vaping without the fluff, until i setup the device..

No matter WHAT i do, i get dryhits.
Tried 7wraps of 28g. kanthal, 9 wraps of 28g. kanthal, NI80 28g. 7 and 9 wraps.
26g. kanthal and different density of cotton. Tried with cotton peeking out 1mm. of the juice holes, also tried with the cotton tails sticking upwards. ID of coil of 2mm. and 2.5mm.
But no matter what i tried, those darn dryhits keep coming and i get no flavor.

Looked at Qorax's review and setup video, but to no avail. I don't get it!

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi all. :)

Just got me a Piccoloid v2, that i bagged on a Danish sales group for under 100€ in pristine condition, apart from the white driptip, that looks a bit crooked. Doesn't matter, because i ordered a Ultem tank + the long Ultem driptip to go with it. :p

But i have a problem. I've been vaping Spheroid v2 and v3 for years, but i got fed up with the filler material, i don't really like that setup. The v4 was the perfect atty for me! MTL and DL vaping without the fluff, until i setup the device..

No matter WHAT i do, i get dryhits.
Tried 7wraps of 28g. kanthal, 9 wraps of 28g. kanthal, NI80 28g. 7 and 9 wraps.
26g. kanthal and different density of cotton. Tried with cotton peeking out 1mm. of the juice holes, also tried with the cotton tails sticking upwards. ID of coil of 2mm. and 2.5mm.
But no matter what i tried, those darn dryhits keep coming and i get no flavor.

Looked at Qorax's review and setup video, but to no avail. I don't get it!

Hi mate,

If you have dry hits, the wicking is poor. This can be caused by weak batteries combined with high resistance values or thick strips of cotton, blocking the flow. Can you please post a photo of your build with and without the topper?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you, i'm posting a photo a little later. :)
It seems that doing a spaced 7wrap 28. gauge kanthal coil does the trick for me.
Be back soon with the photo. :)

We recommend the 14500 AW batteries for the best vaping experience. Spaced coils work better, I am using coils with 5-6 wraps only with 28 or 32 gauge Kanthal and I use an AFR insert for MTL vaping.
This is a repost from 2016, you may find it useful regarding AW 14500 batteries:

Take a look at these links regarding AW IMR , they are the best batteries, I don’t recommend other brands, I suppose you can use EFEST, but they have a very mediocre performance and they don’t last long, after 100 charges, they become weak, in contrast to AW who stand for over 500 charges.

Last year, I purchased a few AW 650 mAh 14500 batteries from UK, which replaced my older ones at 600 mAh, which were in production until 2013. I can also find the previous version (2013). Maybe they use old photos, but all these sellers have genuine AW IMR 600 mAh 14500 batteries:

Genuine AW IMR High Drain LiMn Lithium Manganese Batteries 14500

1 x AW IMR HIGH DRAIN 14500

AW IMR 14500 Battery

Baterías AW - IMR 14500 - Feliz Vapeo - Cigarrillos electrónicos

Finally, I found the new ones here: AW IMR14500 Li-Ion Akku 3.7V / 650mAh NEU Lithium-Ionen Akkus 14500 AW

The 650 mAh ones (2015 version) I bought are genuine, take a look also here:
AW IMR14500 Li-Ion Akku 3.7V / 650mAh NEU Lithium-Ionen Akkus 14500 AW

I have found listings for 700 & 750 mAh, but the genuine ones I know are 600 mAh (2013 version) & 650 mAh (2015 version).

The reasons I encourage you to seek for AW IMR 14500 batteries are their great longevity (500+ charging cycles) and their high C, both factors are crucial for a great vaping and especially for the Piccolo/Piccoloid: they offer longer vaping times and powerful vaping experience from such tiny devices :)

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

PatteRC

Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for the links for batteries, i will order some very soon, as i only have 1 AW for my Piccoloid at the moment.
Right now i use it on the iStick Pico, but i want it to go with the hybrid. :)
Damn, didn't see that you have made som AFR for MTL for the Spheroid v4, ordered Ultem tank and long Ultem driptip for it friday.

I can't upload photos, as the files are too large. :/

But i runs VERY GOOD now, with spaced coils and the wicks tucked up in the chamber.
I will try it with 5-6 wraps next time i have to set it up again. :)

Thanks a lot for the support, what a great customer service!

Btw. I wanted to order a Heron v2 friday for Vapour Day, until i found that it was discontinued.
Will there be a v3 or another 22mm. unit? :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks for the links for batteries, i will order some very soon, as i only have 1 AW for my Piccoloid at the moment.
Right now i use it on the iStick Pico, but i want it to go with the hybrid. :)
Damn, didn't see that you have made som AFR for MTL for the Spheroid v4, ordered Ultem tank and long Ultem driptip for it friday.

I can't upload photos, as the files are too large. :/

But i runs VERY GOOD now, with spaced coils and the wicks tucked up in the chamber.
I will try it with 5-6 wraps next time i have to set it up again. :)

Thanks a lot for the support, what a great customer service!

Btw. I wanted to order a Heron v2 friday for Vapour Day, until i found that it was discontinued.
Will there be a v3 or another 22mm. unit? :)

Thank you for the praise and I am glad the issue has been solved! We are working on Heron v3, no ETA yet. Whatever else you many need we are a pm or an email away :)

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you Perseas, great to see a modder that is active on a forum to help and be of great service for the customers!

You got a life-time customer here, i love your work.

Looking forward to Heron v3!

Thank you very much, it's really appreciated!

Reactions: GeekyGeezer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread