Goliath V2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
Hey Guys,

So I've heard that the Youde Goliath V2 has been a huge letdown. The chimney, the deck, etc. For those of you who have it, do you guys have any issues with it? Does it really have a bunch of issues? I was really, really looking forward to buying one, but seeing all these complaints makes me hesitant to do so. Let me know what you guys with it think,

Thanks in advance!

Ghostin

Reactions: Petabread

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wondering the same thing myself - my Goliath v1 is my favorite rta, so I've really been looking forward to the v2. However, I've heard terrible things about not being able to remove the deck without unscrewing the wrong pieces and liquid spilling everywhere, so if this is really a common issue I will just pass on the Goliath v2.

-Treeburner

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I have had nothing but issues with it. I'm the biggest Youde fan out there - but this Goliath v2 has been nothing but a headache from the day I got it, and every time I go to fill it, the worse it gets. I can tell you after a little bit of experimenting that it's the tolerance of the o-ring around the base of the RTA. If you take it off entirely, the base screws on/off wonderfully, just like the v1. However, after you take the o-ring off, you then lose juice control functionality. It is a fatal design flaw, ATM. I can almost guarantee this issue is why it's not officially released yet, as I heard it was supposed to be out 15 July.

If you need a tank right now, I'd highly suggest the Aromamizer RDTA - it vapes better than my Gv2 and has already replaced it. Or wait till the Gv2 is officially released and wait to see how it goes (my Gv2 started out fine and then as time went on, about the 3rd refill, I had to freeze it to get it apart. At this point latex gloves/freezing doesn't work. I would need a vice/pliers to get it apart.)

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Yeah, I was so hyped for this Goliath V2 but now I'm just going to wait a bit. In theory, it's my dream RTA with every feature I could ever want (except maybe top fill which would make this whole sticking base thing less of an issue WHY NOT IMPLEMENT ZEPHYRUS STYLE TOP FILL ON EVERYTHING YOUDE?!?!). I actually sent Youde an e-mail asking if the issue was being fixed or not -- If they are aware of it and don't fix it then the Zephyrus will probably be the last Youde product I'll buy for the time being.

If they do fix it, I'm all over it.

For the time being, I don't desperately need another RTA, but if this issue isn't resolved my next purchase will be the Silverplay V2 then I'm done buying vape gear for a while.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Yeah, I was so hyped for this Goliath V2 but now I'm just going to wait a bit. In theory, it's my dream RTA with every feature I could ever want (except maybe top fill which would make this whole sticking base thing less of an issue WHY NOT IMPLEMENT ZEPHYRUS STYLE TOP FILL ON EVERYTHING YOUDE?!?!). I actually sent Youde an e-mail asking if the issue was being fixed or not -- If they are aware of it and don't fix it then the Zephyrus will probably be the last Youde product I'll buy for the time being.

If they do fix it, I'm all over it.

For the time being, I don't desperately need another RTA, but if this issue isn't resolved my next purchase will be the Silverplay V2 then I'm done buying vape gear for a while.
Let me know what they tell ya. I wrote to them a few weeks ago to let them know of the issue. Never heard anything from them.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    Wondering the same thing myself - my Goliath v1 is my favorite RTA, so I've really been looking forward to the v2. However, I've heard terrible things about not being able to remove the deck without unscrewing the wrong pieces and liquid spilling everywhere, so if this is really a common issue I will just pass on the Goliath v2.

-Treeburner
    I feel the same way. Very disappointing. I may skip this and get the Billow v2 instead.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2014
    Starkville
    So not sure exactly what I bought but I ordered the Goliath V2 from Vape NW. This is my first purchase from them but they claim it is 100% legit and it should be here tomorrow. I read all the bad reviews and I still bought one. I just want to believe they fixed it I guess cause like others have stated I really do want to like it. Can any of the users that own this tank give me any tips for build designs and wicking technique for the RTA or is it straight forward? I know with other takes such as the Zephyrus wicking takes some getting use to.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    So not sure exactly what I bought but I ordered the Goliath V2 from Vape NW. This is my first purchase from them but they claim it is 100% legit and it should be here tomorrow. I read all the bad reviews and I still bought one. I just want to believe they fixed it I guess cause like others have stated I really do want to like it. Can any of the users that own this tank give me any tips for build designs and wicking technique for the RTA or is it straight forward? I know with other takes such as the Zephyrus wicking takes some getting use to.
    Watch any video for building/wicking the Goliath v1 and you should be good to go. MyVaporStore.com has the v2 for $32.95 right now. I may give it a try and live with the issues.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2014
    Starkville
    I just received mine in the mail. First impressions make you want to scream. Why is the chimney designed this way??? The build is more of a medium difficulty. Long hits still end up dry but for my first build I do not fault the tank. I am terrified to remove the base as it may pour liquid everywhere so I'll wait on that until it's out. Once it's build though vapor production is outstanding. Tons and tons and tons of vapor. Flavor is very decent for the amount of air flow and clouds but I won't say it's the best....but still nice. All in all when out together this tank lives up to the hype and then some. Is it perfect? No far from it. Threads IMO suck and the design is terrible. I now see why people hate refilling the tank. Again these are just very very first impressions with my time with the tank so far limited to about 30 minutes. I'll update back here once I've had a chance to really dive in and play.

AllenH

Feb 27, 2015
    Ach... I can never find a good RTA... I'm a tighter draw, mouth only vaper... and all these nice tanks hold promise, but then I hear about the chimney problem.. the Triton leaking whole tanks, the goblin mini leak... I'm sick of my subtank mini leaking. One thing that drew me to the Goliath was the lack of leaks. I wonder if there isn't a way to perfect the threads with some thread cutters etc., to ensure we don't have trouble.. but that chimney piece coming off would be bad news!

Any and all suggestions appreciated. At the $33 price point I might be willing to take a chance on it... BTW, has anyone thought of using lock-tight or similar on the chimney threads? Is there a drawback to just putting it inplace forever?

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2014
    Starkville
    Users report that over time this becomes a problem so in the past 24 hours I have opened it and closed it (complete disassemble) 10-12 times. Yes the threads suck but I am able to refill and replace the RBA without any issues so far. Nothing however is buttery smooth ie air flow ring, juice control, tear down, etc are a little difficult to play with. I have to loosen the tank off the mod a bit to change the airflow. For the price I am happy with my purchase. Despite its flaws it produces the best flavor and vapor of any RTA I've ever had the chance to play with. It has its flaws but dang it's a good tank.

AllenH

Feb 27, 2015
    Hmm- that sounds like some of the distances are a bit wrong, Superkyle. Things getting too tight, or tolerances off. I guess if the threads weren't concentric (say a bit tilted) I'd have a hard time fixing anything also. I may just have to get one and play with it to see if it can supplant my Kanger Subtank Mini... (damn thing leaks like crazy for me- the subtank). I'd take tighter fit and no leaks over my leaking issues right now.

Thanks for letting me know what you're experiencing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread