GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Hi buddy, somehow I missed your post. We just finished the design of the Spheroid GPin, it is under production and we hope to have it ready at the Piccoloid v2 release (Spheroid v4+Piccolo v4) :)

Awesome, I am definitely on the bench for one of those!

(so sorry for my lovely Piccoloid v1.. she will have to tolerate a sexy hybrid v2 with afc who will outshine her both in looks and performance..)

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
16 meets 23

Use%2025072015_zpso1hmdysd.jpg

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Nice pic Q! i want to be suer my math/logic is correct. If I build two 1ohm coils and place in a RDA, the ohms should red .5 ohms for the atty, correct? Also, when doing dual coils, I need to make the 2 separate coils identical in resistance the best I can correct? Also, does this hold true for quad coils....If i build four 1 ohm coils and mount them in an atty...the total ohms for the atty would be .25 ohms?
Thanks for any suggestions and answers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Nice pic Q! i want to be suer my math/logic is correct. If I build two 1ohm coils and place in a RDA, the ohms should red .5 ohms for the atty, correct? Also, when doing dual coils, I need to make the 2 separate coils identical in resistance the best I can correct? Also, does this hold true for quad coils....If i build four 1 ohm coils and mount them in an atty...the total ohms for the atty would be .25 ohms?
Thanks for any suggestions and answers!

The above is correct. However, it's the formula which matters:
Total (Rt) of two or more resistances (R1, R2, R3... Rn) in parallel is : Rt = (R1 x R2 x R3... Rn) / (R1 + R2 + R3... Rn)

a) Making the coils identical in Ohms is not a must, but advisable, so that each warm up similarly
b) Yes, it holds true for any # of coils
c) In simple terms yes, if the Ohms of each coil is same - then the resultant Ohms will be "ohms of one coil divided by the # of coils".

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
The above is correct. However, it's the formula which matters:
Total (Rt) of two or more resistances (R1, R2, R3... Rn) in parallel is : Rt = (R1 x R2 x R3... Rn) / (R1 + R2 + R3... Rn)

a) Making the coils identical in Ohms is not a must, but advisable, so that each warm up similarly
b) Yes, it holds true for any # of coils
c) In simple terms yes, if the Ohms of each coil is same - then the resultant Ohms will be "ohms of one coil divided by the # of coils".
Awewome, I am experimenting safely!

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I know I can't compare to Path's drunken posts but this is the best switch ever! I don't care if it matches the 18500 tube that I ordered, separately. It's that good . My 18650 tube matches perfectly but it doesn't take away from the fact that this is the best performing switch that I've ever had the pleasure to use :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I know I can't compare to Path's drunken posts but this is the best switch ever! I don't care if it matches the 18500 tube that I ordered, separately. It's that good . My 18650 tube matches perfectly but it doesn't take away from the fact that this is the best performing switch that I've ever had the pleasure to use :)

It really is my favorite so far. I hope if they do bring out a new X that they incorporate that new design on it. I only wish to make a suggestion... I know everyone has one :) but tradition seems to be that the 22mm have brass buttons and that the X is all SS. I hope it stays all stainless for the new X , IF there is one coming.

Thanks Perseas for all your hard work and hours upon hours of thought you put into the design and to all the guys and gals that put their sweat and effort in producing all the amazing things you and they make.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Perseas (or qorax),

Can you tell me if using a 22>16 Bograt adapter will block the Spheroid V4's air slot? It's hard for me to tell from the pictures or qorax's videos how high up from the bottom of the atomizer base the slot is.

IMG_0186.jpg

The air slot is 6+ mm higher from the bottom of the base.

eb9243830043e5adb647d8b175723f66.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks, P. It's going to be close, but hopefully it will work. The adapter height is exactly 6mm.

Then it must fit, if the adapter is absolutely flat without any roundness at the inner periphery.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Perseas (or qorax),

Can you tell me if using a 22>16 Bograt adapter will block the Spheroid V4's air slot? It's hard for me to tell from the pictures or qorax's videos how high up from the bottom of the atomizer base the slot is.

IMG_0186.jpg
IMO the Spheroid V4's straight cut bottom looks nice even on a wider mod. Why? B'coz of the unique dome shaped top end it kind of balances out the otherwise uniformity of contours down under. Remember, the Spheroid's ergonomics is one-of-a-kind, there's no other atty like it in the globe.

So, why is there a need to affix an OD converter adapter underneath? I understand that 'looks' are subjective, thus it is an IMHO. That with the beveled bottom, which the adapter would offer b'coz of it's slanted top, it might mar the unique look of the Spheroid V4. B'coz now both it's ends will have opposing slants.

23ixe9c.jpg

Btw, even on a box mod the Spheroid V4 looks cool without a 'step-down' adapter.
2hdaah5.jpg

And O' yes, you are right there ~ The Spheroid V4 is the BEST Spheroid ever. Vapes like a DREAM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread