• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
No I downloaded the "MediaCreationToolx64.exe" from Download Windows 10 Official then using that tool you can either download the ISO file and cut your own CD/DVD or create an installation fileset on a 4GB USB stick.
I`m getting a Headache now :laugh: I will just try it from what they sent me Bob. :)

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Hi thanks for the reply. I am using the aspire mini and I have a isub g tank
Vaporshark do Ni-200 coils for the Aspire Nautilus Mini & Atlantis, and Kanger do them for the Kanger Subtank Mini (which are cheaper), otherwise as I said you can still use the 40w in power mode with normal coils.

Reactions: Kellyrob1uk

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I`m getting a Headache now :laugh: I will just try it from what they sent me Bob. :)
Win 10.PNG

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That annoyed me too, Terry. You have two choices - leave your pc on and wait until tomorrow ,
or the day after or next week depending on when they decide to let the normal people have it...and I think Terry should wait until his machine asks him to do the upgrade or he might end up throwing it against the wall :evil:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
That's encouraging! Is it customisable to look like W7, and did you lose the use of any programmes?

Any software item it doesn't like turns up in an icon on the desktop called "Removed Applications". The ones I had in that area worked perfectly when I reinstalled them. Ymmv.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
or the day after or next week depending on when they decide to let the normal people have it...and I think Terry should wait until his machine asks him to do the upgrade or he might end up throwing it against the wall :evil:

Anyone can upgrade now. I refer the honourable etc etc

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Any software item it doesn't like turns up in an icon on the desktop called "Removed Applications". The ones I had in that area worked perfectly when I reinstalled them. Ymmv.
Oh! interesting! :thumb: ...I still worry about my obsolete programme though :laugh: Perhaps when the time comes, I should leave W7 on the notebook and put the programme on there to do website stuff/updates with!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Oh! interesting! :thumb: ...I still worry about my obsolete programme though :laugh: Perhaps when the time comes, I should leave W7 on the notebook and put the programme on there to do website stuff/updates with!

That will depend on how important that piece of software is to you. If you have the option of keeping it on another device while you upgrade - then I'd say upgrade! :)

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That will depend on how important that piece of software is to you. If you have the option of keeping it on another device while you upgrade - then I'd say upgrade! :)
It's very important to me - I may not have the smartest website based on modern layouts, but it works, serves it's intended purpose and I know how to use it ...plus, I haven't a clue now how to go about making and uploading a new one! :facepalm:
Still, I'm pretty sure I could install the programme on my notebook, and as the actual site itself is on an external drive as well as a copy on a different desktop drive, it should be usable that way once I find it and tell the programme where it is! :laugh:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

Bob - the whole thing is available now. Ymmv.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Like your style Bob :laugh: I`m gonna hang on and see what happens with the Machine me thinks :laugh: Bedtime for bonzo now, nite all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread