Undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
I've got a pair of the sig 150's and they are great boxes! For the price, bit over $60 shipped, I feel they are a great bargain for price per watt.

That said, as roxy noted above, they may not fire as low as you would like, and they are pretty large. If you use your mini out and about you may want something smaller. I've got a couple of the istick 30's and an istick 50, and the 50 has fantastic battery life. If you want to move to removable batteries and stay with a mid budget, there are lots of options like the sigelei 30 watt box or 50 watt box, or the ipv mini series that will be much more mobile than the sig 150.

For fixed batteries, the itaste MVP is touted to have great battery life, but I can't vouch for that.

I do not have an evic-vt but i was playing with one in the local vape shop, seems like a decent mod.

All that said, if you don't care about size, the sig has been a strong performer for me! It fits perfectly in my back pocket as well without falling over, very comfortable.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I do take my big Sigs out with me, but I have a big purse :D

Other mods with long batt life that are more portable:

Istick 50W. There have been many problems reported but my 3 are still chugging along. My fav portable mod.

The MVPs. I have a 20W I use as a take out with me device because its both cheap and durable. Its also pretty small.

Evic vt. I don't have one yet, but its small and has long batt life.

Coolfire IV. Sure looks more stylish than the MVP.

Other smaller mods:

Sigelei Mini 30W
Sigelei 50W. Not small small, but small compared to the 100 and 150.
Ipv mini I or II
New ipv D2 that hopefully is available soon
New Sigelei 75W

All of those are pretty portable.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I have had good luck with my sigelei minis which fire up to 30. The big advantage i see is that they are not MUCH bigger than the istick and you can change the battery till the cows come home, at 33 bucks or so right now too they are a steal even adding in a charger and some batts from illumn.com

The 150w sigelei i have had fir less time, use it with my dripper but it feels pretty solid, has good buttons. Does not have the same level of comfort in the hand feel as my hex ohm (the sigelei being more square and a bit bigger) but again, fir about 65 bucks right now a great value.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Got rid of everything I had including TC's and got the Sig. 150 $64 to my door. I vape 8 ml a day at 75w with a tobeco super tank mini at .2 and get 2+ days per charge. Size isn't an issue for me and I know I won't lose it because of it's size. Gave my wife an istick 50 and it should live a decent life since it's not pulling subohm duty. It's still flaky though. Also gave her my VS dna 30. I put a better battery in it for her and she gets a good day between charges with her nauti mini chain vaping. I'm holding back on TC for now there's alot more to come from that technology but there are times I miss my TC's.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
the evic vt has an internal battery, the sigelei uses two 18650s. Do you have a preference between a built in battery, that uses a micro usb to charge, or having to remove the batteries and put them in a charger? Whats more important, not having to fuss with batteries or the ability to replace batteries when they crap out?
BTW, the evic vt has temp control and the sigelei doesn't. I have an evic vt and I love it for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread