FDA Rep Tom Cole introduces bill (HR 2058) to change SE date from 2007 to 2015 for newly deemed products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Thanks for the update! Makes me feel good about the letter I sent Billy asking him to co-sponsor the bill. (No, I'm not delusional enough to think he did it because of my letter, but maybe...just maybe it had some influence no matter how small)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Considering he died two years ago, I wouldn't worry about it too much ;)

Cute. That was a follow-up on the Boehner, et al. regarding use of ecigarettes.

"Reps. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.), Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) and Collin Peterson (D-Minn.) have all been spotted using the device on Capitol Hill."

"Stearns has sent electronic cigarettes to House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and President Obama to help them quit smoking. He’s been seen using the device in the Speaker’s Lobby, where Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) banned smoking two years ago. Her office did not respond to a request for comment by press time."

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Woohoo! that's extremely encouraging, to know there are at least 3 people in DC with a functional brain in their heads. :thumbs:
Just because they have functional brains doesn't mean they have our best interests at heart. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Just because they have functional brains doesn't mean they have our best interests at heart. ;)

Well heck, 3 functional brains in DC is more than I expected. I figured every gov't drone there undergoes a complete frontal and moral lobotomy on entering the city, and then wanders around like a pack of zombies, except instead of chanting "brains... brains" they're all chanting "money... money". ;)

If they vape, they have at least 1 thing in common with us, and might look to their own benefit if no one else's. Politicians are really good at that! :thumb:

Andria

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Someone tell me why all these states are jumping on the bandwagon before the deeming's are even decided upon. I want to shake the be-jeezus out of them. IT IS NOT TOBACCO. No leaves, no smoke, no toxic tar and no 4,000 burning cancer causing chemicals.
Just gets my blood boiling. Think I'll go scream.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Someone tell me why all these states are jumping on the bandwagon before the deeming's are even decided upon.

Like Rossum says - they need the money but I also think the deeming is in trouble - it should have been finalized last month - so the states are attempting make up for what the deeming may lack.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Like Rossum says - they need the money but I also think the deeming is in trouble - it should have been finalized last month - so the states are attempting make up for what the deeming may lack.

Kind of makes you wonder if the push back and the total lack of any serious provable problems are giving them second thoughts. It's coming up on 10 years of use and still nothing aside from some who have allergy problems with them. No gateway to smoking, just one away from it, no one has died and even the few battery problems were the same as any other battery powered consumer product.

They already got burned in court in 2009 by the truth and they may not want to go there again.

eta: Also don't forget the $270 million they are wasting on tobacco regulatory science, all we're seeing so far is more money wasted on propaganda.

:D

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Kind of makes you wonder if the push back and the total lack of any serious provable problems are giving them second thoughts. It's coming up on 10 years of use and still nothing aside from some who have allergy problems with them. No gateway to smoking, just one away from it, no one has died and even the few battery problems were the same as any other battery powered consumer product.

They already got burned in court in 2009 by the truth and they may not want to go there again.
Oh come on, this is a federal regulatory agency we're talking about here, not a small business. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread