DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

David247

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
im looking for a box a little bigger than this one wish I had a cnc machine shop instead of a paint shop lol

Attachments

• hana.png
    hana.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 108

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
For someone who's never soldered before. How hard/dangerous is it to build one? Mostly due to the LIPO batery, that's my main concern.
I recommend that you strip and solder one wire at a time. Don't leave the risk of short open for accidents.
After soldering the first wire, I also covered the board and completed connection with a strip of electrical tape, revealing only the remaining battery terminal. I'm clumsy. :)

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
As unattractive (not terrible, but not my favorite) as I find that Vapecige VTBox 200, you can't beat that price or the battery life that it offers. I would buy one as an everyday, carry around box to replace my ipv4 if anything happens to my IPV4.

Really looking forward to them posting the dimensions because having almost about twice or just less than twice the battery life of other DNA200 mods that is really intriguing. Then again, this is proof that every mod maker will have their own DNA200 mod, and as someone said in another thread, regardless of which one we have, we're all winners because the DNA200 is fantastic.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
Thanks guys!
It's quite overwhelming all of a sudden, so I'd rather pay someone to do it for me at this point.
What's the smallest mod you've been able to make with the dna200? I don't really need huge batteries as I vape at 20w maximum, the only thing that interests me on the DNA200 is the pre-heat plus the upgrade-ability and TCR curves.

So, something more pocket friendly is what I'm looking for and the Hana v200 does look quite tallish
It is not that big, same dimensions as a Sigelei 75 W but 2 mm taller. I got one into a Hammond 1590A, but it is tight and not the easiest first mod but is quite dooable.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
With the 2S update the DNA200 seems very compelling. I'm thinking of building one with this battery.

Yes the 2s update provides options. That batt should work. I ponder how saving only 1/4" in thickness between a 2s and 3s pack LiPo (this batt vs. FullyMax one) will significantly change the size of the device. I can see reasoning to have a 2s 18650 vs. 3s 18650 when it comes to device size. In the end it only matters what a person desires I guess.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Thanks guys!
It's quite overwhelming all of a sudden, so I'd rather pay someone to do it for me at this point.
What's the smallest mod you've been able to make with the dna200? I don't really need huge batteries as I vape at 20w maximum, the only thing that interests me on the DNA200 is the pre-heat plus the upgrade-ability and TCR curves.

So, something more pocket friendly is what I'm looking for and the Hana v200 does look quite tallish
The Hana V200 is the same size as the Evolv Reference Box and that's just a "hand width" tall. Perfect pocket mod I think.

Duane

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
im looking for a box a little bigger than this one wish I had a cnc machine shop instead of a paint shop lol
Hana V200.

The Hana V200 is the same size as the Evolv Reference Box and that's just a "hand width" tall. Perfect pocket mod I think.

Duane
I should have mine tomorrow. I'll post pics.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

alee132

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Cool can we get a version of the board that runs on single 18650 please.
It would limit the power to way to little, you might as well just use a dna40. the boards size doesn't make sense to me if your going for similar power to dna40. Sure you could probably pull 60 watts or so off a single 18650. I just don't see the point but everyone wants something different I guess. Now that I have a mod with a 3s lipo that is similar in size to a single 18650 mod with way more amperage and similar mah and the ability to go up to 200 watts I see exactly why they made this the way they did. I am happy for people that are stuck in there ways that want to use dual 18650 batteries though. I just don't see a mod I can make that will fit those and be a good size unless someone comes out with a 3d printed case that is nicely designed around those perimeter's. I also have a rc lipo charger and have 2 of the same battery and external charge my lipo's and sway them. So I don't mind using lipo's even though I have a ton of 18650's laying around. I think lipo's are going to be used in a larger and larger amount of mods now and in the future.

Reactions: BNEAT

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
It would limit the power to way to little, you might as well just use a dna40. the boards size doesn't make sense to me if your going for similar power to dna40. Sure you could probably pull 60 watts or so off a single 18650. I just don't see the point but everyone wants something different I guess. Now that I have a mod with a 3s lipo that is similar in size to a single 18650 mod with way more amperage and similar mah and the ability to go up to 200 watts I see exactly why they made this the way they did. I am happy for people that are stuck in there ways that want to use dual 18650 batteries though. I just don't see a mod I can make that will fit those and be a good size unless someone comes out with a 3d printed case that is nicely designed around those perimeter's. I also have a rc lipo charger and have 2 of the same battery and external charge my lipo's and sway them. So I don't mind using lipo's even though I have a ton of 18650's laying around. I think lipo's are going to be used in a larger and larger amount of mods now and in the future.
For some of us who vape on single non-contact coils, you won't need anything more than 40-50W. And yes I've been asking on an updated version of the DNA40 with the features of the 200.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
For some of us who vape on single non-contact coils, you won't need anything more than 40-50W. And yes I've been asking on an updated version of the DNA40 with the features of the 200.
Liked your post, but in case Evolv is reading this, I'd prefer 60-70 Watts for my singles, 60 minimum. And make the board really really small!

Edit: and really really cheap!

(It doesn't hurt to ask)

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Liked your post, but in case Evolv is reading this, I'd prefer 60-70 Watts for my singles, 60 minimum. And make the board really really small!

Edit: and really really cheap!

(It doesn't hurt to ask)
Which is why I've ordered the IPV D2, which is exactly that. Having said that, I've always liked Hana mods even though I haven't owned one. I'm waiting on KTM to posts some photos of the V200 because I'm curious. I could always sell it off if I think it isn't for me.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Hell has frozen over. I actually agree with you :p

Sooooooo tempted to get a Hana, but then I want to see what Vaporshark comes up with
Get both :vapor:

Which is why I've ordered the IPV D2, which is exactly that. Having said that, I've always liked Hana mods even though I haven't owned one. I'm waiting on KTM to posts some photos of the V200 because I'm curious. I could always sell it off if I think it isn't for me.
I'm over cheap chinese chip mods. I would lump Yihi into that category too.

It's about the same size as the beta mod. I was thrown off by the initial (wrong) size they posted of 4.25" tall and was a bit hesitant but I ordered anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread