• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
For those who are worried re: W 10 - don't. After a bit of mucking about it will be more solid than any os you have had to date. Having played with it a bit I love it. :)
Thanks for the reassurance Pipe :) I might not get chance to do it tomorrow, but twill get done soon. :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
:offtopic: Anyone tried the windows 10 yet ? i want to know if i will lose everything like Chrome, Avast, all my bookmarks etc if i switch over to it !

I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet, as long as you do it as an upgrade, and everything you use at the moment works under Win 8.1 which I think you have, then you shouldn't lose anything.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I reckon i would be left in the dark if anything happened to Chefs Trish. Sends a shiver down me spine it does :laugh:
I certainly won't argue with that Terry! They've quite possibly been what kept me going!
You'll remember me hunting around early last year, and there weren't many VG ones around, nor makers that were so helpful - any I did find were miles away from the quality I found from them.

For those who are worried re: W 10 - don't. After a bit of mucking about it will be more solid than any os you have had to date. Having played with it a bit I love it. :)
That's encouraging! Is it customisable to look like W7, and did you lose the use of any programmes?

Reactions: e-pipeman

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Well looks like I can't order from fasttech I get this message at checkout. PayPal and credit card payments are disabled because of certain products in cart.
I`ve never come across that before, and don`t know what to suggest really, other than clearing cookies etc.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Chillblast were trying a beta of it some months ago and said a lot needed ironing out with it at that stage.
It still needed things ironing out last week, the actual upgrades are going out to the Insiders list first, to see if there are any more problems, then it will be going out to Win 8.1 machines and finally Win 7 machines, so I think it will be at least another few days to a week before I get it as a downloaded upgrade, but you don't have to install it straight away, might be worth hanging on until others have tried it first.

I downloaded a special copy today and now have an ISO image and a USB installation set for the 64bit Pro version, so might have a go at installing it on my laptop tomorrow or over the weekend, as it doesn't matter if I lose anything on the laptop or I find it unusable.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet, as long as you do it as an upgrade, and everything you use at the moment works under Win 8.1 which I think you have, then you shouldn't lose anything.
Yes i have the win 8.1 Bob. Did you download it from the icon sent by microsoft ?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

As I may have mentioned earlier, the automatic update doesn't always work. However, it is really easy to force a download which will work. :) Bob, you say that you have it downloaded. If that's an ISO then I'd be careful unless you want a clean install. Those of us who want to keep all our settings can do it really easily. :)

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Hi Kelly, that mod is a later version from Eleaf so will probably be better, for anything that has a internal battery, it is best to choose via Swedish Post, otherwise it will take ages to get here. If you decide to get this one, then to use the temp protection you will need atomizers that have Ni-200 nickel coils in them, but it will still work in normal power mode with normal Kanthal coils, what do you normally use for atomizers?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Well looks like I can't order from fasttech I get this message at checkout. PayPal and credit card payments are disabled because of certain products in cart.
If you don't mind sharing what you are trying to order, we might be able to say what is causing the problem, anything made by Aspire can cause problems.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Yes i have the win 8.1 Bob. Did you download it from the icon sent by microsoft ?

You'll wait forever if you do it that way. Try seeing what will happen with Windows Update (probably not much).

If nothing is happening go to "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download". Delete everything IN the folder (but not the folder).

Do a "search" for CMD. When you have it right-click and choose administrator .

Run CMD as above and type wuauclt.exe /updatenow

If you look at Windows Update in Control Panel it will be downloading. Hang around for an hour or two and it'll all be fine :)

PS - this worked fine for me. I'm not saying that it'll work for everyone. :)

Reactions: Pictor

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
Hi Kelly, that mod is a later version from Eleaf so will probably be better, for anything that has a internal battery, it is best to choose via Swedish Post, otherwise it will take ages to get here. If you decide to get this one, then to use the temp protection you will need atomizers that have Ni-200 nickel coils in them, but it will still work in normal power mode with normal Kanthal coils, what do you normally use for atomizers?
Hi thanks for the reply. I am using the aspire mini and I have a isub g tank

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It still needed things ironing out last week, the actual upgrades are going out to the Insiders list first, to see if there are any more problems, then it will be going out to Win 8.1 machines and finally Win 7 machines, so I think it will be at least another few days to a week before I get it as a downloaded upgrade, but you don't have to install it straight away, might be worth hanging on until others have tried it first.
I have a feeling that I probably won't get it until I have to :laugh: I hate change when I'm happy with something ...bit of 'if it aint broke, don't fix it!'.

I had put some aspire mini coils in my basket along with the 40w tc and when I removed the coils it came up with paypal. it just won't let me buy the coils.
I was just checking the forum at FT and saw a post where someone had that problem when trying to buy a Nautilus Tank - answer given is that some companies (One being Aspire) have objected to FT selling their goods at such discounted prices, so they got PP on their side to block them.
I use a CC on there, not PP.
PayPal unavailable due to: Authentic Aspire Nautilus BVC Clearomizer (5.0ml).: FastTech Forums

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
No I downloaded the "MediaCreationToolx64.exe" from Download Windows 10 Official then using that tool you can either download the ISO file and cut your own CD/DVD or create an installation fileset on a 4GB USB stick.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
Certainly a strange one that, are you sure the coils are in stock, not discontinued ?
No they are in stock. Here's a pic
image.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Certainly a strange one that, are you sure the coils are in stock, not discontinued ?
It's the old Aspire problem, they were one of the companies that blacklisted FT, so they buy them via a third party, but we have problems with ordering them, I go elsewhere if I want Aspire stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread