RDA VECTOR RDA™ by VLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paopawdecarabao

Jul 9, 2015
I'm surprised your tip is getting hot. Mines been at around .35 and it's never gotten hot. That's weird. Update: I got my delrin cap today! It looks sweet I love it, definitely a good buy.
b3df4e58bbfd34f3328398363460b7ee.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Where can I buy your delrin top cap and the drip tip? Links would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: 67Tele

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Where can I buy your delrin top cap and the drip tip? Links would be much appreciated. Thanks!
The drip tip can be found multiple places, it's the praxis derringer drip tip. But the top cap needs to be bought from a guy on ECF just message him about it, he's pretty quick about getting back to you. His name on here is Tbev I believe, and his name is Tom. And here is 1 site that has the drip tips, one of many so I just picked one.Praxis Derringer Drip Tip by Praxis Vapors

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
The drip tip can be found multiple places, it's the praxis derringer drip tip. But the top cap needs to be bought from a guy on ECF just message him about it, he's pretty quick about getting back to you. His name on here is Tbev I believe, and his name is Tom.

I got one from him. Faster than greased lighting. Stand-up guy who does great work! His sub-forum is: Tmodcustoms Bottom Feeder Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
Check there first for interest and contact info.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I guess I'm in the minority in that I like the Vectors top Cap as is.

Paopa I think my build is something like .48 (kanthal, 3mm ID, 26g) and I'm getting very nice flavor.

You're not alone in the minority. I have just about the saMe build as yours. I've used the replacement cap to try it out but prefer the original. I haven't had a problem with over heating either.

Paopawdecarabao

Jul 9, 2015
I guess I'm in the minority in that I like the Vectors top Cap as is.

Paopa I think my build is something like .48 (kanthal, 3mm ID, 26g) and I'm getting very nice flavor.

Awesome! I just pulled the trigger at viper vapes. Total is $35 with shipping and tax.

Would a sigelei 75w TC be good for this atty?

or what box mod would you recommend?

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Awesome! I just pulled the trigger at viper vapes. Total is $35 with shipping and tax.

Would a sigelei 75w TC be good for this atty?

or what box mod would you recommend?
75W would be more than enough IMO. I vape my build around 45W. It's perfect for how I like to vape. I haven't seen any reviews of the Sig 75W but in general Sigelei makes good Mods as far as I've read.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Finally picked up my vector from a friend today while I was out getting my Father's Day present for myself (55" LG smart tv!). Got home and checked the mailbox and my missing one was in there lol. Ended up turning around and selling one to another friend.

After doing a complete wall mounted hidden wire install all day and printing some shirts for a customer, I just now got to throw a build in it. Dual Fused Clapton. (2) 26ga nichrome80 wrapped in 34ga nichrome80. 6 wraps 2.5mm coming in around .19ohm. Loving the flavor and warmth so far at 75W on my sigelei 150.

So glad you guys "talked" me into it @HeiSINberg and @Mr.Mann!
I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd love to see a photo of the build.
lol but seeing as I'm a bit late on the scene I'm reluctant to assume you've even still got the same build on her...

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I don't have the delrin tip or the delrin top cap for heat.....I like delrin better. Its a preference, I HATE metal tips. Everyone keeps thinking it's for heat, mine doesn't get hot, I just like delrin better. I'm about to sell my vector and cap anyway, it's grown old and I barely use it.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
33ts677.jpg

2m4rlw4.jpg

Got to build my Vector RDA. First time building so any tips are welcome.

7 wraps 26g Kanthal A1. 30mm ID

The vector center post slightly moved to the right when I tightened the screws. Does it affect anything? Did I overtightened it?

What do you all recommend for a nickel build for the vector RDA for TC?

Just a simple quick correction.....
You meant 3mm ID,,,,,
As 30mmID would be about the size of my thumb..

Reactions: Mr.Mann

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Depends on what you are trying to do with the atty. For me, the Mutation X v4 was great for some things, but only okay for others. It has a ton of options, but I prefer simple builds for flavor. You might be able to achieve that with the MXV4, but it'll likely take much more configuring than it would with this atty. If clouds are your thing (save for dense flavor), the MXV4 is easily the choice (even though my Vector is still not here, so I can't truly compare the two. I can only say the MXV4 was a chucker before a flavor atty).
I was terrible underwhelmed and disappointed with my MXV4. One of the biggest regrettable hardware purchases I've made, may even be the most regrettable. It's just gives off such a horribly unsatusfying vape. The flavor is practically non existent and the screws are so annoying to work with. They're all half to completely stripped after just a few builds, smh, when will modders stop incorporating Phillips head screws in attys, seriously? They never last and it's so difficult to try and find replacement screws that fit. I spent three hours at Home Depot trying to match and then when that bore no results jerry rig some kind of screw that would fit an rda I own. Even after all that I still wasn't able to find any solution, smh

Reactions: Mr.Mann
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread