Variable voltage recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinner123

Jul 30, 2015
I have been using the electron-l from totally wicked it's a variable voltage. However, I'm finding it leaks a lot, the seals fail and often get a burnt taste even with new coil. Can someone recommend a variable voltage with a good throat hit which is well made? I'm in the UK so ones available here not needing shipped from overseas would be great.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I'm thinking of just buying a whole new one...I'm not really sure what I'd be buying if I was to get the bits separately?
Even if you bought "a whole new one" you would still have the issue of the tank. Just replace the tank. Take a look at the mini protank 3, evod glass or other tanks like that.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Looked that up and the kit appears overpriced for what it is. 10 watt variable wattage stick battery with a 510 connector (although the site I saw didn't say anything on it is standard, also a negative). The tank probably cracked because some juices will crack plastic after awhile. I think small devices can be great, but you need a couple to spread the load and provide redundancy, maybe some extra tanks for more flavors, including glass ones where appropriate. Doesn't all have to match, although in some cases that's good (coil supply). And since you need several, price is important (plus I don't like feeling ripped).

Spinner123

Jul 30, 2015
    Looked that up and the kit appears overpriced for what it is. 10 watt variable wattage stick battery with a 510 connector (although the site I saw didn't say anything on it is standard, also a negative). The tank probably cracked because some juices will crack plastic after awhile. I think small devices can be great, but you need a couple to spread the load and provide redundancy, maybe some extra tanks for more flavors, including glass ones where appropriate. Doesn't all have to match, although in some cases that's good (coil supply). And since you need several, price is important (plus I don't like feeling ripped).
    Thank you. Just to clarify, you can buy different tanks and batteries etc? do they all fit together or do you have to get ones that are compatible with each other? I've been using this one for a few months and not had a cigarette so I'm fairly convinced of their ability to stop regular smoking. However, I don't have a clue about how they actually work and are put together ☺️

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    There are two basic types of battery-to-tank connectors which in some cases are combined:
    • eGo style - this kind has the threads on the OUTSIDE which you screw your tank onto (think of screwing a cap on a bottle or jar, in this case the battery would be the bottle or jar and the tank would be the cap)
    • 510 style - this kind has the threads on the INSIDE, the tank has some metal sticking out of the bottom of it with visible threads which need to be screwed into a battery. (think standard screw into a hole, the tank is the screw and the battery has the hole)
    The 'eGo' style connection can be found on many stick/tube like batteries. Some of these style batteries may also have a 510 connection and if they do they may often will come with a 'beauty ring' to help support the tank as well as smooth the transition from the thin OD of the eGo style battery to the tank.

The so called "box mod" often has only a flat top with a threaded hole in it which only allows a 510 tank to be attached. A 510 to eGo adaptor sometimes is included.

In any case, it sounds like you have a tank problem.

Reactions: Spinner123

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Spinner.... Man! (or not?)

You need to sort it out.

Get the bits separately... it's no stress, really. What you have is large-scale "pants" and you need to stop shopping at the place that must not be mentioned.

Get yourself a nice small box mod (iStick 30w, Cloupor mini) or a medium one (Sigelei mini) or a large one (MVP 3.0) and stick a decent tank on the top. (mini Nautilus, Kanger subtank)

Have a look here..

Myepack.co.uk

or here

Vape Escape

I know I sound like a vaping snob, but I'm not. I spent the entire day with a Spinner and a Kanger T3S.

Reactions: Spinner123

Spinner123

Jul 30, 2015
    Spinner.... Man! (or not?)

You need to sort it out.

Get the bits separately... it's no stress, really. What you have is large-scale "pants" and you need to stop shopping at the place that must not be mentioned.

Get yourself a nice small box mod (iStick 30w, Cloupor mini) or a medium one (Sigelei mini) or a large one (MVP 3.0) and stick a decent tank on the top. (mini Nautilus, Kanger subtank)

Have a look here..

Myepack.co.uk

or here

Vape Escape

I know I sound like a vaping snob, but I'm not. I spent the entire day with a Spinner and a Kanger T3S.
    Thank you! I'm female can't you guess ;-) intelligent usually, but I've got myself all confused with the different options and reviews. I am going to order an istick and one of those tanks. Yes the current one is rubbish and I still haven't smoked for months so I'm looking forward to a decent vape any good recommendations for e liquid? I started on tobacco flavour and now don't like it so use raspberry mint most of the time.

Reactions: djsvapour

coilburner

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2015
    Thank you! I'm female can't you guess ;-) intelligent usually, but I've got myself all confused with the different options and reviews. I am going to order an istick and one of those tanks. Yes the current one is rubbish and I still haven't smoked for months so I'm looking forward to a decent vape any good recommendations for e liquid? I started on tobacco flavour and now don't like it so use raspberry mint most of the time.
    Please don't buy an istick.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Horrible track record of "durability" If you consider being durable not malfunctioning within the first month or two. Its all over this forum. My Istick 30w started having problems just after a month.
    Really? It's all over this forum?

I'm here every day, sometimes for hours at a time. I have seen that a very small number of 30w iSticks have had problems.

I also follow this thread Eleaf iStick : part 2 | Page 47 | E-Cigarette Forum and have only read about a few that have had problems.

The iStick 50w has had some serious, sometimes dangerous, problems so I would never recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    Really? It's all over this forum?

I'm here every day, sometimes for hours at a time. I have seen that a very small number of 30w iSticks have had problems.

I also follow this thread Eleaf iStick : part 2 | Page 47 | E-Cigarette Forum and have only read about a few that have had problems.

The iStick 50w has had some serious, sometimes dangerous, problems so I would never recommend it to anyone.
    +1 on this. I recommend the 30 all the time, bought a few for friends and family. I'm a big fan. The 50 is just not worth gambling on. Not everyone is going to drop the cash for a provari or sx mini.

Reactions: GeorgeS

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 13, 2014
    Skidegate, BC, Canada
    granolaboy.net
    kanger subbox kit. Absolutely.

I'm NOT a kanger fan-boy, but my buddy came by with one the other day. Just used the coils that came with it...just opened the box, filled and brought it over.

I'll be damned if that wasn't a fantastic vape, and my ADV is typically a parallel box with a plume veil or derringer RDA on it.

kanger subox starter kit. Forget the egos, this is the new beginner's kit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread